Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: X-MEN 2 Preview

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The debate is about the PUBLIC perception of who the mutants are keeping company with...hahaha...not the other way around.
    I mean the Council were all at the Gala, it's not like theyre keeping them secret. Though the Avengers don't seem to know who Sinister is they know he's not exactly on the level

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean the Council were all at the Gala, it's not like theyre keeping them secret. Though the Avengers don't seem to know who Sinister is they know he's not exactly on the level
    Well at least we know Rogue wants to present a squeaky clean image to the world.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-31-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    seeing this preview, I'm getting already bored by the book.....

Let's hope at least S.W.O.R.D. will stay amazing!!! I wished Pepe Larraz would do the art of a Ewing book...

No thanks, leave Pepe where he is, so they want him in the sword????=which is a comic with terrible sales and destined for an early cancellation.

Pepe is fine in the main book, that he is great.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    It happens very often that a preview issue comes out and readers act like it's the end of the world and judge the rest of the series on it. This even happens when it's just a cover being released. Also, many readers want non-stop action and character moments often get labeled as boring!

And people are shocked that Krakoans would associate with petty criminals?! Really!? This is the land that easily forgave Apocalypse and Selene, yet a bank robber is crossing the line for Gambit, a thief?

Exactly, or are they just whiny girls who just want to see their characters in all the page. And I'm not really a fan of Duggan, but he has done quite well so far.
    and the previous one is only pure gold.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-30-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    No thanks, leave Pepe where he is, so they want him in the sword????=which is a comic with terrible sales and destined for an early cancellation.

Pepe is fine in the main book, that he is great.
    ??? It was the highest selling book this week digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Just wait and see .... give it a few months lol.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Wait, isn't Black Cat a full-on villain now or something? And Rhino?

That aside, looks pretty interesting.
    No, she’s still riding the line.

The X-Men have accepted villains/criminals into their ranks long before Krakoa, throwing a fuzz because of Gambit hanging out a bit with Black Cat and Rhino is just pathetic lol.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Men have accepted villains/criminals into their ranks long before Krakoa, throwing a fuzz because of Gambit hanging out a bit with Black Cat and Rhino is just pathetic lol.
    Pretty much.
    And this is Gambit...Rogue (and we) is quite aware of his shady past and affiliations.

It's one thing to not know everything about every character written in the past 60 years but there's basic knowledge that is "compulsory" for readers new and old.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Speaking only for myself (and/or anyone who agrees), I didn't think this Black Cat and Rhino thing was the worst thing ever, I just didn't think the X-Men would want to continue to associate with more shady characters, they had a seemingly clean slate. They're certainly small potatoes compared to Sinister or Apocalypse. As for "the X-Men have associated with villains before", hasn't that largely been when those villains were turning over a new leaf, or else begrudgingly for the greater good?

As a joke, it was pretty funny.

Bottom line? This is hardly gonna get me to drop the book, it was just a little tick that I noticed.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It hadn’t been selling well before. Maybe it’s doing better now, maybe it’s not. On a website, the best seller list is used as a marketing tool to drive sales, not to tell you their real sales data. We don’t know what algorithm comixology uses to determining be that. Maybe it was the best selling digital title last week, maybe it was the best selling new title on release day. Maybe an older book sold better, but comixology wants to push newer sales. There are many factors and comixology (or any other commercial website) is never going to tell us. Sales data and their algorithms are considered proprietary.

Speaking only for myself (and/or anyone who agrees), I didn't think this Black Cat and Rhino thing was the worst thing ever, I just didn't think the X-Men would want to continue to associate with more shady characters, they had a seemingly clean slate.
    Well, Gambit isn't an X-Men right now. Rogue, who is, does worry about them being seen there. Though not for moral reasons of "Oh no how can you be with those ViLlaInS!!!!"(which, Black Cat isn't even one, really? More of an anti-hero).

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think whatīs bothering Rogue is the location at the mansion they were isolated enough to invite over anyone they wanted but the tree house is almost like Avengers tower, they are public figures now and Ben Urich was quite clear he would follow their story because heīs particulary interested in the fact some mutants seem to be coming back from dead so I can see Rogue being worried this reunion would get the attention of the press.Remy is an X-man and also the king of Thieves and probably this is not the first time he has done a game like this.

That said I think Duggan wrote this with a nostalgic spirit not because thatīs how he will write them in the future, this scene made me remember how they were in the 90īs and itīs an actual fun scene, I loved Ben saying he knew she was mad when she called him with his full name lol.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, Gambit isn't an X-Men right now. Rogue, who is, does worry about them being seen there. Though not for moral reasons of "Oh no how can you be with those ViLlaInS!!!!"(which, Black Cat isn't even one, really? More of an anti-hero).
    Gambit not being an X-Man is a technicality, he might not be on the current official team, but he's known as an X-Man. Besides, he and his poker buddies are in their treehouse. Black Cat is in a gray area, but isn't Rhino a confirmed killer? Like I said, it's not a big deal, but couldn't this joke have been told with different characters? I'm not gonna drop the book over this obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think whatīs bothering Rogue is the location at the mansion they were isolated enough to invite over anyone they wanted but the tree house is almost like Avengers tower, they are public figures now and Ben Urich was quite clear he would follow their story because heīs particulary interested in the fact some mutants seem to be coming back from dead so I can see Rogue being worried this reunion would get the attention of the press.Remy is an X-man and also the king of Thieves and probably this is not the first time he has done a game like this.

That said I think Duggan wrote this with a nostalgic spirit not because thatīs how he will write them in the future, this scene made me remember how they were in the 90īs and itīs an actual fun scene, I loved Ben saying he knew she was mad when she called him with his full name lol.
    I think you're right, but I also think the X-Men should be more concerned about these things beyond how it might make them look bad. I'm sure most people don't share that opinion.

Look, taking a step back, Marvel made the public at large look at Cyclops as a terrorist, so I guess this stuff doesn't matter anymore anyway.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think you're right, but I also think the X-Men should be more concerned about these things beyond how it might make them look bad. I'm sure most people don't share that opinion.
    I donīt think they care about looking bad, more like they donīt want to make the press more curious about them than itīs already, even the Avengers have problems with the press and still sometimes asked some of their members to stay out of the public eye, like Wolverine and they have done this thing from the beggining so it will take a while before the X-men have a better handle of things.

Look, taking a step back, Marvel made the public at large look at Cyclops as a terrorist, so I guess this stuff doesn't matter anymore anyway.
    This is pretty ambigious because right before Krakoa Cap, it was the real Cap not mystique, talked publicy with Scott to stop a mutant manifestation and the only thing Scott did as a "revolutionary" was to organize a mutant meeting to show they were united and he has been personally interviewed by Urich in the first issue of this run so I would say heīs in a pretty good spot when it comes to the press.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022