Page 569 of 570 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570 LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 8550

Thread: Arrow

  1. #8521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The shows had stumbling blocks with some of the characters but I've loved it.
    I am with you.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with those two other guys)
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  2. #8522
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    To be fair that's the whole show; various examples Laurel addiction, Oliver unmasking, Laurel rise to being the Black Canary, Sara as a concept, the Civil War of Team Arrow and the graveyard all of these things were good ideas and could tell exciting stories but the execution just didn't land might have been because they were scared to take risks, lazy because they didn't check what has happened on their own show or they wanted to pander to the Olicty fans some more.

    To borrow your statement I cannot overstate how much I am disappointed that this show went down the road and kept doing it, the number of plot holes that can be traced back to Felicity and the only reason seemed to be why not.
    BECAUSE IT MAKES IT A VERY $#!^& STORY that's why, Mary Sues wipe them the hell out period.

    Truthfully I think Roy deserved better, Thea differently deserved better and do not and I mean DO NOT get me started on Katie.

    Just a thought IMHO Oliver without a doubt deserved better than what he got and if what everyone is saying is true I have no reason to want to watch season 8 none;
    I agree with almost everything you said. Personally though, I've always liked Felicity. I do agree they went overboard with her during Season's 3 and 4 at times, and I agree that hurt the show. But let me ask you this- say, for the sake of argument, that Felicity had just remained the team's tech person, and she did not have a relationship with Oliver other than friendship. And say that they had done what I believe the original plan was and paired Oliver with Laurel. Do you think it would have been a better show then?

  3. #8523
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    Honestly, I think Oliver and Laurel never had any kind of chemistry whatsoever.

    Oliver and Sara, that could have been a good pairing as an alternative to Felicity.

  4. #8524
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    And I'm one of the few who's loved Felicity from the start and was overjoyed at her and Ollie becoming a couple and eventually marrying. Even having a kid!

    Even if the writing wasn't always so great but hey it's the CW that's as much a bug as it is a feature.

  5. #8525
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    And I'm one of the few who's loved Felicity from the start and was overjoyed at her and Ollie becoming a couple and eventually marrying. Even having a kid!

    Even if the writing wasn't always so great but hey it's the CW that's as much a bug as it is a feature.
    I`m in the same team.

    Sure, she's had her lows, but no character is perfect.

    Oliver has been a self-righteous asshole himself multiple times (Season 3, looking at you).

  6. #8526
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I`m in the same team.

    Sure, she's had her lows, but no character is perfect.

    Oliver has been a self-righteous asshole himself multiple times (Season 3, looking at you).
    Agreed as well.

    I also agree that Stephen and Katie had no chemistry. As much as I love Katie Cassidy as an actress and a human being, and as much as I enjoyed her on Arrow, she never really clicked with Stephen the way that he and Emily did. Add to that the fact that the relationship between Oliver and Laurel was portrayed as being so toxic before the Gambit went down, I never rooted for them to get together.

  7. #8527
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I agree with almost everything you said. Personally though, I've always liked Felicity. I do agree they went overboard with her during Season's 3 and 4 at times, and I agree that hurt the show. But let me ask you this- say, for the sake of argument, that Felicity had just remained the team's tech person, and she did not have a relationship with Oliver other than friendship. And say that they had done what I believe the original plan was and paired Oliver with Laurel. Do you think it would have been a better show then?
    Considering how much Olicity drama dragged down the seasons you mentioned, I don't think it would have been a negative.

    I'm not saying the Oliver/Laurel relationship was perfect, although I think part of that is how they wrote Laurel and how they kept continually screwing up the whole Black Canary storyline across the entire series.

    But, personally, I don't think Stephen and Emily had much more chemistry as a romantic couple by comparison.

  8. #8528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I`m in the same team.

    Sure, she's had her lows, but no character is perfect.

    Oliver has been a self-righteous asshole himself multiple times (Season 3, looking at you).
    Thank God. I was beginning to think there wasn't anyone in this forum who liked Felicity -- and she was always my favorite character.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with those two other guys)
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  9. #8529
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    I rarely, if ever, genuinely HATE fictional characters. On Arrow, the sole offender who ever got this "honour" from me would've been Malcolm Merlyn.

    I so, so badly wanted this cowardly weasel to suffer for his deeds in S3 and 4.

  10. #8530
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I rarely, if ever, genuinely HATE fictional characters. On Arrow, the sole offender who ever got this "honour" from me would've been Malcolm Merlyn.

    I so, so badly wanted this cowardly weasel to suffer for his deeds in S3 and 4.
    And despite everything, I couldn't genuinely hate Malcolm because I loved Barrowman so much.

    I'd have to say the only character I ever truly hated was Agent Watson. I thought it was utterly reprehensible that she refused to get involved when a criminal basically took over a large American city, infiltrating every facet from local government to law enforcement, until Oliver would confess to being a vigilante. No, bitch, you put things into perspective- take down the crime lord first, THEN worry about a vigilante that's been running around for 6 years before you decided to get involved.

  11. #8531
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,565

    Default

    I hated Malcolm. They should have kept him dead by they brought him back and kept bringing him back. Arrowverse producers have a problem of letting certain actors go and come up for contrived reasons for their characters to stick around.

  12. #8532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I`m in the same team.

    Sure, she's had her lows, but no character is perfect.

    Oliver has been a self-righteous asshole himself multiple times (Season 3, looking at you).
    And John, having a hissy fit when Ollie decided he was going to resume being the Green Arrow, rather than letting John continue in the role.

    In fact, the rest of the team left Ollie for no good reason.

    No Felicity didn't destroy Arrow (not that I think it was ever destroyed).
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with those two other guys)
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  13. #8533
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Personally I have no issues with films and TV pairing superheroes outside of their traditional pairings I liked Ollie and Chloe on Smallville and thought Ollie and Felicity made most sense on Arrow. Felicity also was a good character but she also ground zero of what is the biggest problem with Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash.

    That problem is the supporting cast became as important if not more important than the title character. Smallville had a lot of issues but even with Clana, Clois, and his team of support like Chloe, Ollie, and Tess in later seasons the show never stopped being about him first and foremost. You could never take Clark out to Smallville and still have the show work. You could remove Ollie and Arrow would still work, same for Flash just promote Wally and keep Team Flash, and even Supergirl you might need to change the name of the show but the show could continue without her and be about the DEO and never miss a beat and that's those shows biggest issues and it really did start with Olicity and it taking over Arrow.

  14. #8534
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Personally I have no issues with films and TV pairing superheroes outside of their traditional pairings I liked Ollie and Chloe on Smallville and thought Ollie and Felicity made most sense on Arrow. Felicity also was a good character but she also ground zero of what is the biggest problem with Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash.

    That problem is the supporting cast became as important if not more important than the title character. Smallville had a lot of issues but even with Clana, Clois, and his team of support like Chloe, Ollie, and Tess in later seasons the show never stopped being about him first and foremost. You could never take Clark out to Smallville and still have the show work. You could remove Ollie and Arrow would still work, same for Flash just promote Wally and keep Team Flash, and even Supergirl you might need to change the name of the show but the show could continue without her and be about the DEO and never miss a beat and that's those shows biggest issues and it really did start with Olicity and it taking over Arrow.
    I agree with everything you said except for Wally taking over for Barry, because they spent- what, 2, 3 years beating us over the head with the fact that Wally is just not as good as Barry. Honestly, they treated Wally like a joke and part of me wonders if that was an edict from DC.

  15. #8535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I agree with almost everything you said. Personally though, I've always liked Felicity.
    For me I think it depends, if what Guggy gave us after Season 4 IS Felicitys character then canít say that I am a fan however I think there is potential.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I do agree they went overboard with her during Season's 3 and 4 at times, and I agree that hurt the show.
    I donít think there is an argument against that or the many issues the two seasons had.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But let me ask you this- say, for the sake of argument, that Felicity had just remained the team's tech person, and she did not have a relationship with Oliver other than friendship. And say that they had done what I believe the original plan was and paired Oliver with Laurel. Do you think it would have been a better show then?
    Thatís a hard question to ask, maybe or maybe not I think if they just switched everything Felicity did to Laurel it would have still been a bad show, regardless of who the female was. I think thatís the main problem for me it has always been Guggyís writing and shilling of the character. Iím sure Felicity written by someone else without Guggy maybe I wouldnít feel this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Honestly, I think Oliver and Laurel never had any kind of chemistry whatsoever.

    Oliver and Sara, that could have been a good pairing as an alternative to Felicity.
    I like Sara more than Laurel because of the Canary handling but I think there was possibility that had she stayed alive then they could have done something in Season 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how much Olicity drama dragged down the seasons you mentioned, I don't think it would have been a negative.

    I'm not saying the Oliver/Laurel relationship was perfect, although I think part of that is how they wrote Laurel and how they kept continually screwing up the whole Black Canary storyline across the entire series.

    But, personally, I don't think Stephen and Emily had much more chemistry as a romantic couple by comparison.
    So basically the issue seems to be the writing well at least we all agree on something my OTP is Oliver\Sara.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Personally I have no issues with films and TV pairing superheroes outside of their traditional pairings I liked Ollie and Chloe on Smallville and thought Ollie and Felicity made most sense on Arrow. Felicity also was a good character but she also ground zero of what is the biggest problem with Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash.

    That problem is the supporting cast became as important if not more important than the title character. Smallville had a lot of issues but even with Clana, Clois, and his team of support like Chloe, Ollie, and Tess in later seasons the show never stopped being about him first and foremost. You could never take Clark out to Smallville and still have the show work. You could remove Ollie and Arrow would still work, same for Flash just promote Wally and keep Team Flash, and even Supergirl you might need to change the name of the show but the show could continue without her and be about the DEO and never miss a beat and that's those shows biggest issues and it really did start with Olicity and it taking over Arrow.
    Thank you, Thank You Thank you, thatís is my problem, the supporting characters get plot armor where the main characters have to suffer over and over again.
    Truth is the best policy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •