Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Well, if you listen to their audio commentaries for the MCU movies they did they mention more than once that they are comic fans.
    Sure, and they decided to move on from working on comic book properties all the same. I'm just saying that I never expected them to come back to Marvel at all.

Spectacular Member

Video Description:

"Scarlett Johannsson and her team have painted Disney as an evil empire bent on using Black Widow and the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) for its own nefarious Disney Plus-related ends.

But with new information coming out regarding how her team conducted "negotiations", many more questions have been raised.

We're right there with you wishing for the world of 2019, Scarlett, but that doesn't make it so...in Virtual Legality."

Yeah... like I've been saying, her numbers are way off ($100 million is way too much, and 1.2 billion is crazy imo) and it would be on her to prove that.

In most law suits, you ask for much more than you expect to get. So starting with Captain Marvel box office numbers isn't a mistake for them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    In most law suits, you ask for much more than you expect to get. So starting with Captain Marvel box office numbers isn't a mistake for them.
    She ask for whatever she wants to ask for, but I'm just saying that her number is (in my opinion), completely off-base. And I think walking into a pandemic release expecting pre-pandemic performance of one of the top-grossing films in the franchise is also completely off base.

But yes, she can be wrong and ask for an undeserved amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    She ask for whatever she wants to ask for, but I'm just saying that her number is (in my opinion), completely off-base. And I think walking into a pandemic release expecting pre-pandemic performance of one of the top-grossing films in the franchise is also completely off base.

And Disney could have come back and offered something more in line with what would be expected in this environment without the streaming. It's called negotiations. But instead Disney, or Chapek to be specific, acted like an ass.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This has nothing to do with her expecting it to do pre-covid numbers, but rather that she was paid way under her market value as an actress with the understanding that she would make up the difference(and then some) on the back end. Her contract stipulated that she would agree to do the film for x amount of dollars( with x being a number well below market price for her talent) and that in exchange for that she would make y percentage of the back end profits and the complaint is that because of the pandemic there should have been a renegotiation to make her whole.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And Disney could have come back and offered something more in line with what would be expected in this environment without the streaming. It's called negotiations. But instead Disney, or Chapek to be specific, acted like an ass.
    Sure. My position has always been that Disney breached the contract, but I just find it incredulous that people act like ScarJo is like some pure-souled angel only in it for the fans and love of her art, wherein she's a actually hollywood multimillionare, who has hired lawyers that represent multimillionaires, probably exclusively and are likely millionaires themselves, trying to extort/negotiate for millions for her personal welfare.

I mean is she planning on donating it to the millions of people who are barely scraping by or something? When did the squabbling between millionaires becomes some cheesy Disney+ movie about the underdog?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This has nothing to do with her expecting it to do pre-covid numbers, but rather that she was paid way under her market value as an actress with the understanding that she would make up the difference(and then some) on the back end. Her contract stipulated that she would agree to do the film for x amount of dollars( with x being a number well below market price for her talent) and that in exchange for that she would make y percentage of the back end profits and the complaint is that because of the pandemic there should have been a renegotiation to make her whole.
    I dunno if I would call having a backend deal as being "paid under market value." Lol. Pretty sure they don't offer backend deals to extras.

Uh, no it exactly has to do with pre-covid expectation. In so far as that is where her team is getting her numbers, and that is what she is suing them for. You can't sue someone for failure to renegotiate. When you sue under a breach of contracts, you are alleging damages and she is apparently using her teams estimate of a pre-covid box office to come up with those estimates.

people act like ScarJo is like some pure-souled angel only in it for the fans and love of her art
    Literally nobody has done this lol That type of hyperbole comes off more like you have a personal issue with her.

She negotiated the original detail based on pre-COVID assumptions of how much she would make. Of course she's suing based on pre-COVID numbers. Had she known this would go directly to streaming in the middle of a global pandemic she would have negotiated her contract differently

The video poster last page talked about this. The cca head wanted to settle this BEFORE the lawsuit and lex luthor blew him off.

The high price was a start out price then they go down like pawn starts that many stars agents do. They talk the price down then both settle on a price. They never expected her to get that price. Trouble is lex had a chance to end this before it started and didn't bother to.

Funny how people are making "she asked for how much" videos attacking her when it is something most stars agents do also.

Its the job of a professional negotiator to start with an offer that is too high, but not so high that it leaves no room for negotiation. There is such a thing as negotiating in bad faith. The $100 million is not an example of that, its high but still leaves Disney with plenty of room.

Beginning to wonder how many posters on this thread actually work for Disney and are plants.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I dunno if I would call having a backend deal as being "paid under market value." Lol. Pretty sure they don't offer backend deals to extras.

Uh, no it exactly has to do with pre-covid expectation. In so far as that is where her team is getting her numbers, and that is what she is suing them for. You can't sue someone for failure to renegotiate. When you sue under a breach of contracts, you are alleging damages and she is apparently using her teams estimate of a pre-covid box office to come up with those estimates.
    She was in fact paid far less than she was worth, that's the whole point of having a back end deal; so the initial cost of production is less.

Astonishing Member

Sure. My position has always been that Disney breached the contract, but I just find it incredulous that people act like ScarJo is like some pure-souled angel only in it for the fans and love of her art, wherein she's a actually hollywood multimillionare, who has hired lawyers that represent multimillionaires, probably exclusively and are likely millionaires themselves, trying to extort/negotiate for millions for her personal welfare.

I mean is she planning on donating it to the millions of people who are barely scraping by or something? When did the squabbling between millionaires becomes some cheesy Disney+ movie about the underdog?
    My personal opinion? People feel like they have a connection with someone like ScarJo. Because they have been watching her in movies and following her career online and in magazines etc. They don't feel anything for a faceless CEO or corporation. The power of celebrity over people is way more than they ever admit. But you can see it with Trump, or the Kardashians or whatever. When they are watching these people on TV they are inviting them into their homes and they form a bond, where as 99 percent of the country has no idea who the Disney CEO is or what he looks like.

I mean an Alabama football coach with no political experience got elected to the senate. Everyone always claims oh these celebrities bla bla. But in reality people form psychological ties with them that really goes beyond logic.

When the public watches a marvel movie, or really any movie or tv show they connect with the actors or if they are a little more in to stuff maybe the director. But the public doesnt think boy I am glad x- corporation backed this or funded it. I really love the head of Sony Pictures or Paramount

Its basically the same thing as when you go on a flight. You might get really good service from the flight attendant. They might be great. But most people don't think man Delta or Southwest are just awesome. They formed a bond with that Flight attendant.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 09-09-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

She has a team of people to pay, who are also dependent on her salary and performance of the film. And are probably not millionaires.