Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Which has nothing to do with the central claim of the contact being broken; that Disney was required to make a new deal when things changed and chose not to.
    Yeah...

Unless that contract has a "Fooled You!!!!..." built into it?

This is most likely something along the lines of Apple saying that you void the warranty on an IPhone when you have it repaired by a third party.

Disney is essentially taking their IPhone to a third party repair person.

No matter how well they can explain exactly how completely it's IPhone was broken?

They voided the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Eh. Possibly but she kept on going back to work for them like 10 times. According to IMBD she got paid 20 million for Age Of Ultron, 6 million for avengers, 35+ million for Endgame, and 20 million for BW. Hey I mean its all relative right. I mean thats just on those four movies lol
    Can I Sue her for the $11 I wasted seeing GiTS? As for the insurmountable emotional damage it caused?
    GrindrStone(D)

Funny that movies are coming out again, but what really gets people exercised is a millionaire star's money men and corporation's money men arguing over a percentage in public. Shame no-one seems to care this much about all the novelisation authors Disney cut out of their contractual royalities, eh?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Funny that movies are coming out again, but what really gets people exercised is a millionaire star's money men and corporation's money men arguing over a percentage in public. Shame no-one seems to care this much about all the novelisation authors Disney cut out of their contractual royalities, eh?
    Supposedly those are being settled, or at least Forester's are.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The only thing I can think of why she made this decision is that Disney has been ripping her off for years and she finally had enough.
    She was rip off for one movie and that's what she's suing for. There's no years here

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She was rip off for one movie and that's what she's suing for. There's no years here

Yup they have paid her at least 100 million dollars. Probably more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Can I Sue her for the $11 I wasted seeing GiTS? As for the insurmountable emotional damage it caused?

LOL. Sorry which movie was GiTS?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

LOL. Sorry which movie was GiTS?
    Ghost in the Shell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ghost in the Shell.

Ahh ok I saw it. I think I didn't hate it lol. But to each their own.

I wonder how many people have backend deals. Personally I would be getting my money up front. But thats just me. I know that is 20/20 hindsight but nothing is set in stone in life and no one knows what is around the corner.
    $$$. She thought she'd get more money this way and, barring a global pandemic she probably would have.

Dwayne Johnson doesn't file a lawsuit, I wonder why that would be? Oh, maybe because he and his production company were given different options and they decided on this day and date release themselves. https://comicbook.com/movies/news/di...neous-release/

So a lawsuit against a decision he made by himself would probably have a snowball's chance in hell to even get to court, no?

Scarlett Johansson on the other hand, who was an executive producer on BW, wasn't asked which release option she'd prefer. Disney didn't even care about Kevin Feige's opinion who was clearly against the day and date release, and just ignored everyone who worked on the BW movie and did what they wanted.

Eh. Possibly but she kept on going back to work for them like 10 times. According to IMBD she got paid 20 million for Age Of Ultron, 6 million for avengers, 35+ million for Endgame, and 20 million for BW. Hey I mean its all relative right. I mean thats just on those four movies lol
    You present these numbers as some sort of evidence for I don't even know what when all they actually show is that she's been underpaid. 6 million for the first Avengers and therefore the same as the two no-name Chrises is blatant sexism as she was a much bigger star (and still is; one could argue that she's the only one out of the OG 6 that actually was a star outside of the MCU movies for the last decade) heading into the movie.

Hemsworth was a handsome Aussie best known for being for ten minutes in Star Trek. Evans was best known for playing Johnny Storm in two garbage F4 movies. Compare that to an actress that had four Golden Globe nominees at that point and had worked with Woody Allen, the Coens, Chris Nolan, and Sofia Coppola, among others.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if these discussions with Dwayne Johnson about "options" for the Jungle Cruise release even involved some financial compensation for him. He's male after all. I mean we are talking about an industry where an Oscar-nominated actress got paid 1.000 bucks for the same amount of reshoots her male co-star cashed 1.5 million in. https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-mark-wahlberg
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 08-02-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

You present these numbers as some sort of evidence for I don't even know what when all they actually show is that she's been underpaid. 6 million for the first Avengers and therefore the same as the two no-name Chrises is blatant sexism as she was a much bigger star (and still is; one could argue that she's the only one out of the OG 6 that actually was a star outside of the MCU movies for the last decade) heading into the movie.

Hemsworth was a handsome Aussie best known for being for ten minutes in Star Trek. Evans was best known for playing Johnny Storm in two garbage F4 movies. Compare that to an actress that had four Golden Globe nominees at that point and had worked with Woody Allen, the Coens, Chris Nolan, and Sofia Coppola, among others.
    Didn't Scarjo wipe the map off the two Chrises in terms of payment for Ultron? For AOU she made 20M while Evans made 6.9 and Hemsworth 5.4M https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/heres-ho...004134123.html. She made more than them for the first Avengers as well https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Aven...een-37450.html.

Awards and nominations for people does not equate box office appeal.
    Last edited by Colossus1980; 08-02-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I thought ScarJo was the highest paid among the OG cast (apart from Downey) for a while.

I'm not sure they still collect as much as her (i.e basic salary).

BANNED

According to her complaint she basically suing over the meaning of two words, wide vs exclusive. Disney advantage is these two words do not have to same meaning. ScarJo advantage is at the time the contract was signed there was no D+, so it was understood that wide also meant exclusive. The courts could rule in her favor because of the time the contract was signed. The court can also rule in Disney favor because of extenuating circumstances or rule wide wasn’t intended to mean exclusive.

I think the odd part of her complaint is she is suing because of the release date, because it a weak market. There are hundreds of films that as been released in this market and her movie will out sell all of them. Apparently that’s not good enough. Backend deals is gambling, because you betting on the future. Neither side knew at the time of the contract signing there would be a global pandemic. She gambled on the future and lose.
    Disney attempted to get the movie out numerous times in 2020 with theaters only, but couldn’t with the pandemic. The only viable option was to do a wide release with D+. This courts was decided if this is a violation of the contract.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-02-2021 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Didn't Scarjo wipe the map off the two Chrises in terms of payment for Ultron? For AOU she made 20M while Evans made 6.9 and Hemsworth 5.4M https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/heres-ho...004134123.html. She made more than them for the first Avengers as well https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Aven...een-37450.html.

Awards and nominations for people does not equate box office appeal.
    I think that’s why Evans wanted out. It was never a secret that Disney was underpaying him.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-02-2021 at 12:14 PM.