Page 3 of 598 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

This week's episode was mostly slow but it looks like the finale will be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    That interrogation scene with Felicity and Diggle was hilarious.

"Bitch with wi-fi" I died.
    I kind of wish Diggle would have smacked him in the face for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Speaking of Diggle, I hope he gets the chance to kill Rochev again. That would be so satisfying.
    Hope he at least tells her that her mask looks silly.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

It was good episode considering it was all set up and Oliver dealing with the loss of Moira.

My prediction for the next episode:
    The phone call to Felicity at the end was about the cure to the Mirakuru.
    Thea will be saved by Malcolm Merlin, who will try to corrupt her in to some evil plan without her realising it.
    Of course the city will be in chaos, with the Arrow struggling to find a way to Star Labs to get the cure.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    Of course the city will be in chaos, with the Arrow struggling to find a way to Star Labs to get the cure.
    If once there, he could get something for his knee while he is at it (even the Bat-Knee-brace would be fine), that would be nice, because honestly, he'll need to be at his best to have a chance against Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    It was good episode considering it was all set up and Oliver dealing with the loss of Moira.

My prediction for the next episode:
    The phone call to Felicity at the end was about the cure to the Mirakuru.
    Thea will be saved by Malcolm Merlin, who will try to corrupt her in to some evil plan without her realising it.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Thea become a straight-up villain. And not in a mind-control or oh-I-was-being-manipulated way, but a full-fledged plunge into the dark side. (Next season, of course; not enough time to pull that off now.)

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Quick Thoughts;

• That Ravager helmet, oh my goodness... Now I want to watch Mystery Men again!
    • This episode was probably one of Roy's best. Let's have more like it!
    • I'm far too lazy to look it up myself, but did the Japanese really use manned torpedoes on their subs?
    • Props to Laurel's mad ninja skills. Sneaking up on Ollie (in heels no less!) can't be easy.
    Ok, firstly- GOD yes, that Ravager helmet is horrible. It makes her head look like Hector Hammonds'.

Secondly- I looked it up (me and a bunch of other people, since it was at the top of the Google search results)- YES, the Japanese did have kamikaze torpedoes. They were introduced at the end of WWII, but they were Not launched from the Torpedo bay. They were attached to the deck of the Sub on wooden blocks, with a short passage between the ship and the torpedo. The pilot entered the torpedo and was then sealed inside.

Also-

While Katie Cassidy is gorgeous, here scene with Oliver in The Quiver (Arrowcave) was painful to watch for all the wrong reasons. I've liked her on this show, but that was just plain bad acting. Never heard about rumors she wasn't liked on set by cast and crew.

-I, too think Thea will go evil, though not full on crazy-evil like Malcolm. I think the seeds were planted last night for a reconciliation between Thea and Oliver, but I think she'll let her dad teach her the ways of the Dark Side for a while before she wises up. Also- HOW does she not put together that Oliver is the Arrow now?

-Malcolm back next episode, but I wonder if he'll be in the Finale? I wonder if he agrees with Slade's destruction of the city, considering his actions last season. Also, if he's in the finale, I wonder what will happen if he comes face to face with Nyssa, since it's been implied that the League is not happy with what Merlyn did in season 1.

I'm now more convinced than ever that Isabel will survive this season (probably depowered), and come back next season as THE over all Big Bad. Shutting down the club was a major dick move, but pointless unless it comes into play next season. And since they introduced the Secondary Lair, I'm guessing it will.

Can someone explain to me how the Queens lost all of their money? I'm not a business major, I know jack about stocks and bonds, but if Oliver owns 50% of QC, and Isabel owns 50% of QC, than no matter who is the CEO, shouldn't they both have a say in running the company? And if Oliver still owns 50%, shouldn't he still be getting 50% of the profits? They said something in the last episode, but I just didn't understand it. (also, they could probably start selling off their art collection and make most of their money back).

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Man, I love it when Felicity gets sassy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Also-

While Katie Cassidy is gorgeous, here scene with Oliver in The Quiver (Arrowcave) was painful to watch for all the wrong reasons. I've liked her on this show, but that was just plain bad acting. Never heard about rumors she wasn't liked on set by cast and crew.
    Yeah that scene was awful. Some bad lines in that scene too. Classic CW.
    I can't imagine people not liking her on the set. She seems so sweet. But the people that seems the sweetest usually end up to be the worst.

Member in Disguise

Can someone explain to me how the Queens lost all of their money? I'm not a business major, I know jack about stocks and bonds, but if Oliver owns 50% of QC, and Isabel owns 50% of QC, than no matter who is the CEO, shouldn't they both have a say in running the company? And if Oliver still owns 50%, shouldn't he still be getting 50% of the profits? They said something in the last episode, but I just didn't understand it. (also, they could probably start selling off their art collection and make most of their money back).
    I'm not sure exactly how that works either, it almost seemed like they were living entirely off QC assets, and had no money of their own. That's the only way I can explain a family's financial situation changing so rapidly after the loss of employment of a single person (Remember, Ollie was the 'sole provider' at that point; Moira divested herself from QC after the Undertaking, and Verdant, being a new establishment, was probably still trying to break even).
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

I'm not sure exactly how that works either, it almost seemed like they were living entirely off QC assets, and had no money of their own. That's the only way I can explain a family's financial situation changing so rapidly after the loss of employment of a single person (Remember, Ollie was the 'sole provider' at that point; Moira divested herself from QC after the Undertaking, and Verdant, being a new establishment, was probably still trying to break even).
    Either way, we were told that they still held QC stock just not a majority share anymore, so they would still have SOME assets of value. I just ignore the financial/business stuff on this show for the most part. There is no way the matriarch of a company is killed, the new CEO closes down a growing popular asset (Verdant) and stock prices GO UP? That's just a bit far fetched even for a show about costumed super heroes.

I'm no business major myself, but my understanding is that owning a publicly-traded company does not equate to total control of the company; even a majority shareholder is beholden to the Board of Directors. Oliver and Isabel each own 50% of QC, but Ollie signs over temporary CEO status, and Isabel immediately uses that authority to call for a vote of no confidence from the Board and make her the permanent CEO.

As for the money, I have no idea. Would her status as the CEO enable her to gobble up the Queen family's 50% stake?

Ok, firstly- GOD yes, that Ravager helmet is horrible. It makes her head look like Hector Hammonds'.

Secondly- I looked it up (me and a bunch of other people, since it was at the top of the Google search results)- YES, the Japanese did have kamikaze torpedoes. They were introduced at the end of WWII, but they were Not launched from the Torpedo bay. They were attached to the deck of the Sub on wooden blocks, with a short passage between the ship and the torpedo. The pilot entered the torpedo and was then sealed inside.

Also-

-I, too think Thea will go evil, though not full on crazy-evil like Malcolm. I think the seeds were planted last night for a reconciliation between Thea and Oliver, but I think she'll let her dad teach her the ways of the Dark Side for a while before she wises up. Also- HOW does she not put together that Oliver is the Arrow now?

-Malcolm back next episode, but I wonder if he'll be in the Finale? I wonder if he agrees with Slade's destruction of the city, considering his actions last season. Also, if he's in the finale, I wonder what will happen if he comes face to face with Nyssa, since it's been implied that the League is not happy with what Merlyn did in season 1.

I'm now more convinced than ever that Isabel will survive this season (probably depowered), and come back next season as THE over all Big Bad. Shutting down the club was a major dick move, but pointless unless it comes into play next season. And since they introduced the Secondary Lair, I'm guessing it will.

The League doesnt hate Merlyn because of what happened in Season 1, they hate him over something that happened in Nanda Parbat while he was there.

I am guessing the board of QC liquidated his stock.

Member in Disguise

I'm no business major myself, but my understanding is that owning a publicly-traded company does not equate to total control of the company; even a majority shareholder is beholden to the Board of Directors. Oliver and Isabel each own 50% of QC, but Ollie signs over temporary CEO status, and Isabel immediately uses that authority to call for a vote of no confidence from the Board and make her the permanent CEO.
    IANAL, but I can't imagine how what's virtually a cocktail-napkin contract could be enforceable. Especially with everything going on at the time, he'd be able to claim duress. Isabel 'stealing' QC is easily the most far fetched thing on the show so far.

As for the money, I have no idea. Would her status as the CEO enable her to gobble up the Queen family's 50% stake?
    If you own a stock, you own it; no one can force you to sell it without doing something to affect *all* of the stock, like when a company buys back it's stock and returns to private status. That being said, it's entirely possible to release more stock, thus diluting your shares and make them less valuable.

IANAL, but I can't imagine how what's virtually a cocktail-napkin contract could be enforceable. Especially with everything going on at the time, he'd be able to claim duress. Isabel 'stealing' QC is easily the most far fetched thing on the show so far.

If you own a stock, you own it; no one can force you to sell it without doing something to affect *all* of the stock, like when a company buys back it's stock and returns to private status. That being said, it's entirely possible to release more stock, thus diluting your shares and make them less valuable.
    This is why I majored in Engineering. I need some Tylenol...

Thea's got a bow. Hmmmm...

Thea's got a bow. Hmmmm...
    Isn't that Laurel?

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Isn't that Laurel?
    Yeah. If you pause the video, it's clearly Laurel using Ollie's bow (with what looks to be one of his tranq arrows, possibly filled with MiraCureu).