So how about this:
Netherrealm Studios is making a new Injustice game, and you've been assigned the head writer of the story. And they, hoping to capitalize on Wonder Woman's current popularity, say they want the story to focus more on her and do better by her than the previous games have.

What do you do? What story do you come up with? How do you even begin to salvage her?

Me...
The easiest solution is to reveal some sort of corrupting influence, if not full blown mind control. Some might see that as a cop-out, but personally I think Diana's depiction in these games is so far off the map, the only explanation has to be some external force turning her into the monster we see.

Circe would be an ideal choice for the one responsible. I'm not sure what her overall plan would be, but the immediate personal goal would be obvious. If Diana's actions were her doing or due to her influence, she ruined Wonder Woman. She destroyed Diana's reputation, her integrity, her relationship to her fellow Amazons, and turned her into a total mockery of everything she stood for and believed.
And, since they've established Diana was the devil on Superman's shoulder who encouraged him to become a fascist, by corrupting her, Circe successfully destroyed the Justice League and the people's faith in them.

If it was Circe all along...she won.

But the big question is how she could pull off such a deception when Wonder Woman has the Lasso of Truth? Wouldn't that be the exact sort of thing the Lasso would protect her against?

Here's my idea: it's not the real Lasso. Circe managed to steal it in secret at some point and replaced it with another magic lasso that she created. One she forged using the power/soul of the Duke of Deception, designed to warp Diana's mind and desires.
I'd even go so far as to suggest the bad lasso screws with her memories. Steve wasn't a Nazi and never betrayed her; the Lasso of Deception made her believe that so she'd be more susceptible to corruption.
Also just another screw you from Circe to Diana--tainting the memories of the man she once loved.

Whatever brief flashes of the real Wonder Woman we saw throughout these games was the real her resisting the evil lasso. When she got gassed by Scarecrow in Injustice 2 and almost admitted to herself she's partially responsible for what Clark's become, the fear gas was ironically helping her fight it.

Anyway, with the League in shambles, Superman a tyrant, and Wonder Woman a hated pariah, Circe can move forward with the next phase of her plans. I don't know what, I haven't thought that far ahead...but world domination surely.

For the game's ending (the good ending, since there's usually multiple endings for story mode), Diana has regained the real Lasso of Truth, defeated Circe, and maybe even struck a crippling blow to Superman's regime. She gives up her title as Wonder Woman--knowing that Circe's influence does not absolve her of what she's done--but vows to devote her life to cleaning up the mess she helped bring about.

That's what I got. Probably doesn't address everything, and yes, before anyone says it, I know if/when they make a new Injustice game, they won't bother redeeming Wonder Woman in any way. Certainly none that wouldn't involve Batman being the hero, I'm sure.

This is strictly hypothetical. So how about you? How would you try to fix Injustice Wonder Woman if you had the chance?