Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 144

Thread: X-MEN 2 Preview

  1. #31
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    seeing this preview, I'm getting already bored by the book.....
    Did you find the first issue boring? Otherwise I don't know how these couple pages could be the breaking point.

  2. #32
    Ultimate Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Did you find the first issue boring? Otherwise I don't know how these couple pages could be the breaking point.
    Honestly, this entire issue could be "moments" between characters, like this one here, and I would offer up my little wooden bowl to Duggan and say "Please sir, can I have some more"

    Am I excited to see them fend off another alien attack? You betcha.
    Do I need it? Naw.
    I would ADORE seeing what their individual living quarters look like and if they each have a unique style or see what personal items they may have with them.

  3. #33
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Did you find the first issue boring? Otherwise I don't know how these couple pages could be the breaking point.
    It happens very often that a preview issue comes out and readers act like it's the end of the world and judge the rest of the series on it. This even happens when it's just a cover being released. Also, many readers want non-stop action and character moments often get labeled as boring!

    And people are shocked that Krakoans would associate with petty criminals?! Really!? This is the land that easily forgave Apocalypse and Selene, yet a bank robber is crossing the line for Gambit, a thief?

  4. #34
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ...I would offer up my little wooden bowl to Duggan and say "Please sir, can I have some more"...
    This is too cute, lol!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I would ADORE seeing what their individual living quarters look like and if they each have a unique style or see what personal items they may have with them.
    I would appreciate a focus on those details too. I would also love it if, at some point, Duggan explores how each member feels about Krakoa, the new team, and their personal life in general. I envision an issue opening with a page or two centered on each member waking up, their morning routine, and their private feelings and ruminations before jumping into action.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    It happens very often that a preview issue comes out and readers act like it's the end of the world and judge the rest of the series on it. This even happens when it's just a cover being released. Also, many readers want non-stop action and character moments often get labeled as boring!
    This is true. Anticipation can sometimes be a fan's and creators' worst enemy. I, for one, am practically pining for intimate and introspective character moments, both individually and between various team members. There are long, rich histories between some of these characters to plumb.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    And people are shocked that Krakoans would associate with petty criminals?! Really!? This is the land that easily forgave Apocalypse and Selene, yet a bank robber is crossing the line for Gambit, a thief?
    This is a very good point, lol.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,701

    Default

    this and especially hellions looks great. looking forward to it. I have to say i am glad the x-line is doing their part to show good relations between mutant and other heros and i hope they keep it up and it is shown on the other side as well. One panel or a page or two every once and awhile goes a long way to making it feel like a shared universe and makes it far more believable when other heroes "can't" show up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  6. #36
    Ultimate Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post



    I would appreciate a focus on those details too. I would also love it if, at some point, Duggan explores how each member feels about Krakoa, the new team, and their personal life in general. I envision an issue opening with a page or two centered on each member waking up, their morning routine, and their private feelings and ruminations before jumping into action.

    GASP. Dare to dream, right? Each member getting a page of their morning routine and some thought bubbles? Oh blessed be, gimme them thought bubbles!
    Perhaps Jean is curious how her BFF Storm is doing up on Mars.
    Perhaps Scott is ruminating -- not on strategies for once, but on some creative outlet he's taken up. Or maybe hoping that Alex and/or Nathan are doing well.
    Laura may be wondering what Gabby is up to.
    Polaris thinking about the Wanda of it all, and hoping her X-Factor team are finding success in their investigation.
    Ev maybe talking to Angelo about the tree house and their recent Mechsuit success.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    this and especially hellions looks great. looking forward to it. I have to say i am glad the x-line is doing their part to show good relations between mutant and other heros and i hope they keep it up and it is shown on the other side as well. One panel or a page or two every once and awhile goes a long way to making it feel like a shared universe and makes it far more believable when other heroes "can't" show up.
    Agreed. I'm thrilled to see these cameos and it bodes well for more of them throughout the series.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Was that really "the whole point of the scene"? That's not what I deduced based on Rogue's statement: "Ah'm elected to Krakoa's X-Men team and can't have you inviting over the entire Bar with No Name to gamble in the basement of our headquarters!" She seems concerned with the gambling and with the fact that paparazzi will take photographs of known figures coming in and out of the Treehouse but makes no mention of Gambit inviting known criminals to HQ.
    In Marvel comics, the Bar With No Name is an establishment known for being frequented by the criminal fraternity. It's not subtextual.

  9. #39
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    For the love of god, the whole point of the scene was that Gambit invited criminals into the X-Men's treehouse. Do you even read, bros?
    Ha. This made me laugh and is exactly what I was thinking.

  10. #40

    Default

    The first issue set such a high bar. Throwing a cute Rogue/Gambit moment in the second issue can only help raise it even more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  11. #41
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    In Marvel comics, the Bar With No Name is an establishment known for being frequented by the criminal fraternity. It's not subtextual.
    Shows you how much I know. Well, now your first comment makes total sense! lol.

  12. #42

    Default

    Yesssss Felicia making a cameo in the X-Books! Always love seeing her and fellow professional thief Gambit interact. They had some fun moments together back in the 90’s. Would love to see her and Remy work more together and for him to make a guest appearance in her current ongoing title.

    And of course the artwork is to utterly die for. I don’t think we are worthy of such astonishing interiors.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

  13. #43
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yesssss Felicia making a cameo in the X-Books! Always love seeing her and fellow professional thief Gambit interact. They had some fun moments together back in the 90’s. Would love to see her and Remy work more together and for him to make a guest appearance in her current ongoing title.

    And of course the artwork is to utterly die for. I don’t think we are worthy of such astonishing interiors.
    Can you tells us more about them in the 90's? Now I'm curious if they had a flirty relationship or a more sister/brother type of connection? Or were they ever rivals?

  14. #44
    Spectacular Member staptik777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If anything, the inclusion of Ben Grimm is what threw ME for a loop. Lest we forget, Remy IS a thief. Which qualifies as a crime. I say that as a Remy fan. So again, BEN's the oddball in this game to me. But I LOVE a a cameo moment, so I hope we see more stuff like this moving forward.
    I think this is a reference to a + x #6

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Can you tells us more about them in the 90's? Now I'm curious if they had a flirty relationship or a more sister/brother type of connection? Or were they ever rivals?
    Slightly flirty as Remy always is.

    Boop! Krakoa forever!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •