Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member Common Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    259

    Default The Matrix 4 (2021)

    Let me tell you why youíre here. You know something. What you know, you canít explain, but you feel it. You felt it your entire life. Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to this thread. It's the Matrix 4.




  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    I hope they lean even harder on the trans-experience subtext this time to further troll the Red Pill bros.

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member Common Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    259

    Default

    I hoped that the Wachowski siblings viewed all of Nostalgia Critic's criticisms of the Matrix Trilogy, took notes, and then used those notes to write a better sequel.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,601

    Default

    I'm guessing that somehow the Matrix might've had back-ups/"cloud saves" of Neo and Trinity somehow explaining how they're back at least in the Matrix (Have there been any pics of Keanu or Carrie on a non city street set at all?). Literal "ghosts in the machine" (not in the philosophical sense though). Also I think the Oracle's bodyguard in the sequels was implied to be a previous one, maybe that's what Neo is now, a once-human program.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,666

    Default

    Well, it's going to be nice to have the ol' circus back in town, whatever the movie's quality ends up to be.

    Let's hope for something real creative.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I hoped that the Wachowski siblings viewed all of Nostalgia Critic's criticisms of the Matrix Trilogy, took notes, and then used those notes to write a better sequel.
    According to the Wachowski's, this film is based on ideas they originally had for Reload. They've always maintained that Reload/Revolutions was heavily influenced by the studio heads and doesn't represent their true "vision" for the franchise. Whether that is true or just them back tracking remains to be seen. I don't see how there will be any less interference this time around vs 18 - 19 years ago.

  7. #7
    Fantastic Member Common Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    According to the Wachowski's, this film is based on ideas they originally had for Reload. They've always maintained that Reload/Revolutions was heavily influenced by the studio heads and doesn't represent their true "vision" for the franchise. Whether that is true or just them back tracking remains to be seen. I don't see how there will be any less interference this time around vs 18 - 19 years ago.
    So this is basically Matrix R̶e̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶ Rewritten the Movie?

    Either way, they should depower Neo in order to humanize him. None of this "Superman with a trenchcoat" shit.

    They need to make Neo vulnerable once again so we can feel his struggle in fight scenes.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Dr. Skeleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    I'm glad to see the Matrix back. Hopefully it'll be better than the last two movies.

  9. #9
    Fantastic Member Common Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Man, I cannot wait for this Matrix 4 trailer to drop.

    Should be any day now.

    I hope Neil Patrick Harris doesn't ruin this movie for me.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    the Matrix should have been a single film.

    the sequels were pretty dreadful films that had interesting set pieces.

    have absolutely no desire to see the Matrix 4. I would probably sooner watch James Cameron's "Avatar" sequels... and I hated "Avatar"!

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,542

    Default

    If the Wachowskis are doing it, it'll still be pointlessly pretentious and self-congratulatory without saying much.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    Clever little teaser for the upcoming trailer…:

    https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

    Choose your Reality.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Clever little teaser for the upcoming trailer…:

    https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

    Choose your Reality.
    Not bad. Looks like an awful lot of blue pills are going to be involved.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    He said I thought it was 7:43 PM, but then I checked my clock and it was 19:43 hours.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He said I thought it was 7:43 PM, but then I checked my clock and it was 19:43 hours.
    You must have taken the green pill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •