Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
To be fair that's the whole show; various examples Laurel addiction, Oliver unmasking, Laurel rise to being the Black Canary, Sara as a concept, the Civil War of Team Arrow and the graveyard all of these things were good ideas and could tell exciting stories but the execution just didn't land might have been because they were scared to take risks, lazy because they didn't check what has happened on their own show or they wanted to pander to the Olicty fans some more.

To borrow your statement I cannot overstate how much I am disappointed that this show went down the road and kept doing it, the number of plot holes that can be traced back to Felicity and the only reason seemed to be why not.
BECAUSE IT MAKES IT A VERY $#!^& STORY that's why, Mary Sues wipe them the hell out period.

Truthfully I think Roy deserved better, Thea differently deserved better and do not and I mean DO NOT get me started on Katie.

Just a thought IMHO Oliver without a doubt deserved better than what he got and if what everyone is saying is true I have no reason to want to watch season 8 none;
I agree with almost everything you said. Personally though, I've always liked Felicity. I do agree they went overboard with her during Season's 3 and 4 at times, and I agree that hurt the show. But let me ask you this- say, for the sake of argument, that Felicity had just remained the team's tech person, and she did not have a relationship with Oliver other than friendship. And say that they had done what I believe the original plan was and paired Oliver with Laurel. Do you think it would have been a better show then?