Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Lasso of Truth is actually the Lasso of Bloodlust and Conflict and that's how she pushes Superman into becoming an evil dictator.

Honestly, I think this is what Earth 3 WW should have been.
    It should be... I can see it now.... Diana sculpted from clay by Hippolyta, daughter and follower of Ares the God of war, brought to life by his power to bring the world to its heels in violence and bloodshed.

Instead we get dominatrix Donna Troy, who may have killed Diana? Got to love that every earth 3 counter part is the same character as the original, but Diana.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    It should be... I can see it now.... Diana sculpted from clay by Hippolyta, daughter and follower of Ares the God of war, brought to life by his power to bring the world to its heels in violence and bloodshed.

Instead we get dominatrix Donna Troy, who may have killed Diana? Got to love that every earth 3 counter part is the same character as the original, but Diana.
    It’s like a running gag at this point, Lois Lane, Mary Marvel, Donna. Whose next Catwoman?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

To me...Diana is fine with killing when justified, if it's an honorable/justified so she may be shaken a little by Clark killing the Joker but she understands and she decides to stay by his side at the beginning because she believes she can still guide him morally but as he slips further and further into darkness and wants to take over the world that's when she turns on him and leads and joins the revolution.

That would've been a great origin for E3 Diana.

Yeah I also never understood why she is never specifically Diana or some version of the name for E3.

Extraordinary Member

I’d pull the same idea I have for “fixing” Injustice Superman and getting some “payback” on Injustice Batman’s squeaky-clean image; invoke dimension travel again, but this time to a thematically reversed universe interfering with the Evil!Supes and Evil!Wondy universe.

Let’s call it a “Lawless” Universe as opposed to the “Injustice” Universe.

The Lawless Universe version of Batman creates a dimension device much like the one the Injustice Batman did… but Lawless Batman is the badguy. Here, he fell to villainy for much less impressive reasons than Injustice Superman, took Ra’s Al Ghul’s offer, and now leads a shadow army to try and instill his own twisted vision of order on the world. Because of his skills, resourcefulness, and sneakiness, he successfully trapped his world’s Superman in the Phantom Zone, and has plunged the world into chaos…

…But Lawless Wonder Woman has united the world’s forces against him, and as their leader, is slowly but surely taking apart his organization and winning their war. In this Lawless Universe, she was also close friends with and allied to a military intelligence organization run by Lois Lane, who gave her life to expose Lawless Batman’s “Hail Mary” plan to contact Injustice Superman and his Regime forces. So Lawless Wonder Woman is the one who broaches the idea of an alliance with Injustice Batman, with the plot of the conflict ultimately being a race to free Lawless Superman from the Phantom Zone before the “Dark Trinity” of Injustice Superman, Injustice Wonder Woman, and Lawless Batman overwhelm them.

(As much as I hate “fridging,” I would have Lois die so that Lawless Superman can show, like Wonder Woman, that he is stronger than their Injustice counterparts… aaaand I’d have Lawless Lois Lane be a playable character - as The Spectre.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The only way you can.

It was Matrix the whole time!

Yeah, that ruins Matrix, but at least you fix Diana.

There's no fixing this without demanding a pound of flesh elsewhere. Too much has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I like the Circe idea.

hmmmm

As badly as I want to come up with a good story that could re-tool the Injustice mess...I'd probably just do the "Rucka" and nuke it.

See, I thought his signature move was moving heaven and Earth to retool all projects into featuring Diana, Kate or Rene Montoya even if it meant sidelining the protagonist.

Furthermore, you're implying she dies in the blast, but we've seen Superman survive a nuclear blast ergo this is another example of how DC doesn't respect Diana and that she is, in fact, a weak character who deserves to lose her book to a man to end the rampant sexism plaguing the character.

Back in my day we just went into the restroom and said something three times if we wanted to summon a bad time.
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-31-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Furthermore, you're implying she dies in the blast, but we've seen Superman survive a nuclear blast ergo this is another example of how DC doesn't respect Diana and that she is, in fact, a weak character who deserves to lose her book to a man to end the rampant sexism plaguing the character.

Back in my day we just went into the restroom and said something three times if we wanted to summon a bad time.
    This sarcasm targeted at mystical41 is falling so flat on it's face, not just because it would be outright laughable to indicate DC would not have an extremely bad track record at portraying Wonder Woman respectful if Superman is involved, but also because Injustice even managed to make the nuke comparison already:

Diana is revealed to be in a coma on the Watchtower after surviving Captain Atom's destruction. Superman stays by her side, with Green Lantern assuring him she will awaken soon.

Diana's mother, Hippolyta, visits the Watchtower, revealing to Superman she plans to take her daughter back to Themyscira, confident they can heal and awaken her.

After a lengthy absence, Wonder Woman is revealed to be on Themyscira, Superman having gone to visit her, though she has still not fully healed after the seven month time skip.
    who could have guessed......
    Last edited by Rightoya; 07-31-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Mighty Member

And to the thread question, trying to fix Injustice Wonder Woman, is like trying to fix this car:

but the Circe, or agent of Ares ideas, are interessting.

The only way you can.

There's no fixing this without demanding a pound of flesh elsewhere. Too much has been done.

See, I thought his signature move was moving heaven and Earth to retool all projects into featuring Diana, Kate or Rene Montoya even if it meant sidelining the protagonist.

Didn't the sequels already do that to the The Matrix?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’d pull the same idea I have for “fixing” Injustice Superman and getting some “payback” on Injustice Batman’s squeaky-clean image; invoke dimension travel again, but this time to a thematically reversed universe interfering with the Evil!Supes and Evil!Wondy universe.

Let’s call it a “Lawless” Universe as opposed to the “Injustice” Universe.

The Lawless Universe version of Batman creates a dimension device much like the one the Injustice Batman did… but Lawless Batman is the badguy. Here, he fell to villainy for much less impressive reasons than Injustice Superman, took Ra’s Al Ghul’s offer, and now leads a shadow army to try and instill his own twisted vision of order on the world. Because of his skills, resourcefulness, and sneakiness, he successfully trapped his world’s Superman in the Phantom Zone, and has plunged the world into chaos…

…But Lawless Wonder Woman has united the world’s forces against him, and as their leader, is slowly but surely taking apart his organization and winning their war. In this Lawless Universe, she was also close friends with and allied to a military intelligence organization run by Lois Lane, who gave her life to expose Lawless Batman’s “Hail Mary” plan to contact Injustice Superman and his Regime forces. So Lawless Wonder Woman is the one who broaches the idea of an alliance with Injustice Batman, with the plot of the conflict ultimately being a race to free Lawless Superman from the Phantom Zone before the “Dark Trinity” of Injustice Superman, Injustice Wonder Woman, and Lawless Batman overwhelm them.

(As much as I hate “fridging,” I would have Lois die so that Lawless Superman can show, like Wonder Woman, that he is stronger than their Injustice counterparts… aaaand I’d have Lawless Lois Lane be a playable character - as The Spectre.)
    Of course we would have Lucy Lawless be a voice actor for this

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Superwoman is Diana's evil counterpart in pre-crisis. There is no difference except the costume and lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Superwoman is Diana's evil counterpart in pre-crisis. There is no difference except the costume and lasso.
    I was talking about the more modern and notable versions.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Didn't the sequels already do that to the The Matrix?
    Sure, but I am speaking about the Putty Alien Formerly Known as Supergirl. That Matrix.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

The only way you can.

Was that supposed to be shade towards me? injustice already made sure to show what you said. Injustice WW was almost killed by a nuclear explosion and after months she didn't recover. Outside of injustice, in her comics she has been fighting street levelers. Got hurt by a car running into her. In Justice Society movie aquaman overepowered her on land. In jl movie sm put her down in 2 hits. In dceased sm killed her in one hit, etc. Very powerful stuff we got from current WW. sigh

Some ideas:

1. "'Injustice'' Amazons were openly killing criminals so Diana just grew up with it thinking it was fine until Superman told her no but then Joker happen so Diana saw her opportunity and convinced him he must take control and punish criminals.

2. Joker or another villain murdered some of Diana's allies or Amazons

3. Diana also loved Lois so she felt Superman's pain

4. Some villain switch bodies with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think that Injustice is mostly a terrible idea that can't be fixed. Any improvements amount to polishing a turd.

The most broken part about IJ is that Superman's turned into Hitler, WW turned into the devil, and Batman... stays pretty much the same principled and heroic guy. And for some reason, Harley's an accepted hero despite being complicit in the nuclear holocaust of Metropolis. So let's break two characters, distort another, and keep the cash cow the same. How is that good unless you only care about Batman? Under this formula, two characters are morally compromised and one can't be. IMO, that's too much for S and W fans to concede.

I feel as though if WW fans were to buy into Injustice, at the very least you have to break all three of S, W, and B. Either that, or make all of them be equally correct and equally wrong on some conflicting issue, with either two or three factions emerging. Another thing about IJ that kills me is that it goes back and forth saying Superman's been broken because of these horrible events (so Batman's clearly right and Superman is wrong), but then trying to insinuate that Superman has a point where Batman is wrong (which nobody reading really believes... Superman's argument boils down to in order to prevent one extra crime or tragedy he gets to stifle humanity's liberty on his discretion, or something extreme like that).

I like the above Circe example on how to break Wonder Woman. I'd probably even do something more extreme and point out that this WW never had as wholesome of an upbringing, like someone such as Red Son Superman. In fact, I'd say S, B, and W in IJ should all be non-trivial variants of their common counterparts. But under no circumstance do I accept that an otherwise "normal" Superman and Wonder Woman would become such monsters while Batman gets to remain uncompromised and there's no accountability for Harley Quinn.
    No denying that well is thoroughly poisoned from conception. Unlike something like Marvel's Civil War--which at least tried to paint the opposing sides as having good and bad points--Injustice just went full Bat-wank by making him (and everyone who agrees with him) indisputably correct and everyone else the worst, baby-strangling monsters imaginable.
    The ground is sour.

I agree an Injustice, done right, would either make all three heroes utterly broken (though who then would we root for at all) and/or make Superman & Batman's opposing views equally reasonable. Neither is completely right or completely wrong, and their conflict should be an opposition in legitimate philosophy.
    What's frustrating though is such a conflict should--in theory--make a third party caught in the middle the most relatable one. Such a character would be an ideal POV figure for the audience to latch onto. And, in theory, that should be Diana...the third corner of the alleged Trinity.

It would also suit her as a--when written properly--diplomatic, peace-oriented person to try to do everything in her power to keep her two allies and friends from tearing one another down and splintering the superhero community as a result.
    In essence, if Superman and Batman's bitter divorce is going to be the great war of the DC universe (as eye-rolling as that sounds), Wonder Woman should be the counselor trying to keep it fair and/or making sure the kids don't suffer.

But that's too clearly too much to ask from Netherrealm Studios who went for the easy one-two punch of 'evil Superman' and 'Batman is always right.'
    Most frustrating is, again, even if you want to roll with such a tiresome and trite conflict, Wonder Woman would be the most appropriate 'caught in the middle' figure who's loyalty could be the difference maker in the battle.

But that would actually make Diana interesting and take attention away from the almighty Bat and his crew, so she's just as evil as Superman without even a proper explanation why. I mean, as hackneyed and insulting as the dead Lois card is, it is at least some kind of explanation for Clark turning evil. Diana didn't even get that.
    I always think about this bit from Zero Punctuation's review of Injustice: "Wonder Woman had precisely none of Superman's motivation to turn evil but did so anyway with twice the gusto."

But that was what kind of made me think of this thread. They've pretty thoroughly buried Wonder Woman, so just as a thought exercise, I wondered how could they possibly dig her out if they were inclined. Looking through the responses here, I'm not surprised the answers tend to go with either imposter/mind control, or double-down and say this Diana was never good to begin with & is inherently evil like the Anti-Matter Earth's Superwoman.

I do like godisawesome's idea: introducing an "opposite" Earth to the Injustice Earth where Batman was the one who turned evil and Superman and Wonder Woman are the ones opposing him. It would be cathartic to see a good Diana not only kick evil Diana's ass again but take charge and lead the good guys to victory, and a nice change of pace to see a variant of Batman who's the despicable jerkass who turned evil for stupid, petty reasons for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    When in doubt, blame it on Circe.
    It was Circe all along!

Here's a question, if she was to reveal herself as the mastermind, does she do it with a catchy song like Agatha? Or Vince McMahon style?