Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Cheating in a relationship is playing a stupid game.

Sleeping with someone who answers to one of the most petty men on the planet is also a stupid game.

Therefore, Johnny played two stupid games at once and won a stupid prize.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's like you solicit followers to donate to your account for your projects. Lots of YouTubers have Patreon. I support one.
    I think I would be too lazy to keep up with patreon / youtube projects.

I wouldn't mind Frankie coming back as long it doesn't involve gaslighting Johnny like in Heralds. She blamed him for her choice of following Galactus in that book and I hated it.
    Also, this whole mess shows that Johnny should not be in a relationship for a while. I don't want Frankie back just because she'd be the only one able to have a physical relationship with him. He doesn't deserve any romantic relationships for a long time.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Cheating in a relationship is playing a stupid game.

Sleeping with someone who answers to one of the most petty men on the planet is also a stupid game.

Therefore, Johnny played two stupid games at once and won a stupid prize.
    I really miss the days when writers gave Johnny a more mature treatment. That started taking place IIRC near the end of the Stan & Jack era and continued for a while. I recall one writer that regressed Johnny was Mark Waid. but I think that was so that he could have a story featuring Reed and Sue getting him to take more responsibility within the team. IIRC they put him in charge of the business portion of the Fantastic Four. They had a gift shop on the first floor of the Baxter Building and other concerns that he was in charge of.

WTF with this history?

First of all, Doom has stated that his interest in Victorious was a Fatherly one, something that has some sense for the damn AGE GAP betwen them, so the simple fact that he wanted to marry her instead of ADOPT her is creepy itself. He alredy has an adopted son (who here is not even metioned) he can easily have another one and put her in charge. Damn! he is DOOM he was able to put Riri, a complete foreing in charge, BECAUSE HE IS DOOM!!!, and his word is law. Well then he can put in charge a National symbol and a war hero. All the marriage was creepy and unnecesary.

Second, Victorious jumping in bed with enemies of Doom is stupid. She who is madly loyal to Doom. Not even her own mother can change that. buuut some hormones can? She is not a horny teen unable to think straight after being called cute, for the MOST PROBLEMATIC guy avaliable. She is not a rebelius daughter trying to date what daddy hates to make him mad and create drama. She is a warrior, who can think straight and say "yes you are kind of cute, but there is no way I would have sex with you because that would be pretty problematic" She is pretty and admired she has no need to fall for a manchild who is basically married and become a cheater.

Talking about cheaters, Jhonny Storm here is actually despicable. I don't like Sky, I found her unnecesary, unnoriginal and a religious fanatic. But Jhonny knew that and still acepted all the soulbound stuff, who is bassically a mariage but far more deeper. Took her away of her planet, family and friends and put her in his team to seal the deal. He accepted the marriage.
    But now that she is totally isolatated and depends on him to adapt into an alien planet, he just ignores her, allows his ex insult her, and at the first chance cheats on her. What an ass.

Back in Victorius brain damage, she not just has sex with a problematic and married manchild, who she has seen like three times, but for some reason maddly dessires. She acepts Doom marriage propose while having him still in the bed. That's bad, ok but has solution, she could have told Jhonny to shut up and forget all about her, no one has to know. She wants to be honest? FINE, she can talk Doom in private, even if that means pausing the wedding a minute. What level of braing damage has to have a person to admit having sex with his enemy IN FRONT OF ALL THE PUBLIC AND CAMERAS!!! looks like she were trying to cause the most humillaton and damage posible, in a dude who is famous for his pride and vengefull nature. She knows him, she should know that hurting his pride in public was the worse idea ever.

At the end Jhonny is trapped in supernova form (again), Victorius has to use a mask (maybe a gag could have been more usefull) because Doom "dosen't want to see her face" but other ways their relationship hasn't changed, and Doom hates the F4 again.

So basically they caused braing damage in the cast for no reason, nothing changed at the end.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

This story didn't turn out as bad as I thought that it would.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like the idea of Frankie coming back too. The last thing I read where she appeared was that Heralds mini series with the terrible art.
    She made one post FF reunion appearance in Thor when he gathered all of Galactus' former heralds to discuss his coming, before becoming a herald himself.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    She made one post FF reunion appearance in Thor when he gathered all of Galactus' former heralds to discuss his coming, before becoming a herald himself.
    Thanks... I will have to check that one. Whose Thor run was that? Aaron?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Thanks... I will have to check that one. Whose Thor run was that? Aaron?
    Donny Cates' 2020 run.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/series/28031/thor_2020
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I really miss the days when writers gave Johnny a more mature treatment. That started taking place IIRC near the end of the Stan & Jack era and continued for a while. I recall one writer that regressed Johnny was Mark Waid. but I think that was so that he could have a story featuring Reed and Sue getting him to take more responsibility within the team. IIRC they put him in charge of the business portion of the Fantastic Four. They had a gift shop on the first floor of the Baxter Building and other concerns that he was in charge of.
    Johnny is obviously the kewl uncle for Franklin and Valeria. There is nothing wrong with being a man-child when playing with your toys or fooling around (not in a sexual way). I can deal with that and frankly, I kind of prefer it. BUT man-children do need to grow the f*** up in some respects. Johnny needs to have some sense of responsibility. Slott actually showed this in a recent issue when Johnny was working on a vehicle and he counseled Sue on getting Franklin help. That we need to see a lot more of. Stuff like pranking Ben and kidding around with Peter Parker speak to his maturity in some ways, but those actions don't make him out to be a childish danger to the family and team.

It's a tendency for writers to want to do a scene where Johnny gets it and has an epiphany, maturing and turning over a new leaf. Just write scenes where Johnny does mature, reasonable stuff and not scenes where he's a childish, selfish moron.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Johnny is obviously the kewl uncle for Franklin and Valeria. There is nothing wrong with being a man-child when playing with your toys or fooling around (not in a sexual way). I can deal with that and frankly, I kind of prefer it.
    Hell yes!!!

Prank friends, get toys, fool around, is perfectly ok, is fun, is healtly and we can se more of that and even relate.

But acting as selfish horny idiot unable to think twice after cheating your wife and jumping in bed, with the worst partner available is crappy. And Jhonny acted that way whitout regard of how this would impact his family, his soulmate or even Victorious herself who as far as Jhonny knows who could have been executed for it. That guy is alredy pushing 30's we know that he would never get it because editorial but should show more foresight because right now I know teens far more responsible.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Extraordinary Member

With regards to Johnny's powers....everything eventually goes back to the status quo. Short term....maybe he can just borrow the power dampener that Bobby Drake used when his ice powers were out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Hell yes!!!

Prank friends, get toys, fool around, is perfectly ok, is fun, is healtly and we can se more of that and even relate.

But acting as selfish horny idiot unable to think twice after cheating your wife and jumping in bed, with the worst partner available is crappy. And Jhonny acted that way whitout regard of how this would impact his family, his soulmate or even Victorious herself who as far as Jhonny knows who could have been executed for it. That guy is alredy pushing 30's we know that he would never get it because editorial but should show more foresight because right now I know teens far more responsible.

I think Luna deserves some blame in this whole Johnny/Sky/Victorious thing....like pretty much all 'prophecy' types she war real cryptic with her 'your gonna make a big mistake and screw everything up' when what she should have said is 'don't $#@$ Victorious'.

And...yes...Johnny can be the fun uncle with Frank and Val...but when it comes to his romantic relationships and other adult responsibilities he should have grown up a long damn time ago.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-29-2021 at 09:56 PM.

On the growing up thing, I think Johnny should just come to the realization that monogamy is not for him. Marriage and "settling down" with one person is not for everybody and I think Johnny is one of those people. It could lead to more mature relationships in the future and also show that there is more than one way to have romantic relationships. I don't want Johnny to eventually get married and have kids, the other members of the FF have that covered. Him being non-monogamous means that Marvel won't have to find silly ways to break him up with whoever he's with (like cheating...).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    With regards to Johnny's powers....everything eventually goes back to the status quo. Short term....maybe he can just borrow the power dampener that Bobby Drake used when his ice powers were out of control.
    I hope this current thing with his powers puts him on Bobby's power level. I've always like the idea of them mirroring each other in many ways. Instead of curing him, I hope this ends with him learning to control it and being more powerful as a result.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

You make a great point.

I was not aware of Heralds and the gaslighting. I just don't/can't read everything anymore.

I agree, he needs to be ~smarting~ for a while after this.

But it really brings up the main problem:
    Writers are stuck with keeping him immature. Or Sue too motherly. Or Thing to self-pitying

etc.

But writers or some, seem to destroy characters because they don't like them and just want to destroy them:

Bendis and Scarlet Witch.
    Editorial mandates must keep the main FF from something so severe, but I don't know what the writer's glitch is that they can't overcome that handicap and find a better story to write.

The FF is about relationships, and certainly I can remember/coming from an age, where you always knew someone who was always in and out of love, couldn't keep a stable relationship.
    It's okay to have that kind of character, but it still needs a better bit of writing to keep it compelling.
    If Johnny's problems are committment, we deserve a better story to explain what is really going on.
    This is why, of course, the gay or bi angle, as for some of us, that may be either the most obvious way to go.
    I don't know myself, but it just now strikes me that earlier in this run

Johnny was upset by Iceman's presence as a FF member... now maybe that is where I see a story going.

And wouldn't that be revolutionary? Johnny comes out and begins a relationship with Bobby.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    On the growing up thing, I think Johnny should just come to the realization that monogamy is not for him. Marriage and "settling down" with one person is not for everybody and I think Johnny is one of those people. It could lead to more mature relationships in the future and also show that there is more than one way to have romantic relationships. I don't want Johnny to eventually get married and have kids, the other members of the FF have that covered. Him being non-monogamous means that Marvel won't have to find silly ways to break him up with whoever he's with (like cheating...).
    Well, how often has it been Johnny's fault that a relationship ended? I think with Crystal she moved on, Frankie became a Herald of Galactus, Lyja was...Lyja.

I feel like it's more often that women leave Johnny than Johnny actually does something to end the relationship. I guess that would leave anyone to doubt the idea of there being a "one."