Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: X-MEN 2 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    As for Rhino, eh, I don’t see his presence as that big of a deal, he just robs banks and stuff, insignificant compared to the X-men’s current villains
    😂

It matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Rhino is also a villain rn.

I don't think Gerry communicated or even read or asked about them, just used them because he felt like it.

One misses the days when we had actual co-ordination between bigger titles.
    I don’t know about Black Cat, but Duggan is definitely aware of Rhino’s current villain status. A couple months ago he wrote Conan the Barbarian teaming up with Rhino to rob a bank and beat up Spider-man.

For the love of god, the whole point of the scene was that Gambit invited criminals into the X-Men's treehouse. Do you even read, bros?

Aaa i see the gambit slander by duggan has begone.

seeing this preview, I'm getting already bored by the book.....

Let's hope at least S.W.O.R.D. will stay amazing!!! I wished Pepe Larraz would do the art of a Ewing book...

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    For the love of god, the whole point of the scene was that Gambit invited criminals into the X-Men's treehouse. Do you even read, bros?
    Was that really "the whole point of the scene"? That's not what I deduced based on Rogue's statement: "Ah'm elected to Krakoa's X-Men team and can't have you inviting over the entire Bar with No Name to gamble in the basement of our headquarters!" She seems concerned with the gambling and with the fact that paparazzi will take photographs of known figures coming in and out of the Treehouse but makes no mention of Gambit inviting known criminals to HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    seeing this preview, I'm getting already bored by the book...
    Part of me felt the same when I saw these pages, but I reminded myself that only one issue of this series has been published and less than 25 percent of issue #2 has been released in previews. Still, I think I felt as you do because we haven't seen much substantial character interaction. Though I grew to love the first issue, most of it was expository, a good portion of it was dedicated to introducing villains, which is also the case with these latest previews, and the rest consisted of actions scenes.

Of the second issue previews we've seen so far, the page that intrigues me the most is the one centered on the private moment between Jean and Synch above Central Park, though I am also interested in the page which showcases Polaris working with Jean (could this be the circuit Duggan mentioned the two doing together?) and creating what appears to be a magnetic field. (Admittedly, my bias is showing, lol.) In either case, I think I will wait until at least issue #6 before I form an opinion on this series. I completely understand how you feel, though.

Here are the worldless previews that were released a few weeks back:

Last edited by Mercury; 07-30-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Was that really "the whole point of the scene"? That's not what I deduced based on Rogue's statement: "Ah'm elected to Krakoa's X-Men team and can't have you inviting over the entire Bar with No Name to gamble in the basement of our headquarters!" She seems concerned with the gambling and with the fact that paparazzi will take photographs of known figures coming in and out of the Treehouse but makes no mention of Gambit inviting known criminals to HQ.

Part of me felt the same when I saw these pages, but I reminded myself that only one issue of this series has been published and less than 25 percent of issue #2 has been released in previews. Still, I think I felt as you do because we haven't seen much substantial character interaction. Though I grew to love the first issue, most of it was expository, a good portion of it was dedicated to introducing villains, which is also the case with these latest previews, and the rest consisted of actions scenes.

Of the second issue previews we've seen so far, the page that intrigues me the most is the one centered on the private moment between Jean and Synch above Central Park, though I am also interested in the page which showcases Polaris working with Jean (could this be the circuit Duggan mentioned the two doing together?) and creating what appears to be a magnetic field. (Admittedly, my bias is showing, lol.) In either case, I think I will wait until at least issue #6 before I form an opinion on this series. I completely understand how you feel, though.

Here are the worldless previews that were released a few weeks back:

I'm also super intrigued by Jean's and Synch's training session. For sure. But those pages you have posted afterwards feel already like issue 1 AGAIN. Jean senses danger, city at risk, team flies into battle, Jean's does some communication shenanigans because telepathy is so much more useful than using actual spoken words...the end.

What’s up with that coffee mug anyway?

Aw, Gambit shaved for his game with Thing.

I love the Gambit scene. I miss the old days when the heroes had regular get together to play cards. Of course, in the old days, there’d be a caption saying “this takes place before Amazing Spider-Man #whatever”.. Looking forward to this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm also super intrigued by Jean's and Synch's training session. For sure. But those pages you have posted afterwards feel already like issue 1 AGAIN. Jean senses danger, city at risk, team flies into battle, Jean's does some communication shenanigans because telepathy is so much more useful than using actual spoken words...the end.
    It will be interesting to see what the overarching tone of this series will be. I don't mind fun and fights but both are better served with more than a soupçon of substantial character dynamics and development.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    What’s up with that coffee mug anyway?
    I love that little detail. It highlights Lorna's nonchalance in the face of adversity and overall badassery.

I thought it was SWORD's role to intervene in Inter galactic threats. But Rogue's funny and cute moment

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I love that little detail. It highlights Lorna's nonchalance in the face of adversity and overall badassery.
    Oh, so she is on the brink of her next personality crisis breakdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Oh, so she is on the brink of her next personality crisis breakdown?
    Good one; that was probably not the best word to use, lol. I should have written, "in the face of a fight."

One, this issue is beautiful, but that's to be expected at this point. These artists are truly gelling on a whole other level, its such a beautiful sight to see.
    Two, the card game scene is CHARMING. Its light hearted and intended to give a giggle. Remy inviting "criminals" over to play cards isn't exactly outlandish. If anything, the inclusion of Ben Grimm is what threw ME for a loop. Lest we forget, Remy IS a thief. Which qualifies as a crime. I say that as a Remy fan. So again, BEN's the oddball in this game to me. But I LOVE a a cameo moment, so I hope we see more stuff like this moving forward.
    Lastly, I of course echo the same sentiments regarding my anticipation and enthusiasm to see how the Jean & Ev scene shakes out.