Page 592 of 598 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592593594595596 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Green Arrow and the Canaries episode was alright. And I expected things to change in the future timeline. Didn't expect Mia and JJ to be a couple (and get engaged), but that's time travel shenanigans for ya. And it all can't be pinned on Barry, for once. The teamwork between the two Black Canaries was pretty cool too. Dinah having the more middle ground role, and Laurel the "no BS" role, works pretty well. And mentoring/helping out Mia worked out fairly well, overall. Also good to see the siblings got to be raised together as well.

Astonishing Member

The episode was ok but I'm not excited about the future angle. Do we get to see middle aged Flash with a pot belly and cranky old Supergirl?

I imagine if this show gets picked up, the "vigilantes only stir up more trouble" argument will be brought up a lot since they're saying everything was relatively great until Mia and the Canaries showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The episode was ok but I'm not excited about the future angle. Do we get to see middle aged Flash with a pot belly and cranky old Supergirl?
    That would be fun to see, but I can also see them pulling a Batman Beyond and be mostly vague about how everyone turned out.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-23-2020 at 12:05 PM.

I can't help but keep comparing this to the Birds of Prey, with three kick-butt women fighting crime, and Black Canary. We even had a Bertinelli involvement too. So Helena married a black guy, apparently? But now she's vanished.

It took us this long to get a Green Arrow who's visibly blonde, rich, and...potentially more quippy then Ollie was? Maybe Mia will also be a tough-talking liberal too .

Compared to the direction they've taken Dinah as a singer in the comics, that was a pretty tame depiction of it.

Dinah doesn't exist on the Post-Crisis Earth? What does that mean? Merging the Earths and making Earth-2 Laurel Earth-Prime Laurel meant there didn't need to be two Black Canaries so Dinah was written out? I guess the one good thing she got out of it was her Canary Cry back.

I guess in the end, Oliver succeeded. He was able to create a Star City that could remain at peace and crime-free for 20 years, and got to let his kids grow up together and in relative safety.

Is it just me, or does JJ look kind of like Diaz? I only noticed that in the scene where they first reveal it's him. And with a goatee Connor looks more like Bronze Tiger.

Crisis kind of reversed the situation of the Diggles. JJ is now a successful and upright art gallery owner, and Mia's lover and fiance, while Connor is apparently in and out of rehab with issues of violence. I guess I'm glad JJ turned out right, but I feel bad for Connor. Looks like Connor also went into the military like their dad did. And where's Baby Sara?

"The Fishnet." We're never going to see either lady in fishnets, are we ?

Yes, I'm sure being a police captain totally explains Dinah knowing a thing or two about tech, hacking, and being the team's new Felicity .

William was getting calls about possibly being The Green Arrow, but how long before people realize the new Green Arrow is a woman and blonde? Just like Oliver Queen's daughter?

I was hoping they'd build a Green Arrow statue for Oliver's grave, although I find it funny his tribute in the Hall of Justice used his final costume while the statue uses what looks like his season 5-7 costume. With a much more prominent beard.

So the proposed Big Bad of the spinoff is a woman, and it seems like part of their goal is restoring people's Pre-Crisis memories? Unless that figure at the end was someone else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't help but keep comparing this to the Birds of Prey, with three kick-butt women fighting crime, and Black Canary. We even had a Bertinelli involvement too. So Helena married a black guy, apparently? But now she's vanished.
    ???

They said she adopted her daughter, they didn't say anything about marrying someone and then adopting her new husband's daughter.

Dinah doesn't exist on the Post-Crisis Earth? What does that mean? Merging the Earths and making Earth-2 Laurel Earth-Prime Laurel meant there didn't need to be two Black Canaries so Dinah was written out? I guess the one good thing she got out of it was her Canary Cry back.
    I took it to the mean the other Dinah(s?) simply weren't anyone too important. Given all "our" Dinah has been through I can see it messing with her head a bit.

Crisis kind of reversed the situation of the Diggles. JJ is now a successful and upright art gallery owner, and Mia's lover and fiance, while Connor is apparently in and out of rehab with issues of violence. I guess I'm glad JJ turned out right, but I feel bad for Connor. Looks like Connor also went into the military like their dad did. And where's Baby Sara?
    Around, I'd imagine. But ironically, it seems minus Sara, Connor and JJ became the people we saw pre-crisis, and plus Sara they became the people we saw post-Crisis. Seems like Sara became the buffer Connor was and in turn Connor was the one who got neglected, not JJ. Three's a crowd after all.

So the proposed Big Bad of the spinoff is a woman, and it seems like part of their goal is restoring people's Pre-Crisis memories? Unless that figure at the end was someone else entirely.
    Miss Martian? *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Green Arrow and the Canaries episode was alright. And I expected things to change in the future timeline. Didn't expect Mia and JJ to be a couple (and get engaged), but that's time travel shenanigans for ya. And it all can't be pinned on Barry, for once. The teamwork between the two Black Canaries was pretty cool too. Dinah having the more middle ground role, and Laurel the "no BS" role, works pretty well. And mentoring/helping out Mia worked out fairly well, overall. Also good to see the siblings got to be raised together as well.
    I actually did expect Mia and JJ to be an item, but I wasn't expecting Emo Connor. I'm expecting the inevitable love triangle, with one of them dying at the end of the first season, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Actually, they could probably play Kara as the same age, with probably a new costume. Just say Kryptonians age slower than humans.

I can't help but keep comparing this to the Birds of Prey, with three kick-butt women fighting crime, and Black Canary.
    And their base is a clocktower. Though I do wonder if they will end up in the bunker before long.

Except she did. She was running coms while the other heroes were fighting the Anti Monitor. She said she woke up in the future the day after Oliver's funeral, and at that point she had never existed. Which means someone (or someTHING) brought her to 2040, then went and erased any digital trace of her existence.

"The Fishnet." We're never going to see either lady in fishnets, are we ?
    No. They want realistic costumes that act as protection in fights, and there is just no way the fishnets make sense. At most, they've tried to incorporate fishnets into the costumes in subtle ways.

William was getting calls about possibly being The Green Arrow, but how long before people realize the new Green Arrow is a woman and blonde? Just like Oliver Queen's daughter?
    I'm wondering how long it is until William and Zoe get their memories back. And I wonder if the kidnapping we saw is an echo of when Oliver got kidnapped when he came back that first episode.

I was hoping they'd build a Green Arrow statue for Oliver's grave, although I find it funny his tribute in the Hall of Justice used his final costume while the statue uses what looks like his season 5-7 costume. With a much more prominent beard.
    At least it looks better than the Black Canary statue looked.

Can I say that I kind of hate that? I mean seriously, has STAR Lab's security not improved AT ALL in 20 years? It's one thing for Laurel to have that memory restoration plot device, but now the bad guys have the same device?

Incredible Member

Wait, I thought Green Arrow and the Canaries was already on development, just like Superman and Lois. Is not something official yet?

Stephen Amell was on Michale Rosenbaums podcast "Inside of you" if your a fan its interesting. He has panic attack on the podcasts and has to come back to finish it another day. But hes real candid and emotional. Says season 8 was for the money. But yea a real intersting podcast.

I just realized Rene is still the mayor, so if this goes to series he can still be part of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ???

They said she adopted her daughter, they didn't say anything about marrying someone and then adopting her new husband's daughter.
    Oh. Must have missed the adoption angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I actually did expect Mia and JJ to be an item, but I wasn't expecting Emo Connor. I'm expecting the inevitable love triangle, with one of them dying at the end of the first season, though.
    Mia's actress already confirmed a plan for one, as I recall.
    Actually, they could probably play Kara as the same age, with probably a new costume. Just say Kryptonians age slower than humans.
    Yeah, Superman still looks like he's in his 20's when he's as old as Cat Grant and Luthor and they're closer to their late 40's/50's.
    And their base is a clocktower. Though I do wonder if they will end up in the bunker before long.
    I wonder what they did with the Arrowcave. Did it get turned into that Vigilante Museum?
    Except she did. She was running coms while the other heroes were fighting the Anti Monitor. She said she woke up in the future the day after Oliver's funeral, and at that point she had never existed. Which means someone (or someTHING) brought her to 2040, then went and erased any digital trace of her existence.
    I guess that's one way of explaining why Dinah and Laurel still look the same without the need for old lady makeup.

Maybe it was her first husband trying to get revenge. I can't think they'd mention she was married at 21 and not go into it.
    No. They want realistic costumes that act as protection in fights, and there is just no way the fishnets make sense. At most, they've tried to incorporate fishnets into the costumes in subtle ways.
    I'm not even expecting it for their costumes by this point, I'd just like to see them wearing them at least once.
    I'm wondering how long it is until William and Zoe get their memories back. And I wonder if the kidnapping we saw is an echo of when Oliver got kidnapped when he came back that first episode.
    Zoe I can see them doing to mine drama from her remembering JJ killed her, so she might lean more towards him being a bad guy, but the only purpose I can see making William remember is if it makes him more pro-Mia being a vigilante.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Wait, I thought Green Arrow and the Canaries was already on development, just like Superman and Lois. Is not something official yet?
    I don't think it's super official, but they seem to be really pushing for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Stephen Amell was on Michale Rosenbaums podcast "Inside of you" if your a fan its interesting. He has panic attack on the podcasts and has to come back to finish it another day. But hes real candid and emotional. Says season 8 was for the money. But yea a real intersting podcast.
    I hope Amell is okay.

I just realized Rene is still the mayor, so if this goes to series he can still be part of the show.

Oh. Must have missed the adoption angle.

Mia's actress already confirmed a plan for one, as I recall.

Yeah, Superman still looks like he's in his 20's when he's as old as Cat Grant and Luthor and they're closer to their late 40's/50's.

I wonder what they did with the Arrowcave. Did it get turned into that Vigilante Museum?

I guess that's one way of explaining why Dinah and Laurel still look the same without the need for old lady makeup.

Maybe it was her first husband trying to get revenge. I can't think they'd mention she was married at 21 and not go into it.

I'm not even expecting it for their costumes by this point, I'd just like to see them wearing them at least once.

Zoe I can see them doing to mine drama from her remembering JJ killed her, so she might lean more towards him being a bad guy, but the only purpose I can see making William remember is if it makes him more pro-Mia being a vigilante.

I don't think it's super official, but they seem to be really pushing for it.

I hope Amell is okay.
    He is, the 2nd part of the interview takes place weeks after he had to walk out from a panic attack. He sounded way better and seem real excited about his new tv show Heels on Stars.

He talks about depression and says he didnt work out at all for the last year of Arrow. Havent seen all the episodes but I guess it's the first season where he keeps his shirt on.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-24-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

So on the new Earth Prime, they know Oliver died in Crisis, correct? But only the Paragons and the ones Martian Manhunter gave their memories back know what that actually involved.

Anyway I'd be curious to know if Oliver's life played out really differently in this new timeline, but somehow he still ended up dying in Crisis the same way? Oh well. That's always been a major point of confusion about the original COIE. Everyone knows Barry died in a Crisis but only Psycho Pirate and Animal Man know what really happened. And somehow Barry's death has to line up with a world where he never had to cross over to another universe to meet Jay Garrick...

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    So on the new Earth Prime, they know Oliver died in Crisis, correct? But only the Paragons and the ones Martian Manhunter gave their memories back know what that actually involved.

Anyway I'd be curious to know if Oliver's life played out really differently in this new timeline, but somehow he still ended up dying in Crisis the same way? Oh well. That's always been a major point of confusion about the original COIE. Everyone knows Barry died in a Crisis but only Psycho Pirate and Animal Man know what really happened. And somehow Barry's death has to line up with a world where he never had to cross over to another universe to meet Jay Garrick...
    If the guest stars for the final episode is any indication, the timeline has certainly changed a lot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Can I say that I kind of hate that? I mean seriously, has STAR Lab's security not improved AT ALL in 20 years? It's one thing for Laurel to have that memory restoration plot device, but now the bad guys have the same device?
    Alternatively, the woman at the end who "wakes" JJ WAS Laurel. Either as a villain, or as part of some misguided scheme to make sure Mia's head is in the right place.

Is it likely? No, probably not. But we know she had the ring tech, and a voice changer is pretty much classic Arrow tech. I could see that being a big twist, that Laurel has been manipulating events to force Mia to focus on being Green Arrow.

Probably not long, but I expect by episode 5 or so, Mia will have to appear at the same time as Green Arrow (who will be, what, Dinah or Laurel in disguise?). If Oliver and Kate had to do it, no reason Mia gets away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Alternatively, the woman at the end who "wakes" JJ WAS Laurel. Either as a villain, or as part of some misguided scheme to make sure Mia's head is in the right place.

Is it likely? No, probably not. But we know she had the ring tech, and a voice changer is pretty much classic Arrow tech. I could see that being a big twist, that Laurel has been manipulating events to force Mia to focus on being Green Arrow.
    Even if it isn't Laurel, I can see the person waking people up to have good intentions. I don't know why she waited 20 years, but maybe she ended up losing something important to her, and she's just trying to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Probably not long, but I expect by episode 5 or so, Mia will have to appear at the same time as Green Arrow (who will be, what, Dinah or Laurel in disguise?). If Oliver and Kate had to do it, no reason Mia gets away from it.
    They'd probably have to do it from far away so people don't see the obvious physical differences. The only person who could pull it off and is close to Mia's build is Thea.
    Even if it isn't Laurel, I can see the person waking people up to have good intentions. I don't know why she waited 20 years, but maybe she ended up losing something important to her, and she's just trying to get it back.
    Maybe whoever it was got their Pre-Crisis memories back very recently...