3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomzilla

2 66.67%
  • TheMunchKing

1 33.33%
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Rumblers League Round 6: Tomzilla vs The MunchKing: THE VOTE

Link to the match

- You have 48 hours to vote (so there's no rush, take the opportunity to read the match and its discussion).
    - Please leave a valid reason why you have voted the way you did.
    - Non-leaguers may vote, but I MUST stress that random voting sullies the integrity of the entire league. If you are going to vote once, please do so regularly across the board.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Voting for myself.

I think the combination of Shadow King psychically persuading Ego to join forces, King Ghidorah seizing control of Munch's monsters, Illyria's time alterations slowing my enemies down, and Sherlock/Genie magically running amok solidifies my victory.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I vote The MunchKING. He both planned for and countered Shadow King, and the others, and he actually provided feats for what he said.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I vote The MunchKING. He both planned for and countered Shadow King, and the others, and he actually provided feats for what he said.
    I mean, your plan for dealing with a high end bullet timer was to shoot them.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean, your plan for dealing with a high end bullet timer was to shoot them.
    A) I didn't get feats of that.

B) FROM SURPRISE! He'd have never seen it coming.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh…..voting Tom. I don’t quite think Munch pulls it out here, though I did like his moves. Shadow King is just…..irritatingly powerful.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

In between the Shadow King/Egi move, Ghidorah controlling the monsters, and less than steller ways of dealing with enemies permanently I give my vote to Tomzilla. It was an interesting stratagy by MunchKing that made this vote harder than it seems and I liked the creativity but it falls short this time.

Good match guys.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

The Eternal Librarian TheBookDragon's Avatar

I voting Tomzilla

I.. tend to think that the big monsters team getting out-big monstered is a shame.

I want to note that I heavily disagree with the suggestion made in the thread that the basilisk would lash out against MunchKING's team just because it only obeys those that speak Parseltongue. That just goes against the basic idea of teams.

With Shadow King's bullet-timing abilities having been called into question I would have liked to see some feats provided, especially for him outreacting bullets coming from behind him when taken by surprise. There's a big difference between say, thinking before a bullet reaches you when you see someone raise a gun and doing the same when you don't.

Likewise it would have been nice to get some specifics on how King Ghidorah's call worked to judge whether it could be technological control.

With that said,I think MunchKING made a few too many research mistakes regarding his opponents. Shadow King's bullet-timing aside, the Genie being different from his animated version, Ghidorah being a different version from the one Godzilla could beat, and similar things.

So I give my vote to Tomzilla, but it was close. If I had some kind of tie-breaker vote for this match I might have abstained.