Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I think that’s why Evans wanted out. It was never a secret that Disney was screwing him.
    Never thought about it that way. Maybe money was a factor. He could have felt slighted since his role was considered popular. Maybe he did feel under payed.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Didn't Scarjo wipe the map off the two Chrises in terms of payment for Ultron? For AOU she made 20M while Evans made 6.9 and Hemsworth 5.4M https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/heres-ho...004134123.html. She made more than them for the first Avengers as well https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Aven...een-37450.html.
    These numbers were apparently false as Variety reported in 2015. https://variety.com/2015/film/news/s...th-1201637789/

Variety is one of the two most reliable sources on Hollywood topic. The earlier numbers you linked were estimates that accounted for how it should have been in a world without a gender pay gap, as I said, she was a star whereas the Chrises were basically nobodies prior to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Awards and nominations for people does not equate box office appeal.
    Well, the Chrises had neither of the two. And they still don't have. Every theatrical movie Hemsworth made outside of the MCU was a total box office bomb. Evans has at least Knives Out but that was an ensemble movie with him only being the third-billed actor.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 08-02-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

According to her complaint she basically suing over the meaning of two words, wide vs exclusive. Disney advantage is these two words do not have to same meaning. ScarJo advantage is at the time the contract was signed there was no D+, so it was understood that wide also meant exclusive. The courts could rule in her favor because of the time the contract was signed. The court can also rule in Disney favor because of extenuating circumstances or rule wide wasn’t intended to mean exclusive.

I think the odd part of her complaint is she is suing because of the release date, because it a weak market. There are hundreds of films that as been released in this market and her movie will out sell all of them. Apparently that’s not good enough. Backend deals is gambling, because you betting on the future. Neither side knew at the time of the contract signing there would be a global pandemic. She gambled on the future and lose.
    Disney attempted to get the movie out numerous times in 2020 with theaters only, but couldn’t with the pandemic. The only viable option was to do a wide release with D+. This courts was decided if this is a violation of the contract.
    She and her lawyers are full of nonsense. No one else is filing lawsuits. She's on her own. Mostly I think she wanted a break and is having a baby and is looking for money. And probably doesn't want to act much anymore.

BANNED

I hate to say this, but the Chrises is still pretty much nobodies, include Pratt in this too.
    They were nobodies before the MCU and they will be nobodies after the MCU. Can’t say this about ScarJo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    She and her lawyers are full of nonsense. No one else is filing lawsuits. She's on her own. Mostly I think she wanted a break and is having a baby and is looking for money. And probably doesn't want to act much anymore.
    I think she has bad attorneys giving her bad advice.

Astonishing Member

I hate to say this, but the Chrises is still pretty much nobodies, include Pratt in this too.
    They were nobodies before the MCU and they will be nobodies after the MCU. Can’t say this about ScarJo.

I mean if you think about it there are very few super duper movie stars in this day and age where someone is always interested in their latest project. Less than 10?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Thought the same thing. Sarcastically speaking it's a fitting end to the treatment she got over more than ten years. Have one of the biggest actresses in the world under contract, wait ten years to give her a solo movie and when you finally give her a standalone feature screw her over. Geez, what a look for a studio that is bragging about gender equality all the time...
    I highly doubt the gender card is a factor here. Filming took place for Black Widow from May to October 2019. I say its safe to assume this contract was created and signed both by Disney and Scarlet while neither party was aware of the consequences of Covid. If the contract said the movie has to stay in theaters for at least 90 days then Scarlet has a case here from where I see it.

Personally I could care less about either party here. Its greed vs greed.

If Disney's Covid statement was genuine (which it isn't) I'd understand their point of view more (I know. This is a legal matter, not moral one).
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 08-02-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

I think she has bad attorneys giving her bad advice.

I mean thats where the debate is right? She is clearly never working for Disney again regardless how this turns out. How the other studios will look at this well who knows. Like I said she just threw a long pass because I have a feeling she doesnt want to work as much if at all. And thats ok if thats the case.

Pratt has the Jurassic World franchise though.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Damn! so let me get this straight, so, She made a movie and was promised as part of her payment a part of the income from the teatrical release, but Disney just release the movie direct to streming breaking the contract, so they get their money AND screw SJ!

And she is the one called "greed" and "selfish" for want the accorded and fair share of her income. Of course she wants her money, she alredy worked for it! They had an accord and is not justice break it (becuase they didn't want to loose money) and expect that she won't do anything to defend herself, would any one just shrug off like 50 millions? would anyone work hard for years with someone and when the project is finished, just accept not being pay the accorded becuase your partner didn't want to loose money and took most of the payment for himself?
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Pratt has the Jurassic World franchise though.
    To be more accurate, Pratt joined two already popular franchises. Both franchises were popular before he came along.

BANNED

I mean thats where the debate is right? She is clearly never working for Disney again regardless how this turns out. How the other studios will look at this well who knows. Like I said she just threw a long pass because I have a feeling she doesnt want to work as much if at all. And thats ok if thats the case.
    Probably true, maybe she just want to start a family with new hubby Colin

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Pratt went on to star in Jurassic World which crossed the billion dollar mark. You are bad at this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Pratt went on to star in Jurassic World which crossed the billion dollar mark. You are bad at this.
    I’ll repost again:
    Pratt joined two already popular franchises. Both franchises were popular before he came along.

BANNED

If Disney thinks ScarJo will make money and ScarJo wants to make money, they will work together again. Remember, this isn't personal. At this level it never is.