Page 339 of 598 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's only now that they're bothering to explain Merlyn's new robot hand ?

Wow, Felicity got booted out of the company as unceremoniously as Oliver was in season 2. I guess it is really hard to balance running a company while managing a Superhero career (even if Bruce Wayne always makes it look easy), though Dennis always seemed to have it out for Felicity from the start. I wonder what this means for PalmerTech and it becoming SmoakTech in the future?
    As I recall, Ray turned over his shares of PalmerTech to Felicity. Yes, the board can fire Felicity (though they may have to pay out her contract), but depending on how many shares Felicity actually owns, they will be sorry. She'll be back. Payback will be sweet.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Apparently there was no way with seconds counting down for Felicity to choose a completely unpopulated area to steer the nuke into and she did the best she could, but my god, she just essentially killed tens of thousands of people. Saved millions, yes, make no mistake, but if the writers want to make the most of her character they will have this haunt her for a good long time. I would think anyone in her position now would be devastated.
    She didn't kill anybody. She didn't launch the nukes. This is on HIVE, not Felicity.

Sandy Hausler

I'm really curious how they're gonna BS their way outta this one, considering how powerful Damien was before. He should be basically god after this massacre.

A shame for Alex though, I liked him. Anarky should've killed Malcolm instead.

BANNED

Apparently there was no way with seconds counting down for Felicity to choose a completely unpopulated area to steer the nuke into and she did the best she could, but my god, she just essentially killed tens of thousands of people. Saved millions, yes, make no mistake, but if the writers want to make the most of her character they will have this haunt her for a good long time. I would think anyone in her position now would be devastated.
    Felicity didn't kill anyone; she's not responsible for those deaths. Had it not been for her intervention, the toll would have been exponentially worse. Now, does that mean she won't still feel some guilt over them? I'm sure she will. But when her friends tell her it wasn't her fault, they'll be speaking the truth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    She didn't kill anybody. She didn't launch the nukes. This is on HIVE, not Felicity.

Sandy Hausler
    Yes that's true and that's what her teammates will tell her, but she may not see it that way. A sense of guilt does not always listen to reason.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

It's a really interesting development for Felicity, who's never had to make the kind of call that led to anyone's death, much less tens of thousands.

BANNED

I missed a few minutes here and there, so did they ever offer an explanation as the why--since the device they needed was in Curtis' lab--they didn't just send Curtis in to get it, rather than planning a complicated heist?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Felicity didn't kill anyone; she's not responsible for those deaths. Had it not been for her intervention, the toll would have been exponentially worse. Now, does that mean she won't still feel some guilt over them? I'm sure she will. But when her friends tell her it wasn't her fault, they'll be speaking the truth.
    On a grand scale you are right, her actions resulted in less people dying. But if I understand correctly Felicity made the missle change targets, so if my family was in the city that was hit they'd be alive if Felicity hadn't intervened or if she had changed the GPS coordinates to read further east or west. Felicity isn't responsible for the fact people in general died, but she is responsible for which people died since she changed where the missle impacted. I'm not arguing she did the wrong thing as there really was no good choice here, but I can see Felicity herself and people who lost loved ones arguing that Felicity is responsible for the deaths that did occur.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    On a grand scale you are right, her actions resulted in less people dying. But if I understand correctly Felicity made the missle change targets, so if my family was in the city that was hit they'd be alive if Felicity hadn't intervened or if she had changed the GPS coordinates to read further east or west. Felicity isn't responsible for the fact people in general died, but she is responsible for which people died since she changed where the missle impacted. I'm not arguing she did the wrong thing as there really was no good choice here, but I can see Felicity herself and people who lost loved ones arguing that Felicity is responsible for the deaths that did occur.
    As I said, I expect Felicity will feel some guilt over the deaths. But that's not the same as it actually being her fault. People often feel responsible and guilty for things that, realistically, they had little to no control over. Had Felicity done nothing, millions would have died instead of thousands. And the nature of the scenario gave her limited options as the where she could redirect the missile. She did the best she could under impossible circumstances. And it's also unlikely that anyone outside of Team Arrow will ever know about Felicity's involvement.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-12-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    As I said, I expect Felicity will feel some guilt over the deaths. But that's not the same as it actually being her fault. People often feel responsible and guilty for things that, realistically, they had little to no control over. Had Felicity done nothing, millions would have died instead of thousands. And the nature of the scenario gave her limited options as the where she could redirect the missile. She did the best she could under impossible. circumstances.
    I pretty much agree with what you are saying, but there is still the fact that Felicity's actions meant that people died in Havenrock who would not have died if the missle had hit Monument Point. I doubt that any argument based on the lower number of casualties will sway people whose family and friends were in Havenrock

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I pretty much agree with what you are saying, but there is still the fact that Felicity's actions meant that people died in Havenrock who would not have died if the missle had hit Monument Point. I doubt that any argument based on the lower number of casualties will sway people whose family and friends were in Havenrock
    Depends on where the fallout lands. They could be downwind from the radioactive ash and those thousands could die from radiation poisoning and developing cancer. Better to go in an instant and leave a shadow on the wall then have that.

Incredible Member

I'm sure Felicity was hoping the missile would hit in an unpopulated area- woods or water or fields or whatever- by throwing it off by 20 miles and she just didn't have time to check the map because the clock had her. It reminds me of the end of Season 1 though. When she failed to prevent the earthquake in the Glades and the shaking started, as far as I remember that was the first time we saw Felicity cry and it was a powerful moment, because she was a very beloved character back then. She didn't feel guilty then because she caused the quake, only because she couldn't stop it. And that was a drop in the ocean compared to a nuclear blast.

Yikes, that was intense! No idea how Felicity is going to recover from this one. Both losing the company and the missile redirect.

Not quite sure how I feel about Donna snooping around Lance's stuff. I like that her experience with her ex has made her a little paranoid and untrusting of romantic partners, but...it's hard for her to take the moral high ground here.

I'm glad Merlyn pointed out the flaw in the audio loop. I guess Thea is taking a page out of Barry Allen's book by telling Anarky her entire name before revealing she is Speedy. I'm sure if she had time, she would've given him the last four digits of her social security number. That was creepy how he sees her as his mother, though.

Felicity and Calculator sneaking into Curtis' lab reminded me that we haven't seen him since he discovered Team Arrow's identities. I wonder if he'll reappear and contribute anything in the finale? He probably could have helped quite a bit here.
    I'm sure he will show up. If he's going to be a regular next season, he's due one more appearance this season, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm glad Merlyn pointed out the flaw in the audio loop. I guess Thea is taking a page out of Barry Allen's book by telling Anarky her entire name before revealing she is Speedy. I'm sure if she had time, she would've given him the last four digits of her social security number. That was creepy how he sees her as his mother, though.
    I imagine Thea was probably kicking herself for not packing her costume, so she wouldn't have had to tell Anarky anything to get him to recognize her, even if she was going on vacation and didn't want to chance Alex finding it. It certainly wouldn't have hurt to be prepared.

BANNED

I imagine Thea was probably kicking herself for not packing her costume, so she wouldn't have had to tell Anarky anything to get him to recognize her, even if she was going on vacation and didn't want to chance Alex finding it. It certainly wouldn't have hurt to be prepared.
    She didn't have to tell Anarky her name to get him to recognize her. In fact, since he likely had no idea who Thea Queen was, telling him her name did nothing to help him recognize her. He recognized her because she told him she was the one who burned his face off. She didn't need to tell him her name to get that message across.