Page 525 of 598 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Stephen Amell is saying that there is a big announcement coming Monday, and rumor has it that he'll announce that Season 7 will be the last. Anybody else hearing that?
    I doubt that they would announce it's the final season, but there's a chance it could be. They'll probably look at the numbers in the second half of the season and decide then. However, I wonder about the Batwoman thing. This could be some kind of combo of what they did with Legends of Tomorrow and Flash--seeding in characters on the other shows and giving them a back door pilot.

A pilot for what? Maybe Birds of Prey or maybe Batwoman. They have Black Canary and a few other birds--with Batwoman that gives them an anchor for a new TV show. One that could either be added to the others, or replace one of the others.

Unfortunately, this means that if they canned ARROW, Felcitiy could still continue as Oracle on a Birds of Prey type of series. Every silver lining has a cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Stephen Amell is saying that there is a big announcement coming Monday, and rumor has it that he'll announce that Season 7 will be the last. Anybody else hearing that?
    It's probably something to do with his wine biz. I'd love him to say this is the last season. It needs to die.

I saw he had to hold the announcement off for a day or two so I don't think it has anything to do with Arrow.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Felcitiy could still continue as Oracle on a Birds of Prey type of series.
    Why do you hate us?

Retired

I seem to have typing dyslexia--because when I go over my posts, I usually find I've switched a lot of the letters. So in my last post I did that with Felicity. Normally I catch these mistakes after I've posted and then go back and edit them to fix the errors. But I couldn't be bothered to fix Felicity's name. Sorry to Emily Bett Rickards who seems like a nice person--and was good in the first two seasons--but I wish they had got rid of the character a long time ago.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Why do you hate us?
    If Felicity had served Arrow as its Oracle and nothing more, her character and the show itself would have been that much better, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I seem to have typing dyslexia--because when I go over my posts, I usually find I've switched a lot of the letters. So in my last post I did that with Felicity. Normally I catch these mistakes after I've posted and then go back and edit them to fix the errors. But I couldn't be bothered to fix Felicity's name. Sorry to Emily Bett Rickards who seems like a nice person--and was good in the first two seasons--but I wish they had got rid of the character a long time ago.
    Oh I hate Felicity. I was asking why you hated us in reference to any scenario that leaves her character in the Arrowverse, post Arrow.

I definitely don't want that to happen.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If Felicity had served Arrow as its Oracle and nothing more, her character and the show itself would have been that much better, IMO.
    I think I've hit my limit with the hacker people who hammer away randomly at keyboards as if that does anything. Granted it's better than Angela on BONES who just had a touch pad she'd scroll through and somehow that performed miracles.

So even a Felicity that just types is kind of annoying. It's really the opposite of an action adventure--sitting in front of a keyboard is what I do when I passively watch the show. I want to see characters that are physically involved in the action.

I think I've hit my limit with the hacker people who hammer away randomly at keyboards as if that does anything. Granted it's better than Angela on BONES who just had a touch pad she'd scroll through and somehow that performed miracles.

So even a Felicity that just types is kind of annoying. It's really the opposite of an action adventure--sitting in front of a keyboard is what I do when I passively watch the show. I want to see characters that are physically involved in the action.
    It's interesting how characters have interacted with computers through the years. On shows like Twilight Zone and Batman the character would talk to the computer and the computer would spit out the answer on a piece of paper.
    Then we got to Star Trek and Wonder Woman where people would talk to the computer and the computer would talk back. Lately it's just pound on a keyboard and look at the answer on a screen but Legends of Tomorrow seems
    to be going back to the computer talking back.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's interesting how characters have interacted with computers through the years. On shows like Twilight Zone and Batman the character would talk to the computer and the computer would spit out the answer on a piece of paper.
    Then we got to Star Trek and Wonder Woman where people would talk to the computer and the computer would talk back. Lately it's just pound on a keyboard and look at the answer on a screen but Legends of Tomorrow seems
    to be going back to the computer talking back.
    I grew up with fictional computers, either from the present or the future, having flashing lights. By the '80s, that started to die out since enough people had a Commodore 64 or an Apple computer.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I dunno, I think her Oracle role has slowly become an issue unto itself at least as far as all the ever increasingly implausible stuff she's been able to hack and go into, and how vital it's been made to Oliver as Green Arrow.

I think the Arrowverse has pretty much killed my interest in super-hacker types.

Retired

What's with all the flashing lights on computers. It was ubiquitous in the 1960s but even now you see computers in the background blinking in random sequence. I did computing all through highschool in the 1970s and during that time, each year saw a new improvement in programming, but blinking lights were never involved.

I think Gideon is the best solution--but I suppose it costs money to do that. However, it makes the interaction with technology much more dramatic--and that's the main goal in a drama. Barry Allen just needs to invent the first prototype--which could be cheaper and doesn't use Morena Baccarin's or Amy Louise Pemberton's voice. Just have Candice Patton do the voice and save on the payroll.

I think Gideon is the best solution--but I suppose it costs money to do that. However, it makes the interaction with technology much more dramatic--and that's the main goal in a drama. Barry Allen just needs to invent the first prototype--which could be cheaper and doesn't use Morena Baccarin's or Amy Louise Pemberton's voice. Just have Candice Patton do the voice and save on the payroll.
    "We're not just The Flash, we're also Gideon" .

I grew up with fictional computers, either from the present or the future, having flashing lights. By the '80s, that started to die out since enough people had a Commodore 64 or an Apple computer.
    Until people in real life started owning computers, that's what a TV computer was, a wall of flashing lights and reel to reel tape recorders furiously spinning about. The 2nd and 3rd season Wonder Woman TV series was a
    great example of that. In fact there was even a desktop monitor. But instead of showing a picture or even just text, the screen even had flashing light. Now with things like Siri I guess it is time for talking computers like
    Gideon to make a come-back. Might not see something like that on Arrow though. It would take dialogue away from Felicity. She's basically their talking computer.

I always enjoyed the little lip service they gave to her being able to do that: "Oh, I programmed it to make the exact indentation that a man of 240 lbs would make it he sat on it from this angle. I got my degree in Computer Science, remember?" The fact that she wasn't lauded as a genius (or, a magician, really) always dumbfounded me.

As far as Felicity goes, I find the reactions to her much more interesting than her actual character. I've learned to accept Felicity typing in front of a computer just like I've accepted Garcia from Criminal Minds doing the same thing. To be honest, those two are very similiar: Blond, quirky, perky, snarky, glasses, hackers with moral guidelines, colorful clothes, etc.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York