Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    $7 for a soda, $11 for a burger, $30 for a t shirt at the parks and your shocked?
    You really didn't catch the sarcasm there?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They still play fast and loose with copyright. Disney still takes stuff from Marvel and never credits the creators (just the notable ones).
    Think Big Hero 6 was separated from Marvel by the latter's request. Where there others?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I am amazed in this day and age that people still think they're a good company.
    Seeing how they own our collective childhoods, I'm not really surprised. I mean, I might be cynical about their practices, but I'm not going to lie; I'm still going to see their new movies and buy their videos and all that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The fact there is a cost makes her case stronger. They could have easily offered her a percentage of the premier access revenue to make up for what she lost in box office
    Exactly this.

For all we know because Disney is charging extra they could actually make more money from streaming than from the box office given the current circumstances.

We literally do not know but nonetheless Disney should have renegotiated with ScarJo instead of putting out dumb statements.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-03-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Think Big Hero 6 was separated from Marvel by the latter's request. Where there others?
    Alan Dean Foster, Neil Gaiman, Tess Gerritsen, Mary Robinette Kowal, and Chuck Wendig all got stiffed and/or no credits for Disney and Disney/Marvel or Disney Adjacent Marvel work.

They formed a "task force" to help the lesser known creatives get their paydays and royalties.

I guess of lot of the Marvel adjacent Star Wars Disney is where most of the thievery/lack of acknowledgment is coming from right now. Buffy, Spider-Man, & Angel being the next largest grouping of both.

https://www.writersmustbepaid.org/

Recently, they did not credit Brubaker on Falcon and the Winter Solider. They still have yet to credit Steve Epting and Brubaker on creating Winter Solider.

Ta-Nehisi Coates brought that one up again recently.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-03-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

We all know Disney is a ruthless company, but they did finance the movie and paid all the P&I. Shouldn’t they have the right to handle the movie as they see fit?

Contract is a contract.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Contract is a contract.
    Unfortunately with slick and high price lawyers it doesn’t always turnout that way.

Astonishing Member

Compromise settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    We all know Disney is a ruthless company, but they did finance the movie and paid all the P&I. Shouldn’t they have the right to handle the movie as they see fit?
    Short response NO

You buy a car and wrote a contract promising half of the money at reciving the vehicle and other half 30 days latter. The car is not fully yours, until you pays the full cost, so there are things you can't do whit it even if it is "yours". You can't change the contract once you have the car, and then accuse those wanting their money of being greedy.

A ton of artists worked hard on that movie and lost money because Disney. While Disney didn't lost a cent because streming where all money get for them.

Now add that she is a producer of that film so actually put money on it didn't even was totally financied and paid by Disney.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Short response NO

You buy a car and wrote a contract promising half of the money at reciving the vehicle and other half 30 days latter. The car is not fully yours, until you pays the full cost, so there are things you can't do whit it even if it is "yours". You can't change the contract once you have the car, and then accuse those wanting their money of being greedy.

A ton of artists worked hard on that movie and lost money because Disney. While Disney didn't lost a cent because streming where all money get for them.

Now add that she is a producer of that film so actually put money on it didn't even was totally financied and paid by Disney.
    I see what you are saying, but with contracts there is always loopholes that high price attorneys can exploit to there advantages.
    If it goes to trial, she would have a better chance with a jury trial, rather than a ruling by a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Not once a contract says "You no longer have the right to handle this as you see fit..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not once a contract says "You no longer have the right to handle this as you see fit..."
    I wish it was that simple.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The battle of the century! (Is a pandemic) "force majeure" vs (What constitutes a) "wide theatrical release"
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

This article is really saying nothing, just speculation.
    No quotes from Iger, Chapek and Feige.