Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Her representatives are saying she was estimated to earn $70m from this had it gone to theatres first. So there must have been tracking/projections on just how much this film could have made. But the film was already delayed significantly. The more a film is delayed the less you stand to make.

In saying that, I think the thing that will come from this is clauses in actors contracts moving forward that covers streaming. I think WB is the only studio (to my knowledge) who actually made a effort to look after actors if their film ended up on streaming. When WW1984 got released via streaming, they went back and paid Gal Gadot a extra $13-14m on top of her salary and back end as a result.

I honestly don't know how anyone can make projections in a pandemic situation like this. To me there was no good time to release this. If they tried to release it last April it would have even done worse than now. I mean I am sure ScarJO didn't want that. Disney was right giving its consumers a choice in how to watch this film. How they handled the contract issue I don't really know. Thats above my pay grade.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I honestly don't know how anyone can make projections in a pandemic situation like this. To me there was no good time to release this. If they tried to release it last April it would have even done worse than now. I mean I am sure ScarJO didn't want that. Disney was right giving its consumers a choice in how to watch this film. How they handled the contract issue I don't really know. Thats above my pay grade.
    You're conflating issues again.
    This has nothing to do about consumer choices, but contract obligations.

If Disney had felt that it was better to release both theatrically and day and date the correct way to do that would have been to go to the table and make a settlement before hand with those contractually involved...but because they did not they are being sued.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You're conflating issues again.
    This has nothing to do about consumer choices, but contract obligations.

If Disney had felt that it was better to release both theatrically and day and date the correct way to do that would have been to go to the table and make a settlement before hand with those contractually involved...but because they did not they are being sued.
    You keep acting like you know all the details of this contract. You don't. Taking sides on this is stupid. Let it play out in court.

You keep acting like you know all the details of this contract. You don't. Taking sides on this is stupid. Let it play out in court.
    I'm the one being objective here...I fully believe it should play out in court or better yet should have been handled through arbitration before it was streamed.

You on the hand are letting your emotions on what is "best" for the consumer color your view of the issue...which aside from being incredibly subjective also has the added negative of having nothing to do with the case what so ever.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-01-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm the one being objective here...I fully believe it should play out in court or better yet should have been handled through arbitration before it was streamed.

You on the hand are letting your emotions on what is best for the consumer color your view of the issue...which aside from being incredibly subjective also has the added negative of having nothing to do with the case what so ever.

My issue isn't with her suing. I personally think its bad timing to be suing for something like this in the middle of a pandemic. I don't think there was a statue of limitations on this. I think its awful PR for everyone involved including her, that you are arguing over millions of dollars in the middle of a freaking pandemic when millions of people are dying and you are mad that the company didn't just release it in theaters or give you more than 20 million dollars. That is my position. There is a time and a place. This isn't it. She is floating around on a yacht right now filing lawsuits to get more money when people are having tubes shoved down their throat.

She can sue for whatever she wants. She could be right I don't think so but she could be. My problem is this isn't the time or place for millionares to be arguing with billionaires. Both Disney and her and her lawyers should have taken a step back and acted like adults. Instead of airing dirty laundry into an environment that is currently dealing with real tragedy.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 08-01-2021 at 10:32 AM.

My issue isn't with her suing. I personally think its bad timing to be suing for something like this in the middle of a pandemic. I don't think there was a statue of limitations on this. I think its awful PR for everyone involved including her, that you are arguing over millions of dollars in the middle of a freaking pandemic when millions of people are dying and you are mad that the company didn't just release it in theaters or give you more than 20 million dollars. That is my position. There is a time and a place. This isn't it. She is floating around on a yacht right now filing lawsuits to get more money when people are having tubes shoved down their throat.

She can sue for whatever she wants. She could be right I don't think so but she could be. My problem is this set the time or place for millionares to be arguing with billionaires. Both Disney and her and her lawyers should have taken a step back and acted like adults. Instead of airing dirty laundry into an environment that is currently dealing with real tragedy.
    So just more subjective points that have nothing to do with the issue? Gotcha, carry on with that then.

Astonishing Member

So just more subjective points that have nothing to do with the issue? Gotcha, carry on with that then.
    Your condecending comments are not funny Mr. Spock. Again, she can sue. She could be in the right. My point was never that she couldn't be right. My point was in my opinion this battle isn't good for anyone. But you come on here and act like you are her lawyer and you know she is right. No one knows that. Anyone can file a law suit. And just cause you watch her in the movies doesn't mean she is right and Disney is wrong.

Your condecending comments are not funny Mr. Spock. Again, she can sue. She could be in the right. My point was never that she couldn't be right. My point was in my opinion this battle isn't good for anyone. But you come on here and act like you are her lawyer and you know she is right. No one knows that. Anyone can file a law suit. And just cause you watch her in the movies doesn't mean she is right and Disney is wrong.
    It's not condescending to state that you simply aren't sticking to the subject at hand. And that last bit is a flat fact and all my posts with you have been me trying repeatedly to gently get you to see that what you are discussing and what the topic at hand is are two completely separate matters. All my post above was saying was that if you wish to continue having your own argument with yourself about points that aren't relevant to the subject at hand or what any one else here in the thread is talking about be my guest, carry on doing that.

As for what you've added here? Who are you to say what is and isn't good for anyone? Further, what objective evidence do you have to back your opinion ?

And if it's just a matter of what you feel? What does something like that have to do with a question of legality? And that's all this subject is, what is and isn't legal. Anything more than that is just conflating a completely unrelated topic with the discussion at hand as I said above.

And if after this you still don't get that? Then I guess the discussion is over.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-01-2021 at 11:04 AM.

She can sue for whatever she wants. She could be right I don't think so but she could be. My problem is this isn't the time or place for millionares to be arguing with billionaires. Both Disney and her and her lawyers should have taken a step back and acted like adults. Instead of airing dirty laundry into an environment that is currently dealing with real tragedy.
    It's funny that you condemn a rich actress for standing in for her rights "because of pAnDeMiC" while at the same time defending a company that demonstrated that it doesn't give a **** about the pandemic when it applied pressure on the state of California to ease covid restrictions so they could open Disneyland and their other theme parks, thus letting people spread the virus there.

And you know that Disney didn't donate the money they withhold from Scarlett to victims of the pandemic? Bob Chapek and his friends put it in their own pockets by receiving large bonuses because of their pushing of Disney+, what makes your one-sided jealousy rants even more pointless.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    It's funny that you condemn a rich actress for standing in for her rights "because of pAnDeMiC" while at the same time defending a company that demonstrated that it doesn't give a **** about the pandemic when it applied pressure on the state of California to ease covid restrictions so they could open Disneyland and their other theme parks, thus letting people spread the virus there.

And you know that Disney didn't donate the money they withhold from Scarlett to victims of the pandemic? Bob Chapek and his friends put it in their own pockets by receiving large bonuses because of their pushing of Disney+, what makes your one-sided jealousy rants even more pointless.
    If you have read my posts I have condemned both sides. They both should have sat down like adults in a very tragic time. Not aired dirty laundry in public during a pandemic. I am not taking the side of Disney. My point was ScarJo and her lawyers could have filed this law suit next year. She isn't hurting. If there is a point to be made on these issues it isn't now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Jared Leto is probably the poster child of that in regards to Suicide Squad.
    Can we not say the same for Scar Jo in Black Widow? if anyone here still has not seen the film and I dont know how to talk of the film without spoiling, but let me just say. Scar Jo is the perfect example of a typical a list Hollywood actress. there is scar jo the ''actress'' in a MCU film and Scar Jo the actress in indie smaller films. I am by no means saying she is awful in the film, infact it was her and Yelena that made the films watchable but Scar Jo knows her genres.

I really would not be surprised if she only truly did the black widow all for the money, unlike Rourke who really went into Iron Man 2, wanting it to be his next Wrestler.

If you have read my posts I have condemned both sides. They both should have sat down like adults in a very tragic time. Not aired dirty laundry in public during a pandemic. I am not taking the side of Disney. My point was ScarJo and her lawyers could have filed this law suit next year. She isn't hurting. If there is a point to be made on these issues it isn't now.
    Why isn't the time now?

If that's your opinion then you having a go at Scarlett is even more puzzling. Her lawyers reached out to Disney directly after the day and date decision and wanted to negotiate a compensation behind closed doors. Disney ignored them to this day and so they filed a lawsuit now. So if the public dirty laundry bothers you then you should point your fingers at Disney first because they had it in their hands to end this before it even began by just negotiating a compensation, which is by the way common practice, as can be seen with Warner and Gal Gadot reaching such an agreement.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    If that's your opinion then you having a go at Scarlett is even more puzzling. Her lawyers reached out to Disney directly after the day and date decision and wanted to negotiate a compensation behind closed doors. Disney ignored them to this day and so they filed a lawsuit now. So if the public dirty laundry bothers you then you should point your fingers at Disney first because they had it in their hands to end this before it even began by just negotiating a compensation, which is by the way common practice, as can be seen with Warner and Gal Gadot reaching such an agreement.
    Thats what you are being told. Disney replied. Did you quote them. You believe what her lawyers are saying. Thats fine. I choose to wait. In the meantime I feel like it was a terrible time to file a lawsuit like this. So thats my opinion and if you don't like it oh well.