Page 336 of 598 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's always looked like bondage gear, so maybe she got it online ?
    lol ahh well it all makes sense now. She went to Bondage R Us, ordered the leather knowing Laurel would die, have her gear unattended for the taking just so she can then sully the mantle of Black Canary.

I think Laurel's death is pointless. Then I read how the producers had a meeting about who should die. So they are infected with eventitis, the same thing that made me give up Marvel Comics. There has to be an "important" death to make it big. Not a death that organically comes from the story. But a death by caveat, followed by deciding who dies. It is the worst type of storytelling IMHO. And unlike many others here, I found the last episode dreary. The actions in the past few weeks has been astonishingly stupid. From putting down their weapons in front of a maniac murderer, to protecting the wife of a super criminal who is mayor because she stole an election. Heroes this stupid don't deserve to win. But then when you can't come up with anything but the death of a regular to keep the show going, it's expected.

Diggle could be the dumbest man on TV.

Mighty Member

I feel bad for Diggle but I'm glad he killed his annoying brother.

Spectacular Member

All I could think when Diggle finally killed his brother was "finally". Andy really had it coming.

BANNED

Damian Darhk and Reiter are easily the lamest Big Bads this show has. McDonough's performance added some fun to the proceedings early on, but even that has long since worn off.

So...the Truman show is part of Arrow now.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Here my prediction: At the end of the season, Diggle will kill his brother, Thea will kill her father and Lance will kill Darhk. Team Arrow will come apart. Next season will be about rebuilding it.
    One down. Two to go.

Wow, this show has completely lost me. Dark is the least intimidating villain ever with his giant baby head and rotund physique I just cannot take him seriously. He needs his diapers changed and be put down for a nap with his snuggly blanket.

On the other hand I have become fascinated by which actor can voice their lines without out virtually any movement of their lips. So far Felicity is in first place with Thea a very close second. If the show is cancelled they could both very easily enroll in a ventriloquist academy.

This show seems to be going virtually nowhere, especially when compared with the Flash, a show that seems to have a coherent and interesting story that is being told week by week, episode by episode.

And can we please finally get rid of those annoying flashbacks? Enough already!

So, to be clear:

Star City under siege? Check.

Oliver brought low by his enemy, only to gain inspiration from Felicity and overcome the odds? Check.

Thea's boyfriend (who is not named Roy) is evil? Check.

Every single one of those things has been done, some repeatedly. And yet they couldn't fake Laurel's death because they did that with Roy and they don't want to repeat themselves.

People DESERVE to get fired for this stuff!

So Murmur is now a part of HIVE and Darhk's inner circle? That's kind of random. I guess Darhk really appreciates Murmur's help during his stay in prison .

Darhk may as well be in charge of HIVE as a whole given all the power he holds over the rest of the group and that he'll kill any of them if the so much as irritate him.

I do have to wonder if Andy was always this bad and despicable a person or if Darhk had just brainwashed and controlled him to such a degree that it turned him into that. He was apparently a dealer before Diggle enlisted him into the military, and still had some major criminal dealings even before HIVE found him, but despite that I don't think he would have abandoned his family and tormented his brother to the degree he has up to this point unless something had seriously messed with his mind.

Ironic that, having goaded John into shooting and ending him the entire episode, Andy dies shocked that his brother really went through with it. Especially after he kept threatening Diggle's family and even threatened Sara. That was definitely a step too far, and he paid for it. Now Laurel's death is half-avenged.

So I guess Constantine is out of Hell now? Good for him .

It figures that Merlyn would want Thea secured and safe before Genesis happened, and they'd use Alex to do it.

Felicity finally takes back her saying Oliver would never stop being the person on the island, which was appreciated. I'm still worried they're going to go back to Olicity again, but at least it was nice to see Felicity being supportive and funny without Olicity ruining that.

So Oliver is going to have to fight Darhk with the light and hope The Green Arrow was meant to embody when he took up that identity. Guess that's as good a way to cement his character development and shift from who he used to be as any.

It was cool to see Ollie go through fighting each of the Arrow Big Bads, even if they had to skip Ra's because they couldn't get Matt Nable back and he doesn't have a mask like Dark Archer and Deathstroke do, but at least he was there for the flashback to him stabbing Oliver.

Green Arrow shooting Darhk in the back with a line arrow and pulling him in for a flurry of punches was an awesome moment .

I did not miss the flashbacks at all in this episode, and it flowed fairly well and solidly without them, which is probably telling in regard to how essential and enjoyable they've been for me this season...but we did get a few teases for what's going to happen to Taiana.

Was that Brick in the preview for next week? Didn't expect him to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So, to be clear:

Star City under siege? Check.
    At least this time the whole world is at stake, not just Star City, given what Genesis entails. Even if it's ultimately going to come down to Star City in the end, in all likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    All I could think when Diggle finally killed his brother was "finally". Andy really had it coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I feel bad for Diggle but I'm glad he killed his annoying brother.
    I was surprised he finally went through with it. It seems they are starting to go with the most obvious solution when someone is so bad they can't be redeemed.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Damian Darhk and Reiter are easily the lamest Big Bads this show has. McDonough's performance added some fun to the proceedings early on, but even that has long since worn off.
    The problem I have with McDonough is he is too one note. He plays the same villain on every show I have seen him on, Desperate Housewives, Walking Tall, Public Morals. The smug, unstoppable creep that you want to slap the smugness off his face. If you have seen him on one show, you have seen him all. Even when he played the titular hero on Tin Man he was still basically the same character. With those shows it got tired fast too.

Incredible Member

I'm as happy as anyone to see Andy go, but did everyone notice that John LIED to Lila about the details? "I had to put him down... he tried to grab my gun." Not "He wouldn't stop threatening you and Sara so I blanking shot him." I know he was only telling her what he thought she could handle but I still hate to see it whenever a character lies to someone they love, especially when it's been such an ever-present theme on this show and the damage it can do to relationships. (Afterthought- with John saying last episode that he was so angry he could hardly breathe, I'm surprised that when he finally took out Andy he only shot him once instead of emptying the gun into him.)

I seriously wondered for a moment if Constantine had sent Oliver off to meet Zatanna. Now that would have been cool. The whole "focus on your goodness" defense against Dahrk seems a little too simplistic to me. Simply being good isn't enough, you have to focus on it? Ok, I guess I'll go with it. I wonder if there will be a montage in the final fight scene of Oliver remembering all of the good and loving moments in his life the way he remembered all the negative times in this one.
    Last edited by Kensei; 05-05-2016 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post

I seriously wondered for a moment if Constantine had sent Oliver off to meet Zatanna.
    Same here. I did not recognize the lady shaman "Ersin Fortuna"?. Is she from the DCU?

Wow, an actually great episode!

The plan is a little cliche, but was a surprise nevertheless. I mean, previous Big Bads only wanted Star City, and now the entire world?

Good riddance for Andy, that asshole had it coming. Now for Malcolm and Darhk.