Page 452 of 598 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    John usually calls Oliver out on his bull, but I guess that nerve damage has him distracted. While I can understand why Diggle is a good choice to step in as the Green Arrow, he and Oliver are in the same situation. It's even more dangerous for Diggle's son, John Jr. He's younger than William, Lyla and John are the only parents he's ever known. He has a stronger bond with them than Wiliam has with Oliver--William just learned that this guy is his father. Lyla and John are both risking their lives all the time. What's going to happen to John Jr. if they die? It's unfair of Oliver to ask Diggle to make that sacrifice--a sacrifice he doesn't want to make for his own son.
    Good point. John should have mentioned John Jr both because of the reasons you said and to again distract from having to tell about the nerve damage. But right now John wants to prove (to himself) that he's not helpless in spite of evidence to the contrary so he's being a bit reckless.

And even if Diggle didn't have the nerve damage, he's hardly skilled at archery to the level where he can become the Green Arrow. Maybe their friends at STAR labs could come up with something. Or Felicity--she should be in a wheel chair yet she has full function. Diggle could be Star City's version of Iron Man, given all the tech they have.
    I forgot about that, if he would just TELL THE TEAM Felicity and/or Curtis could whip up a version of that chip for his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, between being a vigilante, a mayor, and being a father something was probably going to have to give.

That being said, Diggle's condition being what it is, we all know Ollie is going to have to suit up again sooner rather then later.
    Following the youtuber EmergencyAwesome, that part will be addressed down the line. More than that, I know nothing.

But really cool with the Bruce Wayne name drop. Its the most direct they've ever addressed him. Though, still merely the latest in a long series of Easter Eggs. Flash Season 1 had the newspaper from the future with the Queen/WayneTech merger. And the upcoming Titans series has Dick Greyson in it, which means the big Bat in the room will be addressed there at least. If off screen. I know that some of the characters on Gotham, especially David Mazouz (Bruce Wayne) would love to do a crossover with the Arrowverse. But being on Fox...

But that ending scene? I was practically yelling at Diggle to tell Ollie about his tremor. If Oliver had asked him to look after his son should anything happen to him, I would have been far happier with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Good point. John should have mentioned John Jr both because of the reasons you said and to again distract from having to tell about the nerve damage. But right now John wants to prove (to himself) that he's not helpless in spite of evidence to the contrary so he's being a bit reckless.
    I guess there's also the fact that, whatever happens to John, Jr. still has Lyla.

If William loses Oliver he's basically an orphan.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I guess there's also the fact that, whatever happens to John, Jr. still has Lyla.

If William loses Oliver he's basically an orphan.
    He'll have Thea wouldn't he? She'll wake from her coma eventually, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He'll have Thea wouldn't he? She'll wake from her coma eventually, right?
    Well, she probably will, but so far she's been in it for five months and it doesn't look like she's getting any better.

Retired

They said something about William possibly going to live with his grandparents. Which would probably be the best thing for him, as I would guess they've been in his life since he was born and they could provide the kind of loving home that Oliver can't--and we all know Oliver is going to ditch the kid as soon as it becomes covenient to the plot.

There is nowhere safe for William on this Earth. I remember at the time Oliver made it a point not to know where William and Samantha was, but his enemies STILL found out the information. I don't see how that would change with William living with his grandparents.

However, if they really want to get rid of William in a way where he won't be a plot point down the line, have a cameo with Cisco where he opens a breach to either Kara's world or Earth 2. Though I think he'd be safer on Kara's Earth. Have the grandparents raise him there, and short of a villain making Cisco open a breach there (after said villain finds out alternate realities even exist and that Cisco can access them), 100% safe.

The only exception I can think of would be Black Siren. She could figure it out, but I don't think she's familiar with Kara's earth or that it exists, just that William if he disappears is now in an alternate universe since she herself is from one.

Heck depending on how the 4-way crossover goes...this could actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    There is nowhere safe for William on this Earth. I remember at the time Oliver made it a point not to know where William and Samantha was, but his enemies STILL found out the information. I don't see how that would change with William living with his grandparents.

However, if they really want to get rid of William in a way where he won't be a plot point down the line, have a cameo with Cisco where he opens a breach to either Kara's world or Earth 2. Though I think he'd be safer on Kara's Earth. Have the grandparents raise him there, and short of a villain making Cisco open a breach there (after said villain finds out alternate realities even exist and that Cisco can access them), 100% safe.

The only exception I can think of would be Black Siren. She could figure it out, but I don't think she's familiar with Kara's earth or that it exists, just that William if he disappears is now in an alternate universe since she herself is from one.

Heck depending on how the 4-way crossover goes...this could actually happen.
    I don't think Siren even knows how to get back to her Earth without Zoom or either Barry and Cisco getting her there.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes, Ollie having a kid is growth because it changes the dynamic. Things can't be the same with Ollie being a single father of a pre-teen son. He can't give his undivided attention to crime fighting like he did in season 3 & 4, There will be times where he will have to prioritize his son over everything else (The final scene of the current episode shows that even if Ollie is being a dick about it). You can argue if this change is for the better but I prefer this over the show becoming stagnant like Smallville.
    I don't argue against it being a change in the dynamic, i just don't think a change necessary means it's growth. Yeah, it changes the dynamic but is that change growth in the series direction. I'm not so sure about that. This might come down to preference though, it's not what i'm wanting or looking for from Arrow and so i'm not going to see it as growth. I think oftentimes a series relies on this as a crutch because it's familiar in the real world that people go from point a to point b in a certain way as society deems "normal". I don't really need this sort of realism in my series as a sign of growth or progression. The relationship doesn't necessarily have to go through the typical steps of now we're at the proposal stage, now we're at the marriage stage, now we have kids. That might give a feeling or perception of growth and progression but i feel it's more rooted in an idealized realistic perception. It's not stagnation to avoid such a path in my view.

I think there were still a lot of adventures to be had without Oliver/Felicity getting together, without Oliver being a dad, without Thea being in a coma, without Zelenka (he'll always be Zelenka to me) becoming an enemy, etc.

Just my preference though in not agreeing with some of the changes to this series direction. In another series i might be okay with it, just depends on a case by case basis.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-20-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

YES! The "What does everyone do for income" question is brought up! Now I've got a different one...do Oliver and William live in some kind of windowless bunker?

I'm glad they didn't use PTSD for Dig but instead it's a bit of shrapnel that messed him up. Still, Team Arrow was supposed to have gotten over their trust issues, and there's no reason for him to keep such a huge thing a secret.

Anatoly is one of the best recurring characters on this show. I love his history with him and Oliver and that they are now at odds.

Yeah. I was thinking they would keep her hands clean, so she can be redeemed. But killing those cops was her Raskolnikov moment. It wouldn't seem right if she was forgiven for that crime (not without severe punishment). But maybe if we don't see the deaths or have a connection to the victims, we're not supposed to care. Some writers have different moral codes for their fiction.
    That's how I felt we were supposed to interpret it. As long as Black Siren doesn't, on screen, murder one of the good guys, there's still chance for redemption.

I'm surprised Oliver didn't turn to Lyla to try and get Argus to get the FBI to back-off on their investigation. Argus seems like the bigger government agency and the Green Arrow has helped with national security on numerous occasions, so you'd think they could help in at least some way.
    I was waiting for that, and I'm glad it didn't come. It's possible Argus and the FBI just try not to step on each other's toes. Not that Argus has more governmental power, but they handle bigger problems so they may seem more powerful than the FBI. I like this Watson agent, and I'm hoping they don't cop out on her story since she's going to continue her investigation. Hopefully she won't get conveniently killed or something. Maybe she discovers the whole truth and decides not to blow the lid on Oliver because Star City needs both the Green Arrow and Mayor Queen?

I noticed all the symbols this time at the start of the show and I wondered if this is supposed to indicate that ARROW is really an ensemble show. I know FLASH and SUPERGIRL try to be, but they don't succeed. Whereas, I think ARROW does a good job with the other story lines and I'd like them to give all the major characters equal time, to develop those plots. Sometimes, I'm much more interested in the Rene, Quentin and Diggle plots than I am in the Oliver or Felicity plots. That would be a way to keep me watching the series.
    The new intro is cool. I'm wondering if this is a sign in the change of direction in the show. No more flashbacks because now there are so many series regulars that they can carry their own subplots every episode.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Following the youtuber EmergencyAwesome, that part will be addressed down the line. More than that, I know nothing.

But really cool with the Bruce Wayne name drop. Its the most direct they've ever addressed him. Though, still merely the latest in a long series of Easter Eggs. Flash Season 1 had the newspaper from the future with the Queen/WayneTech merger. And the upcoming Titans series has Dick Greyson in it, which means the big Bat in the room will be addressed there at least. If off screen. I know that some of the characters on Gotham, especially David Mazouz (Bruce Wayne) would love to do a crossover with the Arrowverse. But being on Fox...

But that ending scene? I was practically yelling at Diggle to tell Ollie about his tremor. If Oliver had asked him to look after his son should anything happen to him, I would have been far happier with that.
    Don't forget the flash of Harley when season 2 did Suicide Squad.

There have been Green Lantern references. A Ferris Air pilot vanished, and there's been an appearance of Hal's iconic flight jacket.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    YES! The "What does everyone do for income" question is brought up! Now I've got a different one...do Oliver and William live in some kind of windowless bunker?

The new intro is cool. I'm wondering if this is a sign in the change of direction in the show. No more flashbacks because now there are so many series regulars that they can carry their own subplots every episode.
    The income question really needs to be asked on Flash, because only Barry and Joe seem to hold down a regular non-Star Labs job anymore, on screen at least. Thawne!Well's inheritance to Barry can't have lasted anymore with how much Team Flash must be spending.

The logo has symbols for all the team, like Legends of Tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    At this point in the Arroverse, all we know is there is a Bruce Wayne who is rich and lives in Gotham. For all we know, he may just be a playboy billionaire and nothing more.
    Actually, do we even know that much? Oliver could have been referencing Bruce Wayne the way a real world politician might if accused of sneaking around. It could have been a sarcastic "You might as well accuse me of being a comic book character like Batman or Iron Man if you believe I could be Green Arrow"

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Diggle you idiot! Go to a doctor about that shrapnel already.
    Or just pull a James Bond and dig that **** out yourself

Ollie seems to forget that Diggle has a son. Either that or he's a jerk.

I like that Felicity and Curtis talked about money problems and what everybody is doing to get by. That addresses questions people had about LEGENDS.
    Yeah, but Dig's son has a mom. Oliver's doesn't.

and did Felicity say she was broke? They were talking so damn fast I couldn't understand what they were saying.

So is Arrow

I'm surprised Oliver didn't turn to Lyla to try and get Argus to get the FBI to back-off on their investigation. Argus seems like the bigger government agency and the Green Arrow has helped with national security on numerous occasions, so you'd think they could help in at least some way.(.
    Or even better, he saved the world a year ago from an alien invasion and was commended by the President (in secret). Couldn't he just get in touch with the President's people and call in THAT marker?

I'm pretty sure that since William is a minor, Watson would need parental consent to interrogate him. And if Watson had tried it, Oliver could have had an army of lawyers descend upon her.

Something that just occured to me- Oliver asked John to be the Green Arrow, even though John has never really shown any skill with a bow. Also, when Oliver gave that public broadcast as the Green Arrow back in Season 4, it was clearly a white man under the hood. I think a missed opportunity here would have been to bring back Roy to BE the Green Arrow.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-23-2017 at 06:35 PM.