Page 345 of 598 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    it just hit me like a load of bricks.

Oliver Queen is a Magical girl whom won with the power of love.
    We were cheated out of a transformation sequence. I'm mad AF now.

I was pretty satisfied by the conclusion of the season. Yeah, the flashbacks were weak, but Darhk was a fun and threatening villain, so seeing Oliver and his city take him on was great. Busting out his League of Assassins training was a little weird, though. I mean, had he been practicing his ninja moves all this time to stay sharp just in case? Green Arrow took out Ra's Al Ghul last season and then easily fought and maimed Malcolm Merlyn, his fight skills are amazing at this point, and Darhk is able to take his own weapon from him?

Speaking of Merlyn, I can understand why they let him work with them since they were short handed and it would've taken more time and effort to say no or try to stop him, but to just let him go afterwards? Thea hates him now, there's a lot of unresolved issues. Maybe we'll see more of that next season (and it'll take Thea out of retirement) and hopefully they don't gloss over what happened before.

Team Arrow needs a breather, they've earned it, and while Green Arrow can take it easy, maybe taking down the occasional armed robber, Mayor Queen can do more for Star City now. Probably with Felicity and Curtis' help in some capacity. That'll be fun, I like their teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But please...please don't go back to Olicity now that they're the only two members of the group left. Please.
    Yeah, really. Felicity was alone with him at both Laurel's grave and again at the Arrowcave. I was worried they'd share some kind of "Hope lives on" kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    If 15,000 nuclear missiles just exploded in space all around the planet, isn't that REALLY REALLY BAD?!!! And even if the show ignores the radioactive cloud that now surrounds Earth (which it will), there is then the fact that apparently there are now no nuclear weapons anywhere on Earth anymore, which will effect the balance of power on a monumental scale. But I'm sure the show will ignore that too.
    Arrow Season Five: The Quest for Peace.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMatrix View Post
    I mean in the grand scheme of things, it is dumb to put the entirety of NATO's nukes on the Rubicon. Just like how vulnerable our real life power grid is to hacking...or how poorly trained and maintained the soldiers who watch over alot of nuclear stockpile are.
    I don't think they put all the nukes on Rubicon, it was a hack Waller had made so she could control them. None of the NATO governments knew about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anybody else wonder where that missile that Felicity redirected away from Star City went? Sure, it went away from Star City, but where did it impact?
    I thought that was the one that hit the small town and killed tens of thousands giving Darhk his power up.
    Sounds perfect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I don't think they put all the nukes on Rubicon, it was a hack Waller had made so she could control them. None of the NATO governments knew about it.

I thought that was the one that hit the small town and killed tens of thousands giving Darhk his power up.
    That was in the previous episode. I assume the missile directed at Star City Felicity sent out into the ocean to crash without detonating the warhead.

Season 4 was just crap. Season 3 was worse than the great season 2 and 4 just devolved so badly I stopped watching at one point. I decided to catch up last night as I started so thought I might as well finish the season. There's no need to analyse anything except to mention the waste that is Neal McDonough, one of the greatest TV villains on Justified.

One thing I was going to complain about was the fact that GA only ever uses his bow as a light switch before 'Team Arrow' swirl around doing F-all for a minute or two, at least in the second to last episode there was a decent action scene of Oliver actually using the skills he is known for. How much better that scene was than everything else this season should tell them something. I get sometimes he has to fist fight, and it worked great with Slade and then swords with R'as, but the action is so far from what it started out as now.

I'll watch season 5 if long time fans say it's gone back to the quality of season 1 and 2 but otherwise I won't waste any more time with it. Even the acting, which started rough in the first five episodes of the show and then settled in has become terrible across the board. It's an inherent problem that I don't see going away unless they restructure the people in charge.

Astonishing Member

I just got to watch it, so excuse the repetition. I just have to say that was the stupidest episode I have ever seen. Do they have the slightest inkling how missiles work? The damn missile was whole coming in - not just a warhead at hypersonic speeds. What? You can't even see it, let alone aim a IR flashlight at it.

They take about 30 minutes, not two hours to go intercontinental. Whatever.

Damien was a fun villain made stupid by incredibly incompetent writers. Fire the whole bunch of them.

BANNED

Stephen Amell thinks you all should take it down a notch

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3942365

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

He isn't wrong about peoples ridiculous reactions and comments on social media (just look at the Cap crap that's been going on, let alone sports etc.) but that doesn't change the fact that Arrow has become really, really bad. Nor does some people being disrespectful cover the fact that the shows quality has dive bombed. A vocal minority doesn't mean that the quieter people all automatically love the show either.

Mighty Member

Well that is too bad for him. We don't have to swallow crap like mindless sheep. When the show was good people loved it. And Amell himself pimped the very thing that has dragged the show down(focus on Olicity) before it started. So in a way he is partially to blame for what is happening now.

Astonishing Member

I don't mind the romance, it's the stupid plot that defies all knowledge of how things work and the stupid decisions of the heroes.

Oliver and Felicity being together isn't what's made the show bad. Every time they are on screen together being written by a 13 year old girl writing fan-fiction is what makes it one part of the problem. The whole thing is so far beyond any of it's redeeming qualities. Arrow always had an element of 'Bat-Lite' but what happened to the hunting and scouting and actually using archery? Why does every scene have every actor badly recapping and explaining everything? How many times did Oliver say 'darkness' in the last episode alone? They should be grateful to have such a backlash at all, ten years ago everyone would have stopped watching and it would of been cut halfway through season three. Especially with the Flash doing well.

It needs new people in charge and new writers with a foot back in to seasons one and two while doing something new. I know they try their hardest to stay away from the true comic book Oliver Queen but why can't they take a cue from some of the stories?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Oliver and Felicity being together isn't what's made the show bad. Every time they are on screen together being written by a 13 year old girl writing fan-fiction is what makes it one part of the problem. The whole thing is so far beyond any of it's redeeming qualities. Arrow always had an element of 'Bat-Lite' but what happened to the hunting and scouting and actually using archery? Why does every scene have every actor badly recapping and explaining everything? How many times did Oliver say 'darkness' in the last episode alone? They should be grateful to have such a backlash at all, ten years ago everyone would have stopped watching and it would of been cut halfway through season three. Especially with the Flash doing well.

It needs new people in charge and new writers with a foot back in to seasons one and two while doing something new. I know they try their hardest to stay away from the true comic book Oliver Queen but why can't they take a cue from some of the stories?
    Or they simply could cancel the show. Amell does not even seem interested in promoting the show anyway.

There isn't much 'striking' here. A lot of his comments are pretty Civil for the most part.

Astonishing Member

Next season, the Green Arrow combats striking sanitation workers with a string of assassinations. You have failed to pick up the garbage. Twang!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Or they simply could cancel the show. Amell does not even seem interested in promoting the show anyway.
    I'm really surprised they haven't. He'll be all behind it again when/if Turtles bombs