Page 338 of 598 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Astonishing Member

Darkh's plan is a typical stupid overlord plot - sigh. Having control of the USA arsenal in someone's arm who is just walking around - silly also.

The best Darkh could do, if it worked, was launch the Minutemen. However, that really takes manual key control on the spot after getting the commands.

Diggle - just shoot the guy already, blah, blah, yak, yak. So it's your baby brother - you are rather slow on the uptake.

Those idols look like a sculpture I made in a junior high arts and craft class when I was 12.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It was cool how Thea was able to recognize the background sounds were on a loop, but you'd think HIVE would've made it a little longer so as not to make it so obvious.
    Well, you have to figure that everyone living in that town are either willing participants, or drugged.

So, finally got around to watching the episode. It felt like Andy was goading John into killing him, like maybe some part of him deep down recognized what he had become and wanted it to end. He did still seem shocked when Dig shot him, though.

Okay, so now I'm not so sure that Alex is evil. Maybe Ruve just decided to drug him into submission to get to Thea, whom Darhk had pledged to protect from Genesis. I do have to wonder how exactly she allowed herself to get drugged- maybe Alex spiked her coffee before they left.

Liked everything with Oliver and Felicity in Hub city. I wonder if they wanted to use Zatana, but weren't allowed by WB. There is supposedly a Justice League Dark film still in the works. But Fortuna was entertaining enough. I have to ask- did anyone else get a 'Harry Potter looking in the Pensieve" feeling when we saw into Oliver's head?

A final thought:

I can't watch the show live. I used to watch it the next day on HULU, or via my iTunes subscription. And even during Season 3- which was a bad season for me- I stayed up past midnight to watch the episode where Thea went into the Lazarus Pit. I used to look forward to Thursday mornings, when I'd get to watch the newest episode before going in to work. Hell, two months ago I went to Chicago for the Heroes and Villains Fanfest specifically to meet the cast of Arrow and Flash. But since Laurel's death, and since that last POINTLESS hiatus, I've stopped caring. I'll read the episode summary online, and then watch it... sometime. I really hope they do something spectacular in the finale to draw me back in. I don't want to give this show up, but I just don't want to watch a show this badly made. Awesome actors can polish a turd, but at the end of the day, it's still shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Those idols look like a sculpture I made in a junior high arts and craft class when I was 12.
    You aren't giving your 12 year old self enough credit. I'm sure yours looked much better.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but my powers didn't work. I still had to take math class.

Just out of curiosity is there a place where I could read the original Arrow thread, the thread where an Arrow series was just a speculation. It was fascinating to read the ideas people had when a Flash and a Supergirl series were contemplated. What it was going to be about, who would be cast in it. This thread seems to have joined the Arrow show in progress.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Just out of curiosity is there a place where I could read the original Arrow thread, the thread where an Arrow series was just a speculation. It was fascinating to read the ideas people had when a Flash and a Supergirl series were contemplated. What it was going to be about, who would be cast in it. This thread seems to have joined the Arrow show in progress.
    Unfortunately all the forums rebooted in April of 2014. I remember the original Arrow thread fondly but it is long gone.

Mighty Member

That really suck's about Havenrock.

That line from scarface (forgot his name) about Thea being at the mercy of guys was interesting. It got me thinking of her going Rogue, annd I saw her failing at that, but the idea of her making more decisions on her own on the was a delightful thought. Did he call her mommy?

That building that was once Queen consolidated is runnning through CEOs.

To be fair, I'm working off the episode summary over on Comicbook.com. I can't actually watch the episode until tomorrow.

Know what drives me crazy? Illogical writing. For example:

So Thea is drugged by Merlyn to kill Sara, put in harms way by him which led to her being nearly killed and then resurrected in a Lazarus pit. The pit left her with a bloodlust, and when she went to Malcolm (who used the events that put her in her current state to become the new Ra's) for help, his solution was for her to keep killing people. Despite the fact that, as Ra's, he'd have access to the knowledge of the blue stuff that could cure her of the bloodlust. Then when Nyssa gets the blue kool-aid and offers to trade it for the ring or Ra's, Malcolm decides to let her die so that he could still have his cushy new job. Then after all of that, Malcolm has the presumably brainwashed Alex (who may or may not be evil. Who knows?) drug her and bring her to the ark, where she spends a day freaking out. Then she tells him Darhk's evil plan about nuking the world, killing billions- along with her brother and friends on Team Arrow. And her response to that isn't "I need to get out of here" or "I need to signal Oliver"- no, it's "I want Alex." LAter, she's crying over him after he was knocked out by Anarchy.

Wha....

Let's put aside the fact that Thea should be sneaking around, looking for a way to either call for help if not just break out. Can someone tell me WHY Thea cares about this vanilla guy so much? We got ZERO character development with him this season. It was just one minute Thea doesn't seem to like him, the next she's dating him. The only time we ever really see him is on their dates, of which we get- what, 2? 3? And on top of all of that, this whole relationship was rendered moot when Roy came back and they declared their undying love for one another before he had to leave again, so this guy is at best a rebound. Why does she care about him? Why should WE care about him? Is it Thea just wanting SOMETHING normal in her life? It makes no logical sense!

Also, if Mr. Dennis isn't dead by the end of this season, than the writers have managed to fail even more spectacularly than I already think they have. And THAT'S saying something.

They nuked a city, or at least a town. Pretty hardcore. Should be some big "fallout" from that.

It's only now that they're bothering to explain Merlyn's new robot hand ?

Wow, Felicity got booted out of the company as unceremoniously as Oliver was in season 2. I guess it is really hard to balance running a company while managing a Superhero career (even if Bruce Wayne always makes it look easy), though Dennis always seemed to have it out for Felicity from the start. I wonder what this means for PalmerTech and it becoming SmoakTech in the future?

Felicity and Calculator sneaking into Curtis' lab reminded me that we haven't seen him since he discovered Team Arrow's identities. I wonder if he'll reappear and contribute anything in the finale? He probably could have helped quite a bit here.

While I guess I understand where Donna was coming from in having Lance be open and proud of knowing his daughter was the Black Canary rather then just lying about it to keep his job, I really have to wonder where he's going to go from here now that he's probably completely lost his job at the SCPD. Is he just going to do Diggle's thing from season 3 where he primarily drives everybody around and is another hand with a gun when they need it? Maybe he should run for mayor ?

I was surprised to see Brick here, along with Murmur, as part of HIVE's enforcers. I'm almost surprised Count Vertigo didn't turn up along with them (that might've been fun). At least Ollie finally got to fight him, though Brick seemed a heck of a lot more agile and skilled then he did in season 3.

It was nice to see Calculator back, and his dynamic with Felicity was really fun to watch. It's interesting to see him reflecting on how he wishes he could've been a better father and husband to his family, despite being an unrepentant criminal and manipulator, and it really seems like he genuinely cares about Felicity.

Though the last time we saw Noah, he was being arrested by Lance...so how did he escape custody? Was he part of the Iron Heights breakout and I just didn't catch them mentioning that?

Heh. Oliver takes offense to the president thinking he wears a "Halloween Costume" .

Poor Alex. He was completely oblivious to Thea's double-life, gets brainwashed, and then killed by a Yandere Anarky. I always thought he was a nice, smart, guy who, while probably never able to replace Roy in thea's life, seemed to really like her and kill her. And now that's gotten him killed.

Wow. HIVE was actually successful in nuking a populated area, even if Felicity was able to redirect the missile so it hit a less populated place, but thousands still died. And with all those deaths Darhk now has even more power then he had before. Green Arrow is going to need a lot of hope if he's going to have any chance of stopping Darhk.
    Last edited by Frontier; 05-11-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's only now that they're bothering to explain Merlyn's new robot hand ?

Wow, Felicity got booted out of the company as unceremoniously as Oliver was in season 2. I guess it is really hard to balance running a company while managing a Superhero career (even if Bruce Wayne always makes it look easy), though Dennis always seemed to have it out for Felicity from the start. I wonder what this means for PalmerTech and it becoming SmoakTech in the future?
    I'm hoping that the board decided to celebrate firing Felicity by taking a retreat- to Havenwood

I would love for it to be revealed that Felicity allowed Curtis to keep the patents on his technology instead of turning them over to PalmerTech, thus taking away all of the useful tech he created from them and allowing the pair to set up a new company. I know that's not how it works in real life, but since when do these writers care about that?

Spectacular Member

Could the Smoaks be anymore preachy? Seriously....high horses...hop off em

BANNED

Willa Holland is too good for this show.

Incredible Member

Apparently there was no way with seconds counting down for Felicity to choose a completely unpopulated area to steer the nuke into and she did the best she could, but my god, she just essentially killed tens of thousands of people. Saved millions, yes, make no mistake, but if the writers want to make the most of her character they will have this haunt her for a good long time. I would think anyone in her position now would be devastated.