Page 485 of 598 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Well at least Cayden is gone. One of the most boring villains ever.

This is the first time William has annoyed me...which is probably some sort of record since I haven't had a problem with him since he became a regular.

Moving on...I actually LOVED the final scene (derp, next to final scene I should say). No Laurel can't be redeemed, but, she did something you never should do: give the hopeless hope. It felt like turnabout to me, that she underestimated how far Quentin will go. The stalker becoming the stalked. Or, well, the kidnapped. I'm not saying we're getting the Arrow version of "Misery" here but...Quentin does seem like he has [finally] snapped.

Laurel murdered someone. She lost the chance at redemption. Quentin is a fool.
    The end of James felt very anti-climatic to me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Can't they kill off WhineDog? His "I still feel hurt" attitude is really annoying.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Can't they kill off WhineDog? His "I still feel hurt" attitude is really annoying.
    co-sign. God I am so tired of the dick recruits thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    co-sign. God I am so tired of the dick recruits thing.
    They are even trying to do their damnedest to make Curtis unlikable. I liked him a lot better when he was the nerdy goofball.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Yeah, he's the one who ratted Oliver out. (Still, I'm against killing him (or any of ex-team Arrow).)

Sandy Hausler

Retired

ARROW too often does things for reasons of plot that undercut the character development and the natural chemistry the actors have going for them.

Wild Dog is just one case in point. In season 5, I really enjoyed the scenes between Rene and Quentin and both characters gained from that interaction. But all of that was thrown away by the plot, to have Wild Dog betray the team. Thus Rene is no longer at City Hall working with Quentin and whole story lines have fallen by the wayside--Rene did this to get access to his daughter, but we don't see him with his daughter and that was something that had involved Lance.

This would be fair, if the plots were such great pieces of work that it was worth sacrificing the characters to get a monumental pay-off. But these are tired recycled plots--not worth forfeiting character development and acting talent.

Astonishing Member

Oh Cayden, I miss him already. I liked that unlike other prior villain he wasn't a physical danger but those around him were.

As for Diaz. *shrug* Was he a prior character in the show? I really don't even remember what his connection or animosity is with Team Arrow at this point.

I don't know where the show is going with the whole Quentin and Black Siren story. It's already a narrative oddity. And wasn't she not even depowered when in the car I didn't notice any inhibitor on her? Guess she doesn't want to sonic scream out. And is it kidnapping if she's your daughter AND someone who legally doesn't exist in your universe? Maybe we'll find out.

I was surprised that Anatoly wasn't the one behind everything but I guess the creators would rather keep him around to be Ollie's frenemy at this point. So since Black Siren is just muscle I guess I should've seen it being Diaz coming. But eh.

And yeah...next episode the recruits are going to fight Ollie? Really? Even Wild Dog and Mr. Terrific pointed out they were not having luck with getting Dinah to relax and...they're going to side with her? I mean she all but said she'd be fine with killing them if they got in the way of Black Siren.

And yeah...the Recruits need to get over themselves already. If they want to stay separate, do so. Don't repeat it every time you need to work with Ollie. You're not 5 and trying to get attention.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    As for Diaz. *shrug* Was he a prior character in the show? I really don't even remember what his connection or animosity is with Team Arrow at this point.
    Diaz is a character that was introduced this season. His only connection to Team Arrow is being Diggle's supplier when he was using a super steroid to keep his nerve damage in check.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Dragon doesn't have any animosity towards Team Arrow, at least not yet. He was just against them before because he was alligned with James. He will get his hate boner for them once they start messing with his plans going forward. It will be interested to see if he teams up or battles against the upcoming League of Assassins chick and whatever revengey plans she has.

I for one liked the episode. I also thought Cayden was presented as quite tragic in the end.

As for the recruits, yeah, Rene can go to hell. Curtis, I still like.
    And Dinah, despite her current attitude I still feel for her. And I think it's downright disturbing how many people call for her death and Black Siren's redemption, given all the stuff the latter did. Speaking of it, Quentin's sanity seems to be slipping more and more.

As for Diaz, nice twist, but I hope his character will be developed more starting tonight. He has really been the most unremarkable one of the Cabal so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Cayden James sure did choose the wrong villains to enter an alliance with.
    Anatoly didnt do anything wrong- Diaz may have killed his son and Laurel was Borderline Suicidal at the time of Confronting Cayden and possibly being redeemed but Anatoly didnt do anything against him

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I for one liked the episode. I also thought Cayden was presented as quite tragic in the end.
    Sorry, I can't find anything tragic in a man who killed dozens of people. People who were also sons, and fathers and daughters and mothers... He was a demented monster who deserved worse.

Diaz and Laurel should also pay dearly for their crimes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

So if James gave Oliver the bank numbers so he could get back all Star City's money--then Anatoly ended up with bupkis.

What was it all for Anatoly? What was it all for?