Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Oh I know there was a difference. That was just a reply about how all lawsuits have some purpose or are about justice. Trumps ( and others) were about intimidation and attempt to bully the system. And many people in different areas do the same thing.
    You stated its justice no matter who wins on a lawsuit. And then you said we all win when these lawsuits are rectified. No we don't. Maybe you meant this particular one as if the precedent applies to you. But I don't win anything if Disney wins this lawsuit. Or Scarjo. Its going to be justice for one or the other. People who file lawsuits can have good motives behind them or bad ones. This society is filled with people filing nonsense lawsuits who hurt society all the time. People getting bumped in cars, screaming they have broken backs. All types of personal lawsuits that cause stress to people for no reason other than they hate the person. You don't need probable cause to file a contract dispute. All you need is a lawyer who thinks he can get some money. My whole point of this is Scarjos lawyers decided to go ahead with this at this time. In a period where people are laid off, sick, with thousands in medical bills. Trying to survive. Family members dying. But she didn't get the movie released like she wanted to and she only got 20 million dollars that we know of. To me its like family members arguing with each other after the funeral of a loved one. Emotions are high. Both parties should have been smarter.
    So, there's this distinction of "all lawsuits have purpose or are about justice, " which I never said. I said this one does. Lots of ridiculous lawsuits are filed every day and does no one any good, including the former president's. I never even implied "all lawsuits" that I'm aware of,

ScarJo's lawyers went ahead with this at this time because they believe they have a case. I've already shown that whether they do or not, we all benefit from this action,

https://www.looktothestars.org/celeb...lett-johansson just FYI
    Last edited by green_garnish; 08-01-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    So, there's this distinction of "all lawsuits have purpose or are about justice, " which I never said. I said this one does. Lots of ridiculous lawsuits are filed every day and does no one any good, including the former president's. I never even implied "all lawsuits" that I'm aware of,

ScarJo's lawyers went ahead with this at this time because they believe they have a case. I've already shown that whether they do or not, we all benefit from this action,

https://www.looktothestars.org/celeb...lett-johansson just FYI
    Scarjos lawyers filed this lawsuit because they believe the can get some money. Thats why. Whether thats through a settlement or a win in the courts. We will see how this plays out. I am not naive. As I said I was a cop for 22 years. I have seen all types of lawsuits. And you know what attorneys use to do? File lawsuits for their clients, not because they thought they could win or their client was right. But because they thought the county will settle because it will cost more to take it to court than what we are asking. Well the county set precedent doing this for years. So the attorneys knew this. Then one day they woke up and said ok we are getting hammered here. We are going to fight these because when we win there will be less suits filed. I had a lady sue me for 60,000 dollars because I bumped into her at 2 mph in stop and go traffic. She claimed everything you can imagine after she was just fine after the accident. The county said this is nonsense. She got nothing. Her lawyer didn't give a crap. He was looking for money. He knew she was a liar. So the idea that there is justice either way is nonsense. This wasn't about justice. It was about money. And come to find out that lady who sued my dept? She had done the same to two other depts in different states. So when people lecture me about lawsuits and the validly of them I do take it kind of personal.

Her lawyers filed this lawsuit and thats fine. But this idea that lawyers only file suits because they think they can win is hilarious. Thats not how the real world works. There are games being played here by both sides.

BANNED

Scarjos lawyers filed this lawsuit because they believe the can get some money. Thats why. Whether thats through a settlement or a win in the courts. We will see how this plays out. I am not naive. As I said I was a cop for 22 years. I have seen all types of lawsuits. And you know what attorneys use to do? File lawsuits for their clients, not because they thought they could win or their client was right. But because they thought the county will settle because it will cost more to take it to court than what we are asking. Well the county set precedent doing this for years. So the attorneys knew this. Then one day they woke up and said ok we are getting hammered here. We are going to fight these because when we win there will be less suits filed. I had a lady sue me for 60,000 dollars because I bumped into her at 2 mph in stop and go traffic. She claimed everything you can imagine after she was just fine after the accident. The county said this is nonsense. She got nothing. Her lawyer didn't give a crap. He was looking for money. He knew she was a liar. So the idea that there is justice either way is nonsense. This wasn't about justice. It was about money. And come to find out that lady who sued my dept? She had done the same to two other depts in different states. So when people lecture me about lawsuits and the validly of them I do take it kind of personal.

Her lawyers filed this lawsuit and thats fine. But this idea that lawyers only file suits because they think they can win is hilarious. Thats not how the real world works. There are games being played here by both sides.
    I am sorry you take it personally, it certainly isn't meant that way. I am also sorry that a member of law enforcement has been so abused and seen such abuse by the legal system that they have lost faith in it.

ScarJo's lawyers are going to get some money. ScarJo herself believes she should get some money. There is a legitimate legal, contractual question to be settled here, which could impact hundreds or thousands of others (either individuals or companies) . This is not equivalent to a 2 MPH rear-ending, any more than it's equivalent to a co-worker of mine who fought a traffick ticket of running a stop sign, even though he admitted that he did it (but there was no one else around! )

Sorry I am not in the league that all lawsuits are good for society as a whole. Trump filed 70 of them to overturn the elections and all it did was help cause an insurrection. But heck a large part of the country thought those were all great. The only precedent that set was that you can file useless lawsuits and inspire civil insurrection.
    Politely?

"Apple..."/"Orange..."

Astonishing Member

I am sorry you take it personally, it certainly isn't meant that way. I am also sorry that a member of law enforcement has been so abused and seen such abuse by the legal system that they have lost faith in it.

ScarJo's lawyers are going to get some money. ScarJo herself believes she should get some money. There is a legitimate legal, contractual question to be settled here, which could impact hundreds or thousands of others (either individuals or companies) . This is not equivalent to a 2 MPH rear-ending, any more than it's equivalent to a co-worker of mine who fought a traffick ticket of running a stop sign, even though he admitted that he did it (but there was no one else around! )
    You don't have to feel sorry for me I am a big boy. Scarjos lawyers might win her some money but that doesnt mean they were right. Sometimes like my story companies pay out to make stories go way. And lawyers know this.

You don't have to feel sorry for me I am a big boy. Scarjos lawyers might win her some money but that doesnt mean they were right. Sometimes like my story companies pay out to make stories go way. And lawyers know this.
    Define "Right..."

BANNED

It's not really you I'm sorry for, in large part, TBH (but in some part, I certainly do. Seems like a very dark place for someone to live. ) A company like Disney, fighting a suit like this, is not likely to settle unless they know they will lose. Lawyers know this, too.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 08-01-2021 at 05:03 PM.

It's not really you I'm sorry for, in large part, TBH (but in some part, I certainly do. Seems like a very dark place for someone to live. ) A company like Disney, fighting a suit like this, is not likely to settle unless they know they will lose. Lawyers know this, too.
    This really goes double in the current climate where the pandemic may very well stick around long enough to be an issue again when it comes to this.

The only way Disney will avoid going to court to solidify how dual release will actually be dealt with legally?

It's if they know it will not break their way.

Astonishing Member

Really? And what do you base that on? And its not a dark place its reality. What do you mean a dark place? That lawyers are not always looking out for justice? I am fine green. I don't view things from a dark place or a light place. I don't place halos around actresses heads because I like their work on tv and think well they must be right and the big bad corporations must be wrong. I don't know why you think that Disney won't settle to make it go away. But I would find it pretty darn funny if they fought her tooth and nail. And ya know what they might just do that if they have a case. Because if she takes them to the cleaners on this then two hundred other actors will. So lets all watch.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

...why would it be a bad thing if 200 other actors went after better compensation too?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...why would it be a bad thing if 200 other actors went after better compensation too?
    Seriously...

I am completely lost on how "Labor..." are the bad guys here while "Management..." is totally the white knight looking out for the little guy/gal.

BANNED

I don't place halos around actresses heads because I like their work on tv and think well they must be right and the big bad corporations must be wrong.
    Have I not maintained in this entire discussion that whoever wins we all benefit?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seriously...

I am completely lost on how "Labor..." are the bad guys here while "Management..." is totally the white knight looking out for the little guy/gal.
    So labor is always the good guy? And thats we are at now calling scarjo labor. Is that how we are viewing things that labor is always right. I mean if this is the viewpoint then what is even the purpose of the debate. I just told you my dept filed contract disputes all the time. We lost of a lot of them. Were we right? Not according to the courts we weren't right. If labor was always right, then they would never lose a suit if the system was fair. This stuff isn't black and white.

Astonishing Member

Have I not maintained in this entire discussion that whoever wins we all benefit?

Who benefits if Disney wins? How do I benefit from that? How do you benefit from that?

So labor is always the good guy? And thats we are at now calling scarjo labor. Is that how we are viewing things that labor is always right. I mean if this is the viewpoint then what is even the purpose of the debate. I just told you my dept filed contract disputes all the time. We lost of a lot of them. Were we right? Not according to the courts we weren't right. If labor was always right, then they would never lose a suit if the system was fair. This stuff isn't black and white.
    I'm seriously going to need some concrete instances of when labor were indeed not the good guys.

As for the lady in question?

Yes, she absolutely is "Labor..." Probably in a union and everything.