Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: X-MEN 2 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It’s nice to see Rogue and Cyclops on a team together again. When was the last time? Feel like it’s been a while.

From Xmen Lagacy that Cyclops was a total bitch with Rogue, until she decided to leave Utopia and go with Logan. There Scott if he was with his tail between his legs asking to Rogue what will stay.

Rogue should be bitchy to Scott now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The last time I recall was during the Utopia era, right?
    It feels like starting with Morrison's run, the created core X-men teams never really felt complete again. Sure teams shifted around a lot before, that's normal and necessary to spice things up, but thinking back it can feel like while Claremont and his successors in the 90's always managed to eventualy assemble the "classic" core again and have characters interact like actual old friends, this became lost since the 2000's, increased after Decimiation and became worse after 2010s.

The inflation of characters who got the X-men status and were then metaphorical fighting for pannel time and relevance, certainly can't have helped to get the band back together more often.

So it's no suprise if one has to actualy look up when even classic X-men core team members where on the same team again.

Personaly i have some difficulties remembering teams since Decimation with the exception of Rogue's team under Mike Carey, the post-Decimination X-force, Uncanny X-force, PAD's X-factor and the first two Astonishing lineups and i followed these comics the past 15 years.
    Especialy since the 2010's it feels like a blur of meaningless short lived teams with stories that couldn't stick around.

Mighty Member

You know when Rogue was chosen to be in the X-men they could have written Gambit comes with her too but due to doing stuff like this they decide they can’t risk the bad press and mutually decide it’s better for him to stay on Excalibur better. Then we could have moments where Gambit tries to use headquarters ever so often for weird stuff and we never get backstory on what he’s doing. It’s like a one panel gag where he’s doing something random and everyone either tells him to get out or just rolls their eyes at his shenanigans. Best would be if they never acknowledge the backstory of what he is doing and it’s just a joke.

But maybe later down they line they could say all the one panel one offs were actually all part of a big plan to protect everyone or something

That's what was coming to mind for me too. Wow long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    From Xmen Lagacy that Cyclops was a total bitch with Rogue, until she decided to leave Utopia and go with Logan. There Scott if he was with his tail between his legs asking to Rogue what will stay.

Rogue should be bitchy to Scott now.
    Nah Rogue is better than that
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah, and even then they were not so much on a team together again as she was under his general command like almost every other mutant at the time. It has been a super long time since she was actually on a team with him and since she has been a regular cast member on the flagship book.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It feels like starting with Morrison's run, the created core X-men teams never really felt complete again. Sure teams shifted around a lot before, that's normal and necessary to spice things up, but thinking back it can feel like while Claremont and his successors in the 90's always managed to eventualy assemble the "classic" core again and have characters interact like actual old friends, this became lost since the 2000's, increased after Decimiation and became worse after 2010s.

The inflation of characters who got the X-men status and were then metaphorical fighting for pannel time and relevance, certainly can't have helped to get the band back together more often.

So it's no suprise if one has to actualy look up when even classic X-men core team members where on the same team again.

Personaly i have some difficulties remembering teams since Decimation with the exception of Rogue's team under Mike Carey, the post-Decimination X-force, Uncanny X-force, PAD's X-factor and the first two Astonishing lineups and i followed these comics the past 15 years.
    Especialy since the 2010's it feels like a blur of meaningless short lived teams with stories that couldn't stick around.
    Yeah, this pretty much sums it up perfectly. Especially the bolded portions. Very well put as always, Grunty(I always find your posts to be insightful and well thought out).
    Last edited by thjan; 07-31-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan;[URL="tel:5659102"
    5659102[/URL]]Yeah, and even then they were not so much on a team together again as she was under his general command like almost every other mutant at the time. It has been a super long time since she was actually on a team with him and since she has been a regular cast member on the flagship book.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up perfectly. Especially the bolded portions. Very well put as always, Grunty(I always find your posts to be insightful and well thought out).
    Sh!t you're right!
    GrindrStone(D)

Images released in Part 2 of X-Men Monday: Phil Noto Talks Art, ‘Cable,’ Bei the Blood Moon and More
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/02/x-...day-phil-noto/
    (the below images are obviously not Phil but it's a fun interview and we see new renderings of Bei without a helmet)

Last edited by JB; 08-02-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

lovelovelove
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Images released in Part 2 of X-Men Monday: Phil Noto Talks Art, ‘Cable,’ Bei the Blood Moon and More
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/02/x-...day-phil-noto/
    (the below images are obviously not Phil but it's a fun interview and we see new renderings of Bei without a helmet)

Arako's mutants are horrible lol there is not at least one with a normal appearance, I say they are mutants, but the mutants are human, not all of them must have noticeable physical deformations or seem strange things.

The Morlocks one of the reasons why they cannot pass for normal humans is because of their visible deformations from mutations, which seems to be 100% of Arako's mutants lol one uglier than the other.

Regarding the subject, Pepe's art is incredible, I love him hehee

Arako's mutants are horrible lol there is not at least one with a normal appearance, I say they are mutants, but the mutants are human, not all of them must have noticeable physical deformations or seem strange things.

The Morlocks one of the reasons why they cannot pass for normal humans is because of their visible deformations from mutations, which seems to be 100% of Arako's mutants lol one uglier than the other.

Regarding the subject, Pepe's art is incredible, I love him hehee
    Arakko is full of Daemon-Mutant hybrids that range from hundreds to thousands of years old.

To expect them all to look like baseline humans is silly. Did you read X of Swords?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Arakko is full of Daemon-Mutant hybrids that range from hundreds to thousands of years old.

To expect them all to look like baseline humans is silly. Did you read X of Swords?
    Yes, but Not all but at least a few might not be horrible to look at.

The point is, they are ALL extremely horrible.

lovelovelove
    I’m looking forward to seeing Laura and Rogue fighting together, cutting loose. Scott too.

Yes, but Not all but at least a few might not be horrible to look at.

The point is, they are ALL extremely horrible.
    Arakko has millions of mutants. Tell me what book you've seen them all in because I wanna know.

Also Bei and Sobunar are beautiful.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Isca and Genesis are also beauty-full.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Génesis. Lol 🤣 lol No, all three are pretty ugly.
    if you like deformed phenomena AHS is the series for you.

Bei looks like a Drag carrying steroids, and Isca looks like a trash can with a predator wig in short, Arako's mutants all I've seen are ugly.