Page 451 of 598 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Mighty Member

Diggle you idiot! Go to a doctor about that shrapnel already.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could see them doing that .

I think the possibility of this depends on how many copies of the Arsenal/Speedy suit they have.

We still don't know the identity of Earth-X Prometheus.
    i have a feeling it will be roy

Retired

Ollie seems to forget that Diggle has a son. Either that or he's a jerk.

I like that Felicity and Curtis talked about money problems and what everybody is doing to get by. That addresses questions people had about LEGENDS.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Diggle you idiot! Go to a doctor about that shrapnel already.
    He already did. He has degenerative nerve damage. It's the reason why the doc asked him if he was fine.

The way Diggle physically dismantled that guy. Yikes. Diggle's a monster.

Arrow has sort of slipped down to my least favorite DC series, the Oliver and his son themes doesn't help even though they were decent i'm just not looking for that from Arrow, Captain Lance still stuck in character limbo just hanging around like a pimple, please get this guy something to do of substance, and i miss when Oliver and Zelenka were friends, sipping Vodka and saying things in Russian. Can't we go back to that.

I wouldn't call it a bad episode or a bad season so far, i guess i just miss how Arrow used to be and some of the past characters. Even last season seems so far to where things are now.

Had the same feeling in Big Bang Theory when the permanent relationships descended down and things never were the same again. Might be the same point of no return for Arrow.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-20-2017 at 02:44 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    The way Diggle physically dismantled that guy. Yikes. Diggle's a monster.

Arrow has sort of slipped down to my least favorite DC series, the Oliver and his son themes doesn't help even though they were decent i'm just not looking for that from Arrow, Captain Lance still stuck in character limbo just hanging around like a pimple, please get this guy something to do of substance, and i miss when Oliver and Zelenka were friends, sipping Vodka and saying things in Russian. Can't we go back to that.

I wouldn't call it a bad episode or a bad season so far, i guess i just miss how Arrow used to be and some of the past characters. Even last season seems so far to where things are now.

Had the same feeling in Big Bang Theory when the permanent relationships descended down and things never were the same again. Might be the same point of no return for Arrow.
    I'd rather a show change, grow and evolve rather than just be the same thing week in and week out, year in and year out.

Retired

John usually calls Oliver out on his bull, but I guess that nerve damage has him distracted. While I can understand why Diggle is a good choice to step in as the Green Arrow, he and Oliver are in the same situation. It's even more dangerous for Diggle's son, John Jr. He's younger than William, Lyla and John are the only parents he's ever known. He has a stronger bond with them than Wiliam has with Oliver--William just learned that this guy is his father. Lyla and John are both risking their lives all the time. What's going to happen to John Jr. if they die? It's unfair of Oliver to ask Diggle to make that sacrifice--a sacrifice he doesn't want to make for his own son.

And even if Diggle didn't have the nerve damage, he's hardly skilled at archery to the level where he can become the Green Arrow. Maybe their friends at STAR labs could come up with something. Or Felicity--she should be in a wheel chair yet she has full function. Diggle could be Star City's version of Iron Man, given all the tech they have.

So is Arrow the only Arrowverse show with an intro anymore? None of the other shows have run with them since they've come back, just using flashier intros before the show starts and new logos.

I really like that the title sequence now has symbols for the whole team before the traditional arrowhead comes up. Is the symbol after Mr. Terrific's and before Spartan's supposed to be Overwatch ?

That Bruce Wayne mention was as fun as it was surprising. I guess it was supposed to be a reference to the fact that Gotham and Arrow are now on the same night? Although the idea that there is a Bruce Wayne and Gotham on Earth-1 is pretty amusing.

I'm surprised Oliver didn't turn to Lyla to try and get Argus to get the FBI to back-off on their investigation. Argus seems like the bigger government agency and the Green Arrow has helped with national security on numerous occasions, so you'd think they could help in at least some way.

I'm glad Curtis finally brought up the topic of what Team Arrow actually does for income nowadays and what he and Felicity have been doing ever since they lost their jobs at PalmerTech.

Lyla being the breadwinner of the Diggle family makes sense.

Felicity must not be a very savvy spender if she's already run through all the money she got out of PalmerTech, though I guess without having a real job with income it was able to last her long enough before she needed to get an actual job.

Diggle having degenerative nerve damage seems like it's going to get to a point where he won't be able to go into the field anymore, and I can see that driving him nuts.

William being worried about Oliver actually dying in the field at least shows he does care about Ollie.

Barry giving William a Flash backpack is cute. I can see Barry being a fun uncle .

Now that Anatoly's almost gone full-on villain, I wonder if they'll find a way to work in his KGBeast codename...

Oliver couldn't have shot to wound or brought Anatoly into custody? Was he worried the Bratva or Anatoly's remaining men would come for him? Though Anatoly said he was in exile so I'm not sure the Bratva would have actually cared that much.

Oliver has been accused of being a vigilante three times. The first time was when Lance arrested him for being The Hood (which Diggle helped him beat), the second time was when Lance accused him of being The Arrow (which Roy took the fall for), and now he was accused of being the Green Arrow.

I'm kind of surprised whoever tried to out Oliver would use a doctored photo rather then find something genuine with him unmasked, but I guess Oliver is too careful to have ever done something like that. I imagine the real point is that someone knows his identity and is trying to make his life even more complicated.

Felicity and Curtis forming their own startup actually makes sense, but hopefully Felicity learns from how she screwed-up as PalmerTech's CEO.

It's kind of cool that Oliver's first choice for someone to succeed him as Green Arrow is Diggle. It makes the fact that in one future John Jr. takes over the mantle seem more fitting. It's just too bad that is in no shape to be taking over the identity at this point, but he'd also never refuse Oliver .

It would be fun if Kara ever mentioned like during a crossover her cousin being busy with Bruce and Diana so we then would know the Trinity exist in the Arrowverse on her Earth. Also then Bruce of Earth-1 since he seems to have no connection to the League of Assassin could be a world where his parents never died and Bruce is just a rich brat Oliver use to hang out with

Retired

I noticed all the symbols this time at the start of the show and I wondered if this is supposed to indicate that ARROW is really an ensemble show. I know FLASH and SUPERGIRL try to be, but they don't succeed. Whereas, I think ARROW does a good job with the other story lines and I'd like them to give all the major characters equal time, to develop those plots. Sometimes, I'm much more interested in the Rene, Quentin and Diggle plots than I am in the Oliver or Felicity plots. That would be a way to keep me watching the series.

I think whoever set Oliver up with that photo intentionally used a fake, so it could be proven that it's not the mayor. Someone is sending Green Arrow a meassage, but doesn't want him behind bars.

It seems like the one commonality on all the multiple Earths is that they each has a Bruce Wayne.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That Bruce Wayne mention was as fun as it was surprising. I guess it was supposed to be a reference to the fact that Gotham and Arrow are now on the same night? Although the idea that there is a Bruce Wayne and Gotham on Earth-1 is pretty amusing.
    At this point in the Arroverse, all we know is there is a Bruce Wayne who is rich and lives in Gotham. For all we know, he may just be a playboy billionaire and nothing more.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    I'm glad Curtis finally brought up the topic of what Team Arrow actually does for income nowadays and what he and Felicity have been doing ever since they lost their jobs at PalmerTech.
    It was something the show needed to address as we now see everyone in the main cast working day jobs. Lance, Rene and Thea work as part of Ollie's Administration, Dinah is a lieutenant in the police department, Diggle occasionally does freelance work for Argus along side Lyra being the breadwinner. Curtis and Felicity were the odd men out.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I'd rather a show change, grow and evolve rather than just be the same thing week in and week out, year in and year out.
    There can still be change without the foundation changing too much. Different team-ups, different villains, different adventures.

Just because the foundation is different doesn't necessarily mean that difference is growth and evolution. Does Oliver having a kid automatically = growth, because that's what some creators seem to think. We've reached the kid stage of things. Oliver/Felicity marriage. Other team members get married and have kids.

That might work as a path for a romance type show but it's not something that has to be in achieving growth and evolution in a series. Definitely not what i want for Arrow. I'd be perfectly content with the team growing together as a team and facing new villains and adventures with various team-ups for awhile. Perhaps this current lineup isn't the end all be all Team Arrow, right now they don't seem to be. Testing that with additional characters thrown into the mix and through various adventures is a good start in finding out.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-20-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Yes, Ollie having a kid is growth because it changes the dynamic. Things can't be the same with Ollie being a single father of a pre-teen son. He can't give his undivided attention to crime fighting like he did in season 3 & 4, There will be times where he will have to prioritize his son over everything else (The final scene of the current episode shows that even if Ollie is being a dick about it). You can argue if this change is for the better but I prefer this over the show becoming stagnant like Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes, Ollie having a kid is growth because it changes the dynamic. Things can't be the same with Ollie being a single father of a pre-teen son. He can't give his undivided attention to crime fighting like he did in season 3 & 4, There will be times where he will have to prioritize his son over everything else (The final scene of the current episode shows that even if Ollie is being a dick about it). You can argue if this change is for the better but I prefer this over the show becoming stagnant like Smallville.
    I mean, between being a vigilante, a mayor, and being a father something was probably going to have to give.

That being said, Diggle's condition being what it is, we all know Ollie is going to have to suit up again sooner rather then later.