All-New Member

Default Green Lantern Reading Order

Just curious if someone can confirm this reading order of paperbacks and omnibus' for Green Lantern.

The issue numbers are throwing me off with Johns run continuing into the new 52 remainder.

And yes I'm avoiding the Johns vol 2 Omnibus for the few issues I'll miss. Anything else I'm missing?

- Green Lantern Johns Omnibus Vol 1: Green Lantern Rebirth #1-6, Green Lantern Corps Recharge #1-5, Green Lantern #1-25, Green Lantern Corps #14-18, Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1, Green Lantern Secret Files 2005 #1, +

- Green Lantern: Secret Origin: Green Lantern 29-35

- Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns: Green lantern 26-28 Final Crisis :Rage of Red Lanterns Green lantern 36-38

- Blackest Night Omnibus: Blackest Night #0-8, Green Lantern #43-53, Green Lantern Corps #39-47

- Green Lantern Omnibus Vol 3: GREEN LANERN #53-60, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1

- Green Lantern Vol. 4: Dark Days (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert):
    GREEN LANTERN #21-26, #23.1: Relic, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #2

- Green Lantern Vol. 5 : Test of Wills (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert): Green Lantern #27-34 and Green Lantern Corps #31-33

- Green Lantern Vol. 6 : The Life Equation (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert): GREEN LANTERN #35-40 and GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #3

- Green Lantern Vol. 7 (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert): Renegade: GREEN LANTERN #41-46, and GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #4

- Green Lantern Vol. 8: Reflections: (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert): GREEN LANTERN #47-52, preview of HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS: REBIRTH #1

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b2c3DC View Post
    Just curious if someone can confirm this reading order of paperbacks and omnibus' for Green Lantern.

The issue numbers are throwing me off with Johns run continuing into the new 52 remainder.

And yes I'm avoiding the Johns vol 2 Omnibus for the few issues I'll miss. Anything else I'm missing?

- Green Lantern Johns Omnibus Vol 1: Green Lantern Rebirth #1-6, Green Lantern Corps Recharge #1-5, Green Lantern #1-25, Green Lantern Corps #14-18, Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1, Green Lantern Secret Files 2005 #1, +

- Green Lantern: Secret Origin: Green Lantern 29-35

- Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns: Green lantern 26-28 Final Crisis :Rage of Red Lanterns Green lantern 36-38

- Blackest Night Omnibus: Blackest Night #0-8, Green Lantern #43-53, Green Lantern Corps #39-47

- Green Lantern Omnibus Vol 3: GREEN LANERN #53-60, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1

- Green Lantern Vol. 4: Dark Days (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert):
    GREEN LANTERN #21-26, #23.1: Relic, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #2

- Green Lantern Vol. 5 : Test of Wills (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert): Green Lantern #27-34 and Green Lantern Corps #31-33

- Green Lantern Vol. 6 : The Life Equation (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert): GREEN LANTERN #35-40 and GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #3

- Green Lantern Vol. 7 (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert): Renegade: GREEN LANTERN #41-46, and GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #4

- Green Lantern Vol. 8: Reflections: (The New 52 - Venditti, Robert): GREEN LANTERN #47-52, preview of HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS: REBIRTH #1
    Yes, but you could easily skip over volumes 4 to 7 of the New 52 era. They are not very well regarded by anyone, Venditti included, as they were rife with editorial mandates and interference. The entirety of these stories are pretty much completely ignored by the subsequent volumes, which are much better and Venditti's attempt to course correct--which I think he did admirably.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, but you could easily skip over volumes 4 to 7 of the New 52 era. They are not very well regarded by anyone, Venditti included, as they were rife with editorial mandates and interference. The entirety of these stories are pretty much completely ignored by the subsequent volumes, which are much better and Venditti's attempt to course correct--which I think he did admirably.
    Do you know which part was editorially interfered and mandated? I only remember vaguely the overall plot points such as Relic and The Source Wall, Kyle Rayner presumed dead and dating Carol, everyone moving to Mogo, St. Walker losing Hope, Hal went Renegade, The Corps lost in another dimension, and maybe Highfather being stupid...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Do you know which part was editorially interfered and mandated? I only remember vaguely the overall plot points such as Relic and The Source Wall, Kyle Rayner presumed dead and dating Carol, everyone moving to Mogo, St. Walker losing Hope, Hal went Renegade, The Corps lost in another dimension, and maybe Highfather being stupid...
    All that, in addition to trying to kill off John Stewart until the internet got wind of it when the writer quit.

It was just a generally shitty time for the GL books during an overall low point for DC in general