Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Slott threw away any chance of Doom's growth as a character when Doom went all mustache twirling bad guy in the Galactus story. Most writers see Doom as a bad guy who can be a thoroughly evil bastard, but they also recognize Victor can do some good, and often does. An actual truce would have been an interesting idea. What could the FF do if they found Doom had a plot going on? The FF would be torn between actively investigating and possibly stopping Doom, or remain neutral in order to keep the peace until there really was a problem. As to Johnny's problem, I agree that it ain't going to last that long.
    I shouldn't be surprised in comics when one writer ignores what previous writers have done. I thought when Bendis did the Infamous Iron Man series that it would be a new version of Doom that might last a while. Zdarsky's Marvel Two In One was in sync with the Infamous Iron Man too. But then Slott tossed it all away so quickly. I knew it would happen eventually but as I said earlier it was annoying to me that Doom's overtures to being less adversarial to Ben and Johnny were just dropped and he tossed them into those death traps. There was no lead up to show why he became so hateful again

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I shouldn't be surprised in comics when one writer ignores what previous writers have done. I thought when Bendis did the Infamous Iron Man series that it would be a new version of Doom that might last a while. Zdarsky's Marvel Two In One was in sync with the Infamous Iron Man too. But then Slott tossed it all away so quickly. I knew it would happen eventually but as I said earlier it was annoying to me that Doom's overtures to being less adversarial to Ben and Johnny were just dropped and he tossed them into those death traps. There was no lead up to show why he became so hateful again
    Seriously. Doom's grown since the Lee/Kirby "Prisoner" story (84-87). Many writers add other facets to his personality, so it's not just ignoring one or two with a pro-Victor fetish. Doom's got many facets of light shining through his darkness. Without these, he's far from fit to be the FF's main foe.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?