Page 1 of 598 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Default Arrow

With a new, gentler CBR forum comes a new thread for the best live-action comics TV show ever! Or, at the very least, the best live-action TV show based on an existing DC Comics property to be aired on the CW Network in the 2013-2014 television season.

But why do I love Arrow, despite my pre-Season 1 expectations that it would be really cheesy and terrible? I love the way the plot moves forward at a nice pace, while also giving all of the characters a decent amount to do. Maybe not in every episode, but everyone has had something of a character arc this season. The fight scenes are really good for a TV show--props to James Bamford & his stunt coordination work. Plus, in the second season, they've done a really nice job of incorporating more comic book-y elements.

What do you love or hate about Arrow?

Here is the synopsis for tonight's new episode, "City of Blood" (Season 2, Episode 21):
    OLIVER CONSIDERS HIS OPTIONS AGAINST SLADE — After Slade (Manu Bennett) threatens to take everything Oliver (Stephen Amell) loves away, Oliver decides the fastest way to stop further bloodshed is to surrender to his enemy. Knowing that surrender will surely lead to Oliver’s death, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) go to extreme measures to keep Oliver from confronting Slade. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) considers leaving town, and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) resumes her crusade against Sebastian Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). Finally, Slade unleashes his assault on Starling City. Michael Schultz directed the episode written by Holly Harold (#221).
    And here, for the next week or so, is a link to the old forum's Arrow thread, in case anyone wants to follow up on some old discussions.
    Last edited by areacode212; 04-30-2014 at 02:57 PM.

BANNED

arrows in the face for everyone

I'm so excited for tonight's episode!

Quote Originally Posted by SpOck View Post
    Me too! I can't wait.

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

Can't wait to see the fallout from last episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpOck View Post
    Me too, I Can't wait.

o

These last three episodes should be great.

Yay for the epic three part season finale we're going to get! This is gonna rock!

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

Merlyn's back!

I wonder if that call Felicity got from star labs was something to do with Barry, rather than the anti-mirakuru.

It would be handy to have The Flash join the fight against the army of super soldiers.

The episode was kinda meh (though that's understandable given that it's mostly a set up for the final two episodes), but there were certain bits I liked.

Laurel coming forth that she knows was pretty awesome, even though I didn't think it would happen that early.

That interrogation scene with Felicity and Diggle was hilarious.

"Bitch with wi-fi" I died.

Speaking of Diggle, I hope he gets the chance to kill Rochev again. That would be so satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    Merlyn's back!

I wonder if that call Felicity got from star labs was something to do with Barry, rather than the anti-mirakuru.

It would be handy to have The Flash join the fight against the army of super soldiers.
    Barry isn't coming back. He was supposed to be back in what would have been the Back Door Pilot for his show (Made on Arrow's Dime) but the network decided to pony up for the pilot and so we won't see him till the fall) Supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    The episode was kinda meh (though that's understandable given that it's mostly a set up for the final two episodes), but there were certain bits I liked.

Laurel coming forth that she knows was pretty awesome, even though I didn't think it would happen that early.

That interrogation scene with Felicity and Diggle was hilarious.

Speaking of Diggle, I hope he gets the chance to kill Rochev again. That would be so satisfying.
    These are my exact thoughts.
    Formerly Doctor Malekith.

Default "Arrow" Season 2

Tonight's episode was pretty good. For me it definitely had a Dark Knight/Rises feel towards it and I'm perfectly fine with that. Looking forward to the remainder of the episodes. Also I don't if it's just me, or does it look like Isabel has a big head with her Ravager mask on?
    Last edited by Grayson; 04-30-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Man, I love it when Felicity gets sassy.

Member in Disguise

Quick Thoughts;

• That Ravager helmet, oh my goodness... Now I want to watch Mystery Men again!
    • This episode was probably one of Roy's best. Let's have more like it!
    • I'm far too lazy to look it up myself, but did the Japanese really use manned torpedoes on their subs?
    • Props to Laurel's mad ninja skills. Sneaking up on Ollie (in heels no less!) can't be easy.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.