Page 493 of 598 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

My thoughts on the next episode- at the end, Thea is forced to go on the run from the New League of Assassins, and Roy goes with her. It sucks he only came back for two episodes.

Mighty Member

Wonder what type of security measures does Oliver and Felicity have on that hideout? Diaz could easily leak the location to the cops on his payroll.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I chuckled when Dinah was all 'well o-kay.....just this once...' and Oliver was like 'nah, bruh, we got this. Sit down.'

I'm hoping with Curtis telling Rene's kid what happened that when Rene comes back his daughter implores him to stop being a vigilante, he listens and just goes the **** away.

This show probably had the least New Team Arrow drama since the teams split and was so much more enjoyable because of it.

That auction is probably going to come back and bite Oliver sooner rather then later.

I'm surprised Quentin is so easily able to talk to Dinah again after she beat him up last episode, especially contrasted with Dinah's "don't talk to me" to Oliver at the police station.

It's nice to finally have Roy back, even if he really didn't get to do that much other then sit around as a hostage and get beat up. It was also good to see him and Thea back together and hopefully we get to see more of Roy interacting with Team Arrow again before he has to leave. I would also like to see him interact with some of New Team Arrow and maybe deal with what happened to Laurel and Black Siren.

Now that I think about it, did Lance ever learn that Roy was still alive? I remember way back in season 3 he blamed Oliver for Roy's faked death in prison.

Thea's return as Speedy was long overdo. It was just great watching her in-costume again and kicking-butt, without being mind-controlled or anything, and it's a shame that we'll probably only get a little more major Thea development before she and Roy finally leave the show...

You'd think by now everyone would realize that Oliver just can't stop being Green Arrow. Every time he's tried to quit or retire he ends up putting on that hood again, and Diggle's desire to be Green Arrow isn't going to change that.

We finally get to see that Diaz/Dragon knows how to fight, while still keeping him and Oliver away from a direct confrontation, so I wonder if they're prepping for a reveal that shows he's actually as good a fighter as Ollie is? Maybe even better?

How did Diaz set all this up? How does he have such extensive knowledge about the Green Arrow and his team when it seems like he's only been planning this for several months? I guess he's not that different from Prometheus in that respect, but Chase had years to formulate his plan for hurting Oliver.

So, uh...did Oliver and Diggle kill some of those thugs they were fighting? I mean, I assume Spartan is still firing blanks but Oliver straight up stabbed a guy in the gut with his arrow .

Is that it for Anatoly now that the SCPD have him, or will Diaz find a way to get him out of custody? I'm not sure if there's anything more they can do to show how far Anatoly has fallen from his days with Oliver in the flashbacks and how consumed he is with revenge against Ollie.

I thought Laurel turning on Diaz felt too easy, so I'm not surprised to see she's apparently working for him against Team Arrow, though who even knows whose side she's really on other then her own.

The League of Assassins? Again? Man, that group just won't die. Ah well, at least Nyssa is finally back...
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Okay, at this point Oliver has to make some kind of statement as Mayor about corruption in the police.
    I think he'll need more conclusive proof right now before he goes on the record about it. For now he just needs to figure out who he can trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Black Siren playing them like a fiddle--- at least for the time being--- is great. Hopefully, she has her own agenda and isn't just hanging with Diaz to replace the father she never had (which is quite a stupid motivation for taking glee in murder, but whatever)
    Honestly when Diaz was starting to talk to her I thought for a second he might end up becoming her next "father figure," though when he touched her hair it seemed to turn...oddly sexual.
    I can't wait for Nyssa to call Oliver "husband" in front of Felicity.
    That would just be perfect .
    Also- if you know there are cops on Diaz's payroll, why the hell do you leave him for the cops? Drop him off at the FBI!
    Maybe that's where Watson will come back (assuming she's not on Diaz's payroll).
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I chuckled when Dinah was all 'well o-kay.....just this once...' and Oliver was like 'nah, bruh, we got this. Sit down.'
    That was so satisfying, especially Dinah's reaction .
    I'm hoping with Curtis telling Rene's kid what happened that when Rene comes back his daughter implores him to stop being a vigilante, he listens and just goes the **** away.
    I'm wondering if Zoe even knew what her dad was doing on a nightly basis. That doesn't seem like the kind of thing he could just bring up naturally to your kid, and William had to forcibly learn about Oliver's vigilante career.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Diaz probably got his intel from Anatoli amongst others sources

Well, what do you know, Black Siren is still a bitch.
    I'm glad to see them not chicken out on it. She is a great villain. Seeing her suddenly switch sides would be terrible.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This show probably had the least New Team Arrow drama since the teams split and was so much more enjoyable because of it.
    100% agree. Best episode of the year so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Roy looks like he's aged more than two years. Nanda Parbat would not be such a bad place for him to retire with Thea. It's a healthy environment, hot springs, lush accomodations. I can't see any reason why Thea shouldn't claim her right as Ra's al Ghul.

I found this episode pretty dull with a lot of time-wasting scenes that never go anywhere. Thea and Roy were the highlight of the whole thing. And Laurel was pretty good. But I was just bored most of the time. And when I get bored I can't take the show seriously. There were several times where I started to notice just how ridiculous this all is.

It was pretty funny when Dragon tells his men no kill shots, but they're all armed with rapid fire assault weapons that can't be targeted so well. They're spraying the scene with bullets. How can they possibly ensure that one of the shots isn't going to hit a vital organ and kill an Arrow team member?

And by what logic did the police not lay a mark on Roy? His face was bloody. If he did show up in court, any medical examination would prove that he'd been harmed in custody.

But Roy did look fit as a fiddle in his final scene with Thea, so maybe he heals fast. Just like Laurel who seemed near death's door at the end of last episode, but had the time to give a press conference before getting medical attention this episode.

Now that I think about it, did Lance ever learn that Roy was still alive? I remember way back in season 3 he blamed Oliver for Roy's faked death in prison.
    I can't remember if they shared any scenes, but surely Lance found out when Roy came back in Season 4?

We finally get to see that Diaz/Dragon knows how to fight, while still keeping him and Oliver away from a direct confrontation, so I wonder if they're prepping for a reveal that shows he's actually as good a fighter as Ollie is? Maybe even better?
    Well, they got an episode coming up called 'Enter the Dragon', so we'll get a gauge on how good he is. The thing is, I can't see him being better than Oliver. At this point Oliver has been trained by Slade Wilson, Shado, Amanda Waller, Maseo, Antoli, Malcolm Merlyn, and Ra's al Ghul. The best offense Diaz will have against Oliver is his intelligence.

How did Diaz set all this up? How does he have such extensive knowledge about the Green Arrow and his team when it seems like he's only been planning this for several months? I guess he's not that different from Prometheus in that respect, but Chase had years to formulate his plan for hurting Oliver.
    My guess is that he targeted Star City because of all of the turmoil, then got a luck break when he was recruited by Caydon James. I'm betting that all of the intelligence he has on Oliver is all due to Caydon.

I thought Laurel turning on Diaz felt too easy, so I'm not surprised to see she's apparently working for him against Team Arrow, though who even knows whose side she's really on other then her own.
    Putting aside the question of her redemption, I'm hoping that she just fell back into the habit of working for a powerful man, but by the end of the Season she ends up doing her own thing- whether that is double crossing Diaz or screwing over both Diaz and Oliver for her own gain, or just straight up helping Oliver.

Retired

Both ARROW and BLACK LIGHTNING had a scene of the heavy fighting one of his underlings to show how tough he is. I was impressed by Whale's scene, because that was the actual actor doing most of the fighting (Tobias is hard to body double). But I never believed the scene with Dragon supposedly beating the guy--when they switched to the actual actor after the fight, he just didn't look that physically impressive to pull it off.

I felt the same way about the actor who played Ra's al Ghul in season 3. He looked too doughy to be the Demonhead. And then you have Stephen Amell who really looks like he can kick ass. I'm not buying this actor as Richard Dragon, Kung-Fu Fighter. And there's no way he'd stand a chance against Oliver Queen in a fair fight.

And you can take it from me because I was in ENTER THE DRAGON (well not me exactly but one of my alternate Earth counterparts).

I can't remember if they shared any scenes, but surely Lance found out when Roy came back in Season 4?
    I would've assumed the topic would come up when Lance started working with Team Arrow again and got over his hate-on for Oliver.
    Well, they got an episode coming up called 'Enter the Dragon', so we'll get a gauge on how good he is. The thing is, I can't see him being better than Oliver. At this point Oliver has been trained by Slade Wilson, Shado, Amanda Waller, Maseo, Antoli, Malcolm Merlyn, and Ra's al Ghul. The best offense Diaz will have against Oliver is his intelligence.
    True, but Diaz is based off Richard Dragon, one of the greatest martial artists in the DCU, so if they stay true to that in any sense then he should be Oliver's biggest physical challenge yet.

Which would be a nice contrast to Cayden being a more intellectual/tech challenge.
    My guess is that he targeted Star City because of all of the turmoil, then got a luck break when he was recruited by Caydon James. I'm betting that all of the intelligence he has on Oliver is all due to Caydon.
    I guess that's plausible.

I guess I just wonder how much of his plan he was able to set in motion pre-Cayden and how much of it he was only able to accomplish with Cayden.

True, but Diaz is based off Richard Dragon, one of the greatest martial artists in the DCU, so if they stay true to that in any sense then he should be Oliver's biggest physical challenge yet.
    I forget about that. Maybe because I just don't buy the actor being that kind of bad ass. Honestly, at this point it feels like the only one who could be a real threat to Oliver would be Lady Shiva.

This was the best Thea episode in some time. We got to see many sides of her, and even though Oliver was right to yank her out of the situation, I was still kind of on her side. I'm glad Oliver was understanding about Thea feeling not right after their mother was killed and caring about Roy so much. I'm sure him going "You've got a family in me, Felicity, and William" wouldn't work quite so well as encouraging her to go off with Roy. You know, next to Diggle and Lyla, my favorite couple on this entire show might be Thea and Roy. They kind of belong together.

Do Oliver and Quentin believe that Dinah has given up her vendetta against Black Siren? If so, it is actually a good thing that she's the lead detective on the Laurel thing, because at least it means Dinah will stick close to her and not lose focus. Plus they don't know what other cops they can or can't trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't think the writers on LEGENDS and ARROW ever talk to each other, let alone coordinate their storylines (still waiting for the big Sara and Black Siren encounter--and Sara has been in Star City several times now and never even talks to her dad). But if they did confab, the whole Damien Darhk plot on LEGENDS + time travel paradox + anachronisms would very easily allow for original Laurel to pop back into existence. And it really wouldn't be any more far fetched than a doppelganger from another universe or all the other strange things they've allowed to happen on ARROW.
    It must've come up. I think they wanted Laurel back, or an evil version of her, but once they played that one "wacky out there Alternate Earth" card, they had to keep the rest of the plots around her more grounded and not have some kind of easy deus ex machina involving her story. The Legends bring too much of that with them. I mean, they have a memory wiping device, between that and Felicity's hacking skills, they could erase any and all evidence connecting Oliver to Green Arrow. But that would be too easy.

I think it started off as a Green Arrow show with some heavy inspirations from the Nolan trilogy and Batman in general, but retroactively became the Iron Man to the Arrowvers' MCU.

Now it's the Batman to Flash's Superman and Supergirl's Wonder Woman/Superman.

Legends is like those oddball team shows like Exiles or The Doom Patrol.
    Going with the MCU analogy, Legends would be the Arrowverse equivalent to the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Also- if you know there are cops on Diaz's payroll, why the hell do you leave him for the cops? Drop him off at the FBI!
    It looked like Oliver didn't have time to secure Diaz and swing out of there before the cops arrived. Even if he couldn't trust the FBI, there's always Argus.

That auction is probably going to come back and bite Oliver sooner rather then later.
    Certainly, if Hill was the one to suggest it. I'm wondering how it's going to come into play.

So, uh...did Oliver and Diggle kill some of those thugs they were fighting? I mean, I assume Spartan is still firing blanks but Oliver straight up stabbed a guy in the gut with his arrow .
    It was pretty funny when Dragon tells his men no kill shots, but they're all armed with rapid fire assault weapons that can't be targeted so well. They're spraying the scene with bullets. How can they possibly ensure that one of the shots isn't going to hit a vital organ and kill an Arrow team member?
    I liked that action sequence, and I can get that they wanted it to look more intense than the typical Arrow fight scene, but there was no way EITHER side was being non-lethal about it. And at the very least, Oliver reusing arrows to stab people while someone else's blood is still on it? How unsanitary.

And by what logic did the police not lay a mark on Roy? His face was bloody. If he did show up in court, any medical examination would prove that he'd been harmed in custody.
    It's like they had the idea to beat him through a phone book AFTER they realized how much they were messing up his face.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    This was the best Thea episode in some time. We got to see many sides of her, and even though Oliver was right to yank her out of the situation, I was still kind of on her side. I'm glad Oliver was understanding about Thea feeling not right after their mother was killed and caring about Roy so much. I'm sure him going "You've got a family in me, Felicity, and William" wouldn't work quite so well as encouraging her to go off with Roy. You know, next to Diggle and Lyla, my favorite couple on this entire show might be Thea and Roy. They kind of belong together.
    I'm almost tempted to say that most of the other romances on Arrow are better love stories then Olicity...
    Going with the MCU analogy, Legends would be the Arrowverse equivalent to the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    That fits.
    It looked like Oliver didn't have time to secure Diaz and swing out of there before the cops arrived. Even if he couldn't trust the FBI, there's always Argus.
    Yeah, I think Oliver ducked out of there because he knew the SCPD would start shooting at him the moment they arrived.

Once again Team Arrow is cluelessly taken in by a scheming villain. They really are the stupidest heroes on TV.
    You know, they seem to be following the old TV theme of characters getting dumber as seasons go on. Of course, it is usually people like Homer Simpson and George Costanza.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!