Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
You make a great point.

I was not aware of Heralds and the gaslighting. I just don't/can't read everything anymore.

I agree, he needs to be ~smarting~ for a while after this.

But it really brings up the main problem:
Writers are stuck with keeping him immature. Or Sue too motherly. Or Thing to self-pitying

etc.

But writers or some, seem to destroy characters because they don't like them and just want to destroy them:

Bendis and Scarlet Witch.
Editorial mandates must keep the main FF from something so severe, but I don't know what the writer's glitch is that they can't overcome that handicap and find a better story to write.

The FF is about relationships, and certainly I can remember/coming from an age, where you always knew someone who was always in and out of love, couldn't keep a stable relationship.
It's okay to have that kind of character, but it still needs a better bit of writing to keep it compelling.
If Johnny's problems are committment, we deserve a better story to explain what is really going on.
This is why, of course, the gay or bi angle, as for some of us, that may be either the most obvious way to go.
I don't know myself, but it just now strikes me that earlier in this run

Johnny was upset by Iceman's presence as a FF member... now maybe that is where I see a story going.

And wouldn't that be revolutionary? Johnny comes out and begins a relationship with Bobby.
Just big NO to that last one. IMO it does a disservice to a character to make such a radical change this late in the game.