Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    How is she "delusional" if Disney didn't hold up their end of the agreement? That's the point of the suit.
    I think the delusional part might come from her ask. Her ask might be too high, but that doesn't mean she should get nothing because of it too.

She asked for 50 million and according to Deadline sources she now got more than 40 million from Disney. So much for her being delusional.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/disney-...nt-1234847437/
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

ScarJo’s round at the bar next, I reckon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Scarlett Johansson and Disney Settle ‘Black Widow’ Pay Lawsuit

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...ed-1235078355/
    LOL as predicted on another thread, I trust it was a discussion about Dennis Villeneuve Arrival, that Scar Jo will still earn more than Arrival movie's budget, just to give the magnitude of how much of a cash cow, this Disney movies are, to these actors, Happy for Scar Jo though since she seems to be one of the more down to earth realist kind of celebrity in Hollywood, Although I wished the quality of Black Widow's movie was artistically worth such a pay out.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    She asked for 50 million and according to Deadline sources she now got more than 40 million from Disney. So much for her being delusional.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/disney-...nt-1234847437/
    Yeah, she must have had a terrible claim...
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    LOL as predicted on another thread, I trust it was a discussion about Dennis Villeneuve Arrival, that Scar Jo will still earn more than Arrival movie's budget, just to give the magnitude of how much of a cash cow, this Disney movies are, to these actors, Happy for Scar Jo though since she seems to be one of the more down to earth realist kind of celebrity in Hollywood, Although I wished the quality of Black Widow's movie was artistically worth such a pay out.
    She plays the Hollywood game as well as most until they fucked with her money, then she took the Rat to the wall to straighten out his malfunction. This looked really bad for the Rat, so you just know that an NDA got thrown in there.

Amazing Member

"artistically worth such a payout" you are once again throwing around things that have nothing to do with what this is about. This was about a breach of contract. And even if not who is to say if something is "artistically worth such a payout"? that would just be a subjective opinion. But I gave up a long time ago about you getting the difference between subjective and objective.

What I find most interesting(to stay nice) about all of this are the people accusing her of Greed in all of this. Would they say the same if they get into a contract and the other party breaches it. I would be very surprised if that would be something totally different
    Last edited by Dunkelzahn; 10-01-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    "artistically worth such a payout" you are once again throwing around things that have nothing to do with what this is about. This was about a breach of contract. And even if not who is to say if something is "artistically worth such a payout"? that would just be a subjective opinion. But I gave up a long time ago about you getting the difference between subjective and objective.

What I find most interesting(to stay nice) about all of this are the people accusing her of Greed in all of this. Would they say the same if they get into a contract and the other party breaches it. I would be very surprised if that would be something totally different
    And let another chance to bash the MCU get away? Never!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My guess about this, and it is only a guess, is that it was a combination of the bad publicity, and some pushback from other talent that made them want this to go away.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My guess about this, and it is only a guess, is that it was a combination of the bad publicity, and some pushback from other talent that made them want this to go away.
    It's standard procedure for them, screw talent and then roll the dice on whether they have to pay out...and sadly a lot of times it's with much "smaller" talent and their roll pays off.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Fantastic Member

I think they were hedging their bets but now that Shang Chi turned a profit they can just pay her go away money.

LOL as predicted on another thread, I trust it was a discussion about Dennis Villeneuve Arrival, that Scar Jo will still earn more than Arrival movie's budget
    Imagine thinking they based a legal settlement on a six year old movie from a third-rate director that barely broke even at the box office.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

It's really baffling watching supposedly sane people go to bat for a billion dollar megacorp.
    Last edited by wjowski; 10-01-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    This was about a breach of contract. And even if not who is to say if something is "artistically worth such a payout"? that would just be a subjective opinion. But I gave up a long time ago about you getting the difference between subjective and objective.

Lost me at "As predicted..."

Looking at this, and honestly thinking you should get any kind of credit for "Predicting..." how things would go is about like wanting recognition for that you predicted that a baby would eventually poop in it's diaper.

Amazing Member

And let another chance to bash the MCU get away? Never!
    I dread the day the first trailer for Deadpool 3 is online or the MCU X-Men are announced.