Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: X-MEN 2 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Gambit not being an X-Man is a technicality, he might not be on the current official team, but he's known as an X-Man. Besides, he and his poker buddies are in their treehouse. Black Cat is in a gray area, but isn't Rhino a confirmed killer? Like I said, it's not a big deal, but couldn't this joke have been told with different characters? I'm not gonna drop the book over this obviously.

I think you're right, but I also think the X-Men should be more concerned about these things beyond how it might make them look bad. I'm sure most people don't share that opinion.

Look, taking a step back, Marvel made the public at large look at Cyclops as a terrorist, so I guess this stuff doesn't matter anymore anyway.
    Scott should on paper be no longer more controversial then Rogue. There is more then one former terrorist on the cast. Actually there are several known killers and terrorists.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The P5 and the AvX ****-show and the fall-out are considered part of the "lost years"...nobody is interested in dredging up that garbage era. And rightly so.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I honestly forgot what Scott did at the end of AvX I guess I just put it under the "things characters do when possesed by dark phoenix" still he was send to jail for it and was almost killed there and was indeed during the era marvel wanted to ran a bus over the X-men franchise so it makes sense writers are not addressing that time now.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-31-2021 at 01:10 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Gambit not being an X-Man is a technicality, he might not be on the current official team, but he's known as an X-Man. Besides, he and his poker buddies are in their treehouse. Black Cat is in a gray area, but isn't Rhino a confirmed killer? Like I said, it's not a big deal, but couldn't this joke have been told with different characters? I'm not gonna drop the book over this obviously.
    That's literally the point of the scene... Rogue kicking them out. I don't understand why everything has to be a controversy in these threads. Like did anyone's enjoyment really change because Rhino was in a single panel?

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Scott should on paper be no longer more controversial then Rogue. There is more then one former terrorist on the cast. Actually there are several known killers and terrorists.

Rogue did not murder Xavier, who was like his father and mentor, in front of everyone in cold blood, nor did he literally imprison all the heroes who opposed him in hell, in addition to torturing them, nor did he put the life of the planet at risk because of his ambition. .

Rogue was just a confused girl who wanted to please mother in her family business, and she has redeemed herself for quite some time, there is no point of comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That's literally the point of the scene... Rogue kicking them out. I don't understand why everything has to be a controversy in these threads. Like did anyone's enjoyment really change because Rhino was in a single panel?
    I think people are just pointing out what could pose a problem for the X-Men in the future rather than voicing what they have a problem with personally. Frankly, I find users calling fans "pathetic" and making a big deal because they are batting around ideas about what these types of activities and decisions could mean for the new team more alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Rogue did not murder Xavier, who was like his father and mentor, in front of everyone in cold blood, nor did he literally imprison all the heroes who opposed him in hell, in addition to torturing them, nor did he put the life of the planet at risk because of his ambition. .

Rogue was just a confused girl who wanted to please mother in her family business, and she has redeemed herself for quite some time, there is no point of comparison.
    Scott when possessed by the Phoenix is no more responsible then Jean is for mass genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Scott when possessed by the Phoenix is no more responsible then Jean is for mass genocide.
    If we want to get technical, that wasn't Jean; it was a clone.

The sword cuts both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Retcons aside my point is possession is an (overused) ethical get out of jail free card.

I think people are just pointing out what could pose a problem for the X-Men in the future rather than voicing what they have a problem with personally. Frankly, I find users calling fans "pathetic" and making a big deal because they are batting around ideas about what these types of activities and decisions could mean for the new team more alarming.
    Are you talking about me? Cause i definitely did not call anyone pathetic or make a single personal attack against anyone.

I quoted Wiccan's post, Kingdom X.
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-31-2021 at 03:04 PM.

It’s nice to see Rogue and Cyclops on a team together again. When was the last time? Feel like it’s been a while.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It’s nice to see Rogue and Cyclops on a team together again. When was the last time? Feel like it’s been a while.
    The last time I recall was during the Utopia era, right?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The current Scott is also a clone, so if logic follows he deserves to be pardoned from his crimes
    Last edited by Dipter; 07-31-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The current Scott is also a clone, so if logic follows he deserves to be pardoned from his crimes
    The current Scott is a clone of the Scott who committed those crimes, no? That was not the case with Jean.

In either case, I usually argue that Jean's soul and consciousness were bonded to her clone, which is how she was able to fight off the Dark Phoenix's natural destructive urges and eventually sacrifice herself to save the team and life in general, so I'm certainly not acting as if the clone and Jean were completely separate entities. I'm simply pointing out the technicalities of the initial retcon, which pretty much absolve Jean of all crimes.