Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Who benefits if Disney wins? How do I benefit from that? How do you benefit from that?
    You are goofing around, right?

Because you yourself have already laid out how you could stand to benefit from this in a possible future...

So labor is always the good guy? And thats we are at now calling scarjo labor. Is that how we are viewing things that labor is always right. I mean if this is the viewpoint then what is even the purpose of the debate. I just told you my dept filed contract disputes all the time. We lost of a lot of them. Were we right? Not according to the courts we weren't right. If labor was always right, then they would never lose a suit if the system was fair. This stuff isn't black and white.
    Sorta answered your own question there, didncha.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    It's justice no matter who wins. That's how justice usually (not always) works.

But let's suppose a hypothetical. Suppose Disney is found to have acted illegally in some fashion.

I will have considerably less than 1% when i die of what ScarJo will make from this one movie. Again, assuming Disney is found to have acted improperly and ScarJo wins, it assists in establishing legal precedent. That means that if my company behaves in a similar way, they can be held liable under that precedent. I don't have the money to file a suit to establish precedent, but ScarJo does. And I can benefit from the precedent her suit establishes because it won't cost me nearly as much to prove that the same violation of my contract.

Or let's suppose Disney wins, that means I save even more money, because I can be advised that courts have already found a case like mine is without merit and I won't bother,

We all win with this sort of clarifying lawsuit,
    Who benefits if Disney wins? How do I benefit from that? How do you benefit from that?
    Review this post.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'm seriously going to need some concrete instances of when labor were indeed not the good guys.

As for the lady in question?

Yes, she absolutely is "Labor..." Probably in a union and everything.
    Hey she is getting paid a lot more than the first grip there number thirty. She is in a union but not a union like mine. She isn't negotiating for the camera man. She is negotiating for herself. She isn't negotiating for anyone except her self. As did every other actor on that set. Scarjo didn't sit down and be like look I'm getting getting 20 million but I feel like my other actor brothers deserve that as well. Her lawyers filed this suit for her. Not for the rest of the actors in that movie. Or any other movie. Labor does stupid things to. I was in labor for years. They are not always right. Life doesn't work that way. For cripes sake I was in a cops union who use to defend a hole cops. That was labor number thirty.

Astonishing Member

Review this post.

What do you mean a case like yours? A movie being released during a pandemic, with same day streaming and a contract dispute based on hypothetical box office numbers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sorta answered your own question there, didncha.

I didnt answer my question. Not every contract suit filed by labor is right. At least according to the courts. Thats just a fact. The way I am see this here is win or lose in many of your eyes Scarjo is right. Because she is labor and its Disney.

BANNED

That means that if my company behaves in a similar way, they can be held liable under that precedent. I don't have the money to file a suit to establish precedent, but ScarJo does. And I can benefit from the precedent her suit establishes because it won't cost me nearly as much to prove that the same violation of my contract.

Or let's suppose Disney wins, that means I save even more money, because I can be advised that courts have already found a case like mine is without merit and I won't bother,
    What do you mean a case like yours? A movie being released during a pandemic, with same day streaming and a contract dispute based on hypothetical box office numbers?
    No, that's clearly not what I meant.

BANNED

I didnt answer my question. Not every contract suit filed by labor is right. At least according to the courts. Thats just a fact. The way I am see this here is win or lose in many of your eyes Scarjo is right. Because she is labor and its Disney.
    I am saying I don't know who is right but whoever is right, we all benefit. You seem to be insisting that means I think Disney is wrong. Why do you think that?

Astonishing Member

I am saying I don't know who is right but whoever is right, we all benefit. You seem to be insisting that means I think Disney is wrong. Why do you think that?
    Well then you are at least not bias and acting like Scarjo is right and we should defend labor at all costs. Thats fine by me. People acting like labor is sacrosanct and everything they do is justified haven't worked in the real world.

BANNED

She is getting the contractual cut from the box office, but what monetary value is she suing for? If she win the suit, who will figure out how much money she is owed? With box office in the pandemic being down, how is she going to prove D+ cut into the box office and by how much?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    She is getting the contractual cut from the box office, but what monetary value is she suing for? If she win the suit, who will figure out how much money she is owed? With box office in the pandemic being down, how is she going to prove D+ cut into the box office and by how much?

Who has even said Disney refused to sit down and negotiate with her? Her lawyer?

BANNED

Going off of centuries of legal precedent, I would expect the court to determine the appropriate damages to be compensated.

Astonishing Member

Basically the courts would have to decide how much she would have made if the movie was released only in theaters during a pandemic. And then somehow extrapolate that worldwide, even if movie theaters in many markets are barely open. I honestly don't know. Sounds like a nightmare.

Astonishing Member

She should get a cut from the 60M Disney said they made from Premier Access and an estimation of the illegal DL and illegal streaming sites that occurred because they decided to do this. But I don't think she should get anywhere near the 50M extra from backend deals because the box office was very subpar and if it was originally theatre only it still would have fallen short. I know Chicago Bastard gave a detailed post on why it fell short in the foreign markets but it can't even beat Godzilla Vs Kong yet. It might not even after it opens in China. That's pretty weak. Yup I enjoyed the movie and no I don't hate Scarjo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    She should get a cut from the 60M Disney said they made from Premier Access and an estimation of the illegal DL and illegal streaming sites that occurred because they decided to do this. But I don't think she should get anywhere near the 50M extra from backend deals because the box office was very subpar and if it was originally theatre only it still would have fallen short. I know Chicago Bastard gave a detailed post on why it fell short in the foreign markets but it can't even beat Godzilla Vs Kong yet. It might not even after it opens in China. That's pretty weak. Yup I enjoyed the movie and no I don't hate Scarjo.

I mean you could be right I don't know. How they would even begin to figure stuff out like that is beyond me. Like you said you have Disney Plus releases, in certain countries, like Chicago bastard said some movie chains in European countries didn't show in solidarity, it hasn't opened in China, there is a pandemic, other people from Canada and Australia on these boards have said movie theaters are barely open in their countries. Good luck.