Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue as a blockbuster action scene. I think the last issue of ASM made it clear the main story is going on over there while SW is going to contain mostly action.

Some people have noted that Peter is doing badly in battle here because he has been physically and mentally broken down by the events of Spencer's run (which I think was recently revealed to be only a few weeks or months?). I don't think Spencer has done a good job of showing that if it is the case. Peter always seems fresh and ready and there's been very little either in character, speech or body language to suggest he has been drastically worn down by recent events. It certainly doesn't feel like a 'Knightfall' style story overall.

Loved the return of Ana, really didn't see that coming. I'm interested in Otto's characterisation here, he feels off but in a good way. Stoic? Noble? Superior? I'm not sure exactly.

I am also (and have always been) interested in how much of Kindred is genuine and how much is theatrics. Remember, he was getting something from Chameleon which implies he's not all he seems. Did he actually place creatures in the villains' brains or does he just have some device to cause pain? Although I'm fine with the idea of alt-universe Harry, I've never completely bought Kindred as a creature from Hell (and definitely not that he killed/resurrected Peter), but that's my mindset anyway as I'm really not into traditionally religious Heaven/Hell stuff in my mainstream DC/Marvel.

I swear to god, if this entire thing including Kindred himself is a ludicrously elaborate ruse by Mysterio I will lose my **** in a bizarre eruption of joy and rage.
    Last edited by exile001; 08-09-2021 at 04:16 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I enjoyed the issue as a blockbuster action scene. I think the last issue of ASM made it clear the main story is going on over there while SW is going to contain mostly action.

Some people have noted that Peter is doing badly in battle here because he has been physically and mentally broken down by the events of Spencer's run (which I think was recently revealed to be only a few weeks or months?). I don't think Spencer has done a good job of showing that if it is the case. Peter always seems fresh and ready and there's been very little either in character, speech or body language to suggest he has been drastically worn down by recent events. It certainly doesn't feel like a 'Knightfall' style story overall.

Loved the return of Ana, really didn't see that coming. I'm interested in Otto's characterisation here, he feels off but in a good way. Stoic? Noble? Superior? I'm not sure exactly.

I am also (and have always been) interested in how much of Kindred is genuine and how much is theatrics. Remember, he was getting something from Chameleon which implies he's not all he seems. Did he actually place creatures in the villains' brains or does he just have some device to cause pain? Although I'm fine with the idea of alt-universe Harry, I've never completely bought Kindred as a creature from Hell (and definitely not that he killed/resurrected Peter), but that's my mindset anyway as I'm really not into traditionally religious Heaven/Hell stuff in my mainstream DC/Marvel.

I swear to god, if this entire thing including Kindred himself is a ludicrously elaborate ruse by Mysterio I will lose my **** in a bizarre eruption of joy and rage.
    I really doubt that Kindred is Beck’s illusion, he can do too much stuff for that to happen. There have been hints that Kindred wants to take Mephisto’s place as ruler of Hell. Maybe just maybe Mephisto screwed up and made Kindred too powerful, so he is a threat to Mephisto himself. This, Peter gets out of the deal because he ends up saving Mephisto?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I really doubt that Kindred is Beck’s illusion, he can do too much stuff for that to happen. There have been hints that Kindred wants to take Mephisto’s place as ruler of Hell. Maybe just maybe Mephisto screwed up and made Kindred too powerful, so he is a threat to Mephisto himself. This, Peter gets out of the deal because he ends up saving Mephisto?
    Oh yeah, the Mysterio thing's very much tongue in cheek. I am somewhat fixated on the Chameleon thing, though. It doesn't seem to fit unless it is for someone else but Kindred made it sound like it was for himself.

I'm hoping Peter gets himself out of it rather than Dr Strange saving/fixing him. I think the Sinister War IS Strange/Mephisto's wager or they have a bet based on its outcome.

Either way, I'm pretty hooked to see how this all shakes out.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Now I'm reminded of The Gauntlet.

I guess this is as close to a Sinister 666 as we're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess this is as close to a Sinister 666 as we're going to get.
    Not what you were expecting but from around the same era...

"Oh my god, it's Mr. Negative, Freak, Paper Doll, Menace, Vin Gonzales and Extremist*! It's the BND Six!"

*yes, I had to look up his name. Remembered the look, though.

Astonishing Member

"Oh my god, it's Mr. Negative, Freak, Paper Doll, Menace, Vin Gonzales and Extremist*! It's the BND Six!"

Hmmn… this brings up memories (of a not-great era).

Freak was terrible.

I didn’t really like Paper Doll’s paparazzi storyline, but I liked the character. If that makes sense.

Mr Negative was and is still great. The only enduring BND era villain.

Vin was another cliched antagonistic jerk in the mold of Paul Stacy. Very boring and annoying. No depth to him. His cousin (or sister?) Michelle was a little better at least.

Menace AKA Lily Hollister was awful. Probably my least favorite Goblin rip-off (I even prefer Demogoblin).

Don’t remember Extremist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I rather liked the second Sinister War #2 issue.

As I said before, I don't want to burden Spencer with too much expectations or assume that he's able to do more than he would wish. So whether Sinister War is pushing for a big OMD reveal or not...let's wait for it to end and then just.

Sinister War #2 was a fun action issue of multiple factions colliding, it reminded me of Superior Foes of Spider-Man where multiple factions clash over each other.

I like Sinister War so far but issue #2 was not my favorite so far. I am not even sure why either.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

The only villain on this list who does not suck is Mr. Negative ( if he decided to use lame villains like Menace and Freak why not a quality villain like Kingsley?). Makes absolutely no sense.With Ana-Maria and the others popping up and Ben on the way, it is almost like Spencer feels the need to show every character who had multiple arcs in the 59 year history of Amazing Spider-Man directly or even indirectly with Captain Stacy. The only characters I can recall NOT showing up are Ben and Brock although they are coming), Kaine, Morbius, Michelle Gonzalez, Kingsley, Jackal, Cletus ( although he touched upon him briefly), and the thought scares me but I actually expect the Stacy Twins. For me this is overkill.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 08-09-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The only villain on this list who does not suck is Mr. Negative ( if he decided to use lame villains like Menace and Freak why not a quality villain like Kingsley?). Makes absolutely no sense.With Ana-Maria and the others popping up and Ben on the way, it is almost like Spencer feels the need to show every character who had multiple arcs in the 59 year history of Amazing Spider-Man directly or even indirectly with Captain Stacy. The only characters I can recall NOT showing up are Ben and Brock although they are coming), Kaine, Morbius, Michelle Gonzalez, Kingsley, Jackal, Cletus ( although he touched upon him briefly), and the thought scares me but I actually expect the Stacy Twins. For me this is overkill.
    If the twins show it'll be for the retcon which I'm all for.
    Probably will be chameleons.

The biggest thing I want to know is what the serum is that kindred wants, it seems big and we have no clue what it even is related to.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hmmn… this brings up memories (of a not-great era).
    The only villain on this list who does not suck is Mr. Negative (if he decided to use lame villains like Menace and Freak why not a quality villain like Kingsley?). Makes absolutely no sense.
    ...you both realise I was joking, right?