Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Threatening a bunch of supervillains like that might not have been a great idea. I expect this to play a role in Kindred's eventual defeat.
    I mean the guy is basically a God.It's like a human threatening a bunch of ants on top of the fact that he has kill and mind control switches in them.

I'm kind of over Kindred and OMD-bait.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean the guy is basically a God.It's like a human threatening a bunch of ants on top of the fact that he has kill and mind control switches in them.
    I guess that's the question... if Kindred is all-powerful, then how does he get defeated?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I guess that's the question... if Kindred is all-powerful, then how does he get defeated?
    I mean he can bring back people from the dead, has pretty insane mind-control and is smart and patient.
    I don't think he is all power-full though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of over Kindred and OMD-bait.
    Kindred I get but what bait, this arc has undeniable OMD proof.
    Last issue BND Harry was regaining memories of pre-OMD stuff .
    And everything else saying this is bait is highly unlikely

Kindred I get but what bait, this arc has undeniable OMD proof.
    Last issue BND Harry was regaining memories of pre-OMD stuff .
    And everything else saying this is bait is highly unlikely
    I just don't care. They've dragged it out too long. I just stopped caring by the time the last Kindred arc ended.

Astonishing Member

I mean he can bring back people from the dead, has pretty insane mind-control and is smart and patient.
    I don't think he is all power-full though
    Kindred probably gets defeated the way evil individuals either in the real world or in fiction often lose: Their own arrogance which causes them to make a mistake. Think about Goldfinger. Instead of torturing James Bond, he simply should have finished him off while he had the chance ( Harry will end up making the same mistake). In Marvel Otto and to a larger extent Victor von Doom are obvious examples of this kind of arrogance.

BANNED

Aside from Spidey getting stabbed, a whole lot of nothing in this issue. And as noted already, another issue where he doesn't even throw a punch. Yeeha Spencer's knocking it out of the park .....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Aside from Spidey getting stabbed, a whole lot of nothing in this issue. And as noted already, another issue where he doesn't even throw a punch. Yeeha Spencer's knocking it out of the park .....
    There is an old saying “Too many cooks can spoil the broth.” That is the problem with the Sinister War ( and one of the issues of Spencer’s run in general). I was looking forward to Peter versus Otto and 5 others but not double digit villains including D-Listers. It is like he is throwing you know what against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Incredible Member

I was going to say that we do not know for a fact that Kindred can bring back the dead… but I forgot about Sin-Eater. My thought was that kindred “killing” Peter all those times in his last arc was just smoke and mirrors the way Mysterio does things. I say that because we’ve seen Kindred attack the courtroom and the Beetle in that courtroom but it seems like only Mysterio saw that. As others have said, this has dragged too long and there area still no conclusive answers except “pay for your sins.” I’m over it.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    There is an old saying “Too many cooks can spoil the broth.” That is the problem with the Sinister War ( and one of the issues of Spencer’s run in general). I was looking forward to Peter versus Otto and 5 others but not double digit villains including D-Listers. It is like he is throwing you know what against the wall and hoping it sticks.
    I mean, I'd be fine with it if Peter was actually beating more of them.

I mean, I'd be fine with it if Peter was actually beating more of them.
    how many times did he beat the sinister 6 straight up in a brawl? Without any tricks/prep time or singling them out one by one?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how many times did he beat the sinister 6 straight up in a brawl? Without any tricks/prep time or singling them out one by one?
    Fair point, although I feel like with all these different villain groups he'd be able to at least hold his own against one of them if not the main Sinister Six led by Otto.

Extraordinary Member

I just don't care. They've dragged it out too long. I just stopped caring by the time the last Kindred arc ended.
    Fair enough, we are very close so I feel like any hope I lost is back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Spider-man beaten like 99 super-villains working together continuously across NYC in Marvel's Spider-man no prep.
    He has repeatedly taken out groups of 6+ metas with ease, 6 is no problem for him.