Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I hope you don’t seriously think GOTG and JW was successful because of CP. They could have put any of his contemporaries in these roles and gotten the same results.
    Pratt is the lead of Guardians so I'll say he contributed a big deal to it's success. I thought he was fine in JW. I'm sure the people were there for the dinosaurs on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't think its specifically to do with the CEO. She is going after Disney publicly . Not the CEO. There are people with a lot of power that won't forget.
    Still though, mending fences with past talent can be use as big flex.

BANNED

Let's suppose I am worth $100 million. I go to a Wells Fargo ATM at the mall and withdraw $100, but it only gives me $50. The receipt says I got $100. I complain to Wells Fargo and they say "Pandemic! Mall transactions are down around the world'! This is disappointing and distressing! " I file suit.

Is it the wrong time? If so, for what reason?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Still though, mending fences with past talent can be use as big flex.
    I said this before. She is currently having a baby soon. When she sat down with her lawyers, they probably had a frank convo. If you do this you are not working for these people in the near future for sure and probably not in the long future either. She had to say ok. She made that choice. Its one thing to have these talks behind the scenes. Its another thing for a major actress to sue a company like Disney out in public like this basically embarrassing them.

BANNED

I said this before. She is currently having a baby soon. When she sat down with her lawyers, they probably had a frank convo. If you do this you are not working for these people in the near future for sure and probably not in the long future either. She had to say ok. She made that choice. Its one thing to have these talks behind the scenes. Its another thing for a major actress to sue a company like Disney out in public like this basically embarrassing them.
    I imagine the conversation went more like

Lawyer: "This is a PR stunt, and it will cost you less than hiring a PR agency for the same amount of exposure."

ScarJo: "will I win?"

Lawyer: "yes, no matter how the court case case turns out, "

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I imagine the conversation went more like

Lawyer: "This is a PR stunt, and it will cost you less than hiring a PR agency for the same amount of exposure."

ScarJo: "will I win?"

Lawyer: "yes, no matter how the court case case turns out, "

I am telling you she isn't messing with a regular company here. She won't be working for them again. If you think she will be ok.

BANNED

I am telling you she isn't messing with a regular company here. She won't be working for them again. If you think she will be ok.
    No she's not, she's messing with a company that as far as I know is the largest entertainment business in history. Their first, only concern is to continue to be biggest. If that means ScarJo, then it will include ScarJo. I'm not saying it will, just pointing out that personal feelings are not a factor here. They never have been in Hollywood since the collapse of the studio system, as near as I can recall,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    No she's not, she's messing with a company that as far as I know is the largest entertainment business in history. Their first, only concern is to continue to be biggest. If that means ScarJo, then it will include ScarJo. I'm not saying it will, just pointing out that personal feelings are not a factor here. They never have been in Hollywood since the collapse of the studio system, as near as I can recall,

It won't include scarjo. Even for a cartoon voice over.

I never said never when it comes to stuff like this. Robin Williams had his issues with Disney when he voiced Genie in Aladdin. They managed to get him back for the final movie.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Disney isn’t Vince McMahon. The company cares only about the bottom line, not grudges.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I never said never when it comes to stuff like this. Robin Williams had his issues with Disney when he voiced Genie in Aladdin. They managed to get him back for the final movie.
    They literally fired Gunn, and will be working with him again.

A lawsuit?

I wouldn't bet my last buck on that actually being what ends any chances Disney would ever hire her again.

Astonishing Member

Did he sue them for 50 million dollar and have it announced in the press?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, Disney isn’t Vince McMahon. The company cares only about the bottom line, not grudges.

Ok. If you guys think so. Time will tell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    They literally fired Gunn, and will be working with him again.

A lawsuit?

I wouldn't bet my last buck on that actually being what ends any chances Disney would ever hire her again.
    Naaaa not so much a lawsuit. This lawsuit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I'm not saying you are foolish?

That is a seriously foolish assertion.
    Not even close to an accurate statement, lol