Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’ll repost again:
    Pratt joined two already popular franchises. Both franchises were popular before he came along.
    Proving... what exactly? That a new actor can breathe life into a franchise, in a business littered with examples where that failed miserably?

Also, GotG was not a franchise before Pratt joined it
    Last edited by green_garnish; 08-02-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I’ll repost again:
    Pratt joined two already popular franchises. Both franchises were popular before he came along.
    Fans expected Guardians to be Marvel's first box office failure because they took a chance in giving unproven characters a film. And it exceed expectations

Jurassic World was the first film in the franchise in 14 years after the third film left a sour taste in everyone's mouth. The fact that world became the success it was is a miracle

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    If Disney thinks ScarJo will make money and ScarJo wants to make money, they will work together again. Remember, this isn't personal. At this level it never is.
    No way she is working at Disney again. I will bet ya a internet beer on that. This was more than business. This was personal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    No way she is working at Disney again. I will bet ya a internet beer on that. This was more than business. This was personal.
    Fan reaction is personal. The parties involved are just going on about business.

Not saying her rewritten is a site thing. Depends on a lot of factors. Where she wants her career to go, what the role is, whether there's anyone Disney thinks will make more. But butt hurt is just not a factor at this level.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 08-02-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Fan reaction is personal. The parties involved are just going on about business.

Not saying her rewritten is a site thing. Depends on a lot of factors. Where she wants her career to go, what the role is, whether there's anyone Disney thinks will make more. But butt hurt is just not a factor at this level.

Yes it is. She just publicly sued the largest movie company in the world. Disney doesn't forget. My guess is she doesnt care. But she isn't going to be up for any princess roles anytime soon.

I don't think this will end Scarlet career with Disney. All it takes is a change in management for things to reset.

BANNED

Yes it is. She just publicly sued the largest movie company in the world. Disney doesn't forget. My guess is she doesnt care. But she isn't going to be up for any princess roles anytime soon.
    I am guessing that if you believed you had a serious shot at making a billion dollars by paying 40 million dollars to that woman who rear ended you at 2 MPH, you would at least seriously consider it. If not, that's good on you, but corporations don't have that moral luxury and wouldn't abide by them if they did. They have a legal obligation to generate as much profit as they can. If stockholders believe the Corp is making decisions on personal reasons rather than to benefit the people who own the company... well, there's another lawsuit Disney will have to deal with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think this will end Scarlet career with Disney. All it takes is a change in management for things to reset.

Ehhhh. Maybe. This is a pretty big deal.

Astonishing Member

I am guessing that if you believed you had a serious shot at making a billion dollars by paying 40 million dollars to that woman who rear ended you at 2 MPH, you would at least seriously consider it. If not, that's good on you, but corporations don't have that moral luxury and wouldn't abide by them if they did. They have a legal obligation to generate as much profit as they can. If stockholders believe the Corp is making decisions on personal reasons rather than to benefit the people who own the company... well, there's another lawsuit Disney will have to deal with.

She won't be working there. There are other actresses who they will hire. What people always make the mistake in every field is they think they are something special. There is a new face, a new star right around the corner.

BANNED

Fans expected Guardians to be Marvel's first box office failure because they took a chance in giving unproven characters a film. And it exceed expectations

Jurassic World was the first film in the franchise in 14 years after the third film left a sour taste in everyone's mouth. The fact that world became the success it was is a miracle
    I hope you don’t seriously think GOTG and JW was successful because of CP. They could have put any of his contemporaries in these roles and gotten the same results.

I hope you don’t seriously think GOTG and JW was successful because of CP. They could have put any of his contemporaries in these roles and gotten the same results.
    While I'm not saying you are foolish?

That is a seriously foolish assertion.

She won't be working there. There are other actresses who they will hire. What people always make the mistake in every field is they think they are something special. There is a new face, a new star right around the corner.
    That no one in their right mind is going to sink a bunch of money into until they are a proven draw.

Nothing is ever a bigger deal than making money.

I don't see why the next CEO would maintain the grudges of the man who preceded him.

Astonishing Member

I don't see why the next CEO would maintain the grudges of the man who preceded him.

I don't think its specifically to do with the CEO. She is going after Disney publicly . Not the CEO. There are people with a lot of power that won't forget.