Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    If this is correct she's gonna have a really hard time. But she's already made an estimated 75 mil off her work in the mcu. I think she'll be okay.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...he-have-a-case
    Where in that piece do I find the part that indicates that she is going to have a really hard time?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    In the end its millionaires arguing with billionaires.
    Exactly what I thought.

Astonishing Member

If this is correct she's gonna have a really hard time. But she's already made an estimated 75 mil off her work in the mcu. I think she'll be okay.
    From there perspective, Disney alr made billions off marvel franchise, they too should be ok

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Exactly what I thought.
    Not a productive point of view. If Scarlett can fight and win this that could be a path forward for many other content creators Disney has screwed over worth much less than her.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Not a productive point of view. If Scarlett can fight and win this that could be a path forward for many other content creators Disney has screwed over worth much less than her.
    If that was the case all the ppl involved in Pixar movies released on D+ would have sued. ScarJo suit is not going to court and hopefully Disney+ will not open themselves up to these kind of suits ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    If that was the case all the ppl involved in Pixar movies released on D+ would have sued.
    Contracts aren't universal. Each one is negotiated differently.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Sounds like she should have sued Marvel. Her contract is with Marvel, not Disney. Even though Disney owns Marvel, it’s a subsidiary and act as an independent company. She would have to prove Disney ordered Marvel to do the same day release. This will be hard to prove, because she would need Marvel’s employees to testify against Disney.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Sounds like she should have sued Marvel. Her contract is with Marvel, not Disney. Even though Disney owns Marvel, it’s a subsidiary and act as an independent company. She would have to prove Disney ordered Marvel to do the same day release. This will be hard to prove, because she would need Marvel’s employees to testify against Disney.
    I want to liken this situation to Legendary-WB dispute over Godzilla Vs Kong but they really aren't the same the only difference here is Marvel would have had to be an active participant in this suit. She doesn't have to prove anything in regards to Disney ordering Marvel because i'm guessing since Marvel financed the movie they could have stopped plans to release the movie on D+ but they didn't. Their inaction in all this shows they really have no power in the decision making of how movies are released.

Yah, typically a subsidiary would just be treated as an asset by the parent company, and would be individually liable. But this is where the contract itself and the wording comes into play. Its quite possible her contract was with Disney and Marvel, in which case both would be liable for breaches. And then do you go after the subsidiary or the parent company?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Where in that piece do I find the part that indicates that she is going to have a really hard time?
    Start at the paragraph that begins with "To prevail under California law".

Astonishing Member

She is the only one suing Disney for this. Either she is the only one who feels she got ripped off, or she is the only one who got ripped off, or she is the only one who is interested in the fight.

The way other big actors probably look at this issue right now is ok maybe I got hosed. But Disney is massive and I want to work with them again, so next time I will get a better contract.

I have a feeling Scarjo isn't really interested in working with Disney anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah It's def looking like Disney has an edge here.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    She is the only one suing Disney for this. Either she is the only one who feels she got ripped off, or she is the only one who got ripped off, or she is the only one who is interested in the fight.

The way other big actors probably look at this issue right now is ok maybe I got hosed. But Disney is massive and I want to work with them again, so next time I will get a better contract.

I have a feeling Scarjo isn't really interested in working with Disney anymore.
    She was going to produce the new Tower of Terror movie for Disney.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    She was going to produce the new Tower of Terror movie for Disney.

Well I doubt anymore.

Start at the paragraph that begins with "To prevail under California law".
    I have and still don't see anything that implies it. Did you read his prediction?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.