Thread: Arrow

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Arrow

With a new, gentler CBR forum comes a new thread for the best live-action comics TV show ever! Or, at the very least, the best live-action TV show based on an existing DC Comics property to be aired on the CW Network in the 2013-2014 television season.

But why do I love Arrow, despite my pre-Season 1 expectations that it would be really cheesy and terrible? I love the way the plot moves forward at a nice pace, while also giving all of the characters a decent amount to do. Maybe not in every episode, but everyone has had something of a character arc this season. The fight scenes are really good for a TV show--props to James Bamford & his stunt coordination work. Plus, in the second season, they've done a really nice job of incorporating more comic book-y elements.

What do you love or hate about Arrow?

Here is the synopsis for tonight's new episode, "City of Blood" (Season 2, Episode 21):
    OLIVER CONSIDERS HIS OPTIONS AGAINST SLADE — After Slade (Manu Bennett) threatens to take everything Oliver (Stephen Amell) loves away, Oliver decides the fastest way to stop further bloodshed is to surrender to his enemy. Knowing that surrender will surely lead to Oliver’s death, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) go to extreme measures to keep Oliver from confronting Slade. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) considers leaving town, and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) resumes her crusade against Sebastian Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). Finally, Slade unleashes his assault on Starling City. Michael Schultz directed the episode written by Holly Harold (#221).
    And here, for the next week or so, is a link to the old forum's Arrow thread, in case anyone wants to follow up on some old discussions.
    Last edited by areacode212; 04-30-2014 at 02:57 PM.