Page 595 of 598 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598 LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

I don't care what anybody says, Felicity and Ollie got exactly the ending those 2 deserved. As did the show. Yes, it wasn't always perfect. But it still laid the groundwork for an entire universe and it went on for almost 8 entire years. I don't think any show ever had as many impact in this capacity as Arrow. So thank you Oliver Queen, and may you rest in peace.

That ending with John off course was perfect fan service. Really hope something will come of it.

Also, that fight scene in the flahsback? So fucking awesome. Don't think there was ever a scene even close as good as this.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

The fight scene was incredible. Though my absolute favorite will always be the Season 2 finale.

I thought the ending was fantastic! I have no idea how things played out with Tommy alive and Emiko good. I think they should have merged the two Laurels but hey, it’s nice to see a genuinely happy ending.
    Speaking of Roy and Thea, what are the chances that they might introduce Lian Harper (who I guess would be named after the island where her dad got his hand lopped off?) as the Speedy/Arsenal/red Arrow to Mia’s green arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I thought the ending was fantastic! I have no idea how things played out with Tommy alive and Emiko good. I think they should have merged the two Laurels but hey, it’s nice to see a genuinely happy ending.
    Speaking of Roy and Thea, what are the chances that they might introduce Lian Harper (who I guess would be named after the island where her dad got his hand lopped off?) as the Speedy/Arsenal/red Arrow to Mia’s green arrow?
    Uncle Roy in more then name now.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Why wasn't Ray at the funeral? He started on Arrow and was more important to the show than a few of the other minor characters they brought back, Ragman especially.
    I thought that too - especially since they went out of their way to show Ray with Ollie in the speedforce to remind us that they've known each other for awhile. I'm guessing it was a practicality thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder if showing Oliver mowing down all of those goons was a way of showing that Oliver did deserve to die for his past actions, and then the ending showed that because of the man he became after this, he earned a peaceful rest. Or maybe it was just to show how far he came, from a cold-blooded killer to a hero.
    I'm guessing it was kindof a farewell for and from the stunt crew who's had a big part of making this show as successful as it was. If it were just a funeral episode, there literally would have been no reason to have them involved in the finale, which would have seemed wrong.

And yes, I chuckled at seeing that giant "Van Wayne" sign. So many possibilities now....

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm guessing it was kindof a farewell for and from the stunt crew who's had a big part of making this show as successful as it was. If it were just a funeral episode, there literally would have been no reason to have them involved in the finale, which would have seemed wrong.
    Not to mention it let them show Ollie in the suit one last time.
    And yes, I chuckled at seeing that giant "Van Wayne" sign. So many possibilities now....
    I think it would've been perfect if they'd shown the office in Crisis and there's a "Crisis Alert" going on .

Oof, the feels.

I figured the best way to give Amell a role in this episode despite being killed off 2 episodes ago was with a flashback. Makes sense that it was to season 1 when he was on his own and first learning to trust Diggle, which would eventually lead to him trusting and inspiring other heroes, and thus the theme of this episode. I was thinking, while the producers probably had plans to end the show with season 5, the island blowing up and Oliver gaining full custody of William, did they also have some sort of plan for the first criminal Oliver sent to jail coming back? Mia's confrontation with him felt...short. Like if it weren't for the cameos and the Post-Crisis world and all that, the episode could've been smaller and just focused on that.

Don't get me wrong, though, I loved it. It's probably for the best we don't know how things played out with Tommy, Moira, and Quentin still alive, but I love the idea that Oliver kind of gave the Monitor the finger back when he had to learn the lesson to let Quentin die. He's all "Nope, I restarted a new universe, I can bring back whoever the heck I want." Bet Barry's jealous, what with all the times he's tried to alter reality to bring back his own mother. On second thought, Quentin being back sort of bothers me because of what it would mean to Sara's characterization over the last couple seasons. I wonder if Legends will address it?

I liked the bit with Felicity and Mia, pretty much all past members of Team Arrow, the Al Ghul sisters, and even Barry and Kara, but for some reason, Anatoly being there hit the hardest. Well, actually, John's eulogy. Then Anatoly.

Emiko finally gets to be accepted as a Queen. Wonder if Moira know Emiko knew about the bomb on the boat... At least her and Thea FINALLY got to share a scene.
    True, but...Thea and Emiko aren't actually related, right? Kind of weird to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    However pretty sure once again all the stuff Felicity did she hasn't to me anyway grown from it, its as if Guggy wants us to forget that she manipulated, lied and stole, I heard that the ending we got was always the ending they were going to give us they didn't even have a backup plan they insisted that EBR had to come back and do it. They were lucky that she could but to me its one last jab that Olicity was meant to be and perfect soul mate who loved each other and its a perfect relationship when to me it was for the majority of its run toxic. Felicity did what she wanted and Oliver had to bend to accommodate but like hell did she ever bend for him. Sorry and I do mean that but I really hate and I do meant hate Olicty and Olicters because of the blinders and truthfully Felicity as a character even after 6 years has potential but needs work and the show has ended. To end on a good note you told your story and I respect that Thank you for the inspiration.
    Their relationship was uneven, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean the ending didn't make sense. I think in terms of romance, though, Roy and Thea overshadow Oliver and Felicity, and their engagement feels more fulfilling than reuniting Oliver and Felicity.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Ultimately, it's just a bit odd that after so many years on a show, it went from a fan theory to fan wishes, to a tease to taking over the character, almost derailing his own story and leaving him in a weird unconfirmed limbo kinda fate. Guess we'll see if they ever actually go through with it on another show. (having Dig on "Superman" (or any other show) might have actually been cool, but now you almost can't do it without undoing the GL tease)
    Well, given what happened to Ferris Aircraft, maybe Abin Sur abducted Hal or something, but since sector 2814 needs a second Lantern as a partner to Hal, they sent a ring in a box down for Diggle. They can ignore this on Superman if they want, but if we find out more about JJ and Connor in 2040, we kind of need to know what happened to John since, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad the writers were able to help themselves and didn't just throw in John Barrowman as Malcolm in the last minute. So the final villain of Arrow ends up being...John Byrne? Did they get permission to use his name for this? I kinda don't see Byrne agreeing to put his name to an unscrupulous human trafficker. Did the writers have something against John Byrne? It's not like he's had much of a role in crafting Green Arrow on the comics side, that I can think of.
    I don't get it either. Wasn't the name "Joe Quesada" used as a human trafficker in the Daredevil movie? I guess that's how you give someone a loving tribute.

I can kind of see why Felicity felt more comfortable leaving Mia and William to go see Oliver with the future at peace and her kids grown into strong, capable, adults...but I think her kids would've appreciated having their mom around. And Felicity wasn't old and frail or anything. But I guess they also would've appreciated their mom getting to see their dad again.
    Shouldn't Oliver be outside of time? Felicity could've been taken away when she was old or it was her time or something, and then she and Oliver could've been together in their prime. Feels like it didn't have to be that moment when she left.

I'm a little confused about the connection between last week's "pilot" and the final episode of Arrow. Dinah seems to properly part of the new Earth. People know who she is; she hasn't been forgotten. So how does she end up in the future with no sign that she ever existed? Maybe that will be explained if the pilot gets picked up.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Don't get me wrong, though, I loved it. It's probably for the best we don't know how things played out with Tommy, Moira, and Quentin still alive, but I love the idea that Oliver kind of gave the Monitor the finger back when he had to learn the lesson to let Quentin die. He's all "Nope, I restarted a new universe, I can bring back whoever the heck I want." Bet Barry's jealous, what with all the times he's tried to alter reality to bring back his own mother. On second thought, Quentin being back sort of bothers me because of what it would mean to Sara's characterization over the last couple seasons. I wonder if Legends will address it?
    Didn't Legends barely address her dad's death at all? Laurel's death effected her more and that's the one thing Ollie didn't change.
    True, but...Thea and Emiko aren't actually related, right? Kind of weird to think about.
    And Oliver is Robert and Moira's only true biological kid.
    Well, given what happened to Ferris Aircraft, maybe Abin Sur abducted Hal or something, but since sector 2814 needs a second Lantern as a partner to Hal, they sent a ring in a box down for Diggle. They can ignore this on Superman if they want, but if we find out more about JJ and Connor in 2040, we kind of need to know what happened to John since, don't we?
    Or Lyla.
    Shouldn't Oliver be outside of time? Felicity could've been taken away when she was old or it was her time or something, and then she and Oliver could've been together in their prime. Feels like it didn't have to be that moment when she left.
    They were kind of vague exactly what Oliver's current status is, but I think Guggenheim confirmed he's still The Spectre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm a little confused about the connection between last week's "pilot" and the final episode of Arrow. Dinah seems to properly part of the new Earth. People know who she is; she hasn't been forgotten. So how does she end up in the future with no sign that she ever existed? Maybe that will be explained if the pilot gets picked up.
    Presumably her getting flashed into the future happened while she was driving away from Star City and then she plopped into 2040.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I think in Dinah's case, when she was brought to the future all traces of her history were wiped from the records. So while there may be some people alive that still remember her, there is no official record of her existence anymore.

What interests me is that it's now been a few weeks since William was abducted. I want to know what's going on with that.

I think in Dinah's case, when she was brought to the future all traces of her history were wiped from the records. So while there may be some people alive that still remember her, there is no official record of her existence anymore.

What interests me is that it's now been a few weeks since William was abducted. I want to know what's going on with that.
    Yeah, like anyone from Team Arrow probably remembers her. I doubt she could walk into the mayor's office and Rene won't have any idea who she is.

Yeah, like anyone from Team Arrow probably remembers her. I doubt she could walk into the mayor's office and Rene won't have any idea who she is.
    Heck, it was probably Renee that helped her get set up with a new life.

I kind of think Oliver not resurrecting Samantha for William was a bit of a jerk move. I mean he brought his mom back why not his son's?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I kind of think Oliver not resurrecting Samantha for William was a bit of a jerk move. I mean he brought his mom back why not his son's?
    Cuz nobody liked her

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Samantha might have been like Robert. Like, Oliver didn't think he'd get the chance to raise William, and have that effect him, without Samantha's death.

Which I guess is still kind of a jerk move. But maybe there were deaths he just couldn't impact...like, wouldn't he have wanted to save Shado? But Shado's death was also important so it couldn't happen.