Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Yep. The film was a box office hit and netted close to $500m. But it also had one of the best merchandising campaigns in history for a film (up there with Star Wars). Plus his name and likeness was on all the promotional material and merchandise too.

So yeah, he could have simply taken $10m and be done with it. But he wisely didn't and walked home with nearly 10x that.

I can see that in 89 with lots of unknowns about the film. And a tight budget. Totally. But to me in this day and age with a Marvel Film? Im asking for the money up front. They have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    You are talking about movies that opened during COVID right? Like F9, A Quiet Place 2, and GVK?
    Again, for starters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Rock is playing the field. The lost wages isn't worth destroying his relationship with Disney.
    And he understands there is a pandemic and a lot of people are uncomfortable going back to theaters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    And he understands there is a pandemic and a lot of people are uncomfortable going back to theaters.

Yep and he understands that going to war with Disney right now over some money when he has millions and millions of dollars when he could make money from Disney in the future, and work on a better contract isn't worth it. His lawyers gave him good advice and didn't fly off the handle.

BANNED

I think SrarJo got bad advice from her lawyers. Even if she has a good case, doesn’t mean it is worth it in the long run. Once you sue one studio, you might as well be suing them all. I bet there are many actors, directors, producers or anyone who works on films had has very good reasons to sue a studio, but decided that it wasn’t worth it.

Astonishing Member

I think SrarJo got bad advice from her lawyers. Even if she has a good case, doesn’t mean it is worth it in the long run. Once you sue one studio, you might as well be suing them all. I bet there are many actors, directors, producers or anyone who works on films had has very good reasons to sue a studio, but decided that it wasn’t worth it.

The sad part is I really enjoyed the movie. I know some didn't. But I did. And I thought she was great in it. Ahh well.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yep and he understands that going to war with Disney right now over some money when he has millions and millions of dollars when he could make money from Disney in the future, and work on a better contract isn't worth it. His lawyers gave him good advice and didn't fly off the handle.
    Most likely, no lawyer gave him an advice.

Because the contract he had was probably not breached to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.

Which is when one would actually file suit.

Like someone did here.

Astonishing Member

Why couldn't she just be like ok I think I got screwed here. But it won't happen again. How many times have we all been in that situation in life?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Most likely, no lawyer gave him an advice.

Because the contract he had was probably not breached to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.

Which is when one would actually file suit.

Like someone did here.

Most likely he isn't suing because he doesnt want to break a relationship with Disney that he knows could pay him a lot more money in the future than he could ever get from a lawsuit. Its called common sense. You live and you learn and you don't let them do it to it again. She just broke off a relationship with the biggest movie studio in the world, in which she could have walked in on the next contract and said ok here is what I want. But she went rouge. Well if she doesnt care if she won't ever be in another Disney movie then I don't either.

Win or lose she isn't working at Disney for the rest of her career. If thats what she wants then so be it.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 08-01-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Why couldn't she just be like ok I think I got screwed here. But it won't happen again. How many times have we all been in that situation in life?
    For starters...

Because she has it built into a contract.

Why in the world would someone just shrug and accept a raw deal when they had a contract?

Never mind that we are talking tens of millions of dollars.

Just walking away makes less than "Zero..." sense.

Most likely he isn't suing because he doesnt want to break a relationship with Disney that he knows could pay him a lot more money in the future than he could ever get from a lawsuit. Its called common sense. You live and you learn and you don't let them do it to it again. She just broke off a relationship with the biggest movie studio in the world, in which she could have walked in on the next contract and said ok here is what I want. But she went rouge. Well if she doesnt care if she won't ever be in another Disney movie then I don't either.

Win or lose she isn't working at Disney for the rest of her career. If thats what she wants then so be it.
    Yeah...

Because going back to work for a company that is trying to swindle her for tens of millions of dollars when she had a contract should be way up there on her list of things do do next.

BANNED

The only thing I can think of why she made this decision is that Disney has been ripping her off for years and she finally had enough.

Astonishing Member

The only thing I can think of why she made this decision is that Disney has been ripping her off for years and she finally had enough.

Eh. Possibly but she kept on going back to work for them like 10 times. According to IMBD she got paid 20 million for Age Of Ultron, 6 million for avengers, 35+ million for Endgame, and 20 million for BW. Hey I mean its all relative right. I mean thats just on those four movies lol
    Last edited by inisideguy; 08-01-2021 at 10:23 PM.

BANNED

Eh. Possibly but she kept on going back to work for them like 10 times. According to IMBD she got paid 20 million for Age Of Ultron, 6 million for avengers, 35+ million for Endgame, and 20 million for BW. Hey I mean its all relative right.
    That’s true.

Which has nothing to do with the central claim of the contact being broken; that Disney was required to make a new deal when things changed and chose not to.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)