Page 327 of 598 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did think having an actual visual for Banshee's sonic attack was a lot better then Laurel just making a screaming pose for the Canary Cry.
    I want to see Silver Banshee and Black Canary get into a screaming match.

Interesting turn of events. Supergirl was saved by ordinary humans by stopping an electrical attack from a villain, and Green Arrow was saved by an ordinary human, Felicity, by her using an electrical attack against a villain.

Woah, not only Flash surprised me, but Arrow too has presented me a cool episode despite a weak villain starring in it this week.
    The bee puns were surprisingly funny, Curtis was awesome and I'm REALLY curious who Andy is really working for.
    Plus, let's place our bets who dies next week!
    I say Thea!

Only thing that bugged me (heh) was that stupid Beeman. I mean, could that guy in the leather suit be MORE obvious? This would have been one of the instances where complete CGI would have looked way better for what they were going for.

BANNED

This was a mostly awful episode. The high point was the post-sparring banter between Laurel, Thea, Dig, and Ollie at the beginning. But it was downhill from there. Curtis' giddy fanboy act was beyond annoying. Ollie was being a dick when he yelled at him but A) he made a valid point and B) I enjoyed watching him do it. But even Curtis's grating paled in comparison to Bug Eyed Bandit (seriously, why didn't they call her Queen Bee). Whoever wrote all of those bone-achingly awful "bee" lines should be taken out to the edge of the studio lot run over with a golf cart. Back and forth. Repeatedly. Emily Kinney certainly didn't do herself any favors with her performance, but the writing was so soul-wrenchingly awful that I have to dish her some benefit of the doubt, if only out of pity. And is there even a point to flashbacks any more? Is there some kind of plot going on there? By my count we've only got one more season of them, so unless season 5's flashbacks are nothing but Ollie training with a phalanx of martial arts and archery masters 24 7 at some hidden dojo on the island, we still won't have a satisfactory source for where he acquired all of his fighting skill.

I'm starting to think that whoever dies might be getting off easy.

And it looks like next week we have Barry one-on-one against Zoom, and fighting Zoom is what kept Barry from being there for Oliver and attend the funeral service, so it definitely looks like we're getting to the point where the big death happens.

Flash - Supergirl crossover, the gift that keeps on giving? Batman v Superman drumming up more interest in DC superheroes? It's a good week for our superheroes coming off an awful week the week before for what ever reason.

First Supergirl got the highest ratings since February, after a season low in ratings the previous week.

Then The Flash had a 14% increase in ratings after a season low with a 21% drop in ratings the previous week.

Now Arrow has a 26% increase in ratings from a 30% drop in ratings, also a season low, the previous week.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Flash - Supergirl crossover, the gift that keeps on giving? Batman v Superman drumming up more interest in DC superheroes? It's a good week for our superheroes coming off an awful week the week before for what ever reason.

First Supergirl got the highest ratings since February, after a season low in ratings the previous week.

Then The Flash had a 14% increase in ratings after a season low with a 21% drop in ratings the previous week.

Now Arrow has a 26% increase in ratings from a 30% drop in ratings, also a season low, the previous week.
    That's awesome! Here's hoping Legends gets a boost too .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Woah, not only Flash surprised me, but Arrow too has presented me a cool episode despite a weak villain starring in it this week.
    The bee puns were surprisingly funny, Curtis was awesome and I'm REALLY curious who Andy is really working for.
    Plus, let's place our bets who dies next week!
    I say Thea!

Only thing that bugged me (heh) was that stupid Beeman. I mean, could that guy in the leather suit be MORE obvious? This would have been one of the instances where complete CGI would have looked way better for what they were going for.
    Networking those robotic bees into a humanoid avatar that could actually fight was an interesting twist, even if the execution wasn't entirely well-done. Mostly, I was just thinking, "Where can I find a pic of that guy so I can save it on my hard drive?"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Nice seeing the Bug-Eyed-Bandit again. She has been one of the better villains to appear on FLASH and ARROW.
    Emily Kinney does a swell job protraying her.
    Although since she only used Robotic Bees perhaps she should change her name to QUEEN BEE.

Haven't seen the latest ep yet since I could barely make it through the Cupid episode. I'm still pissed that they killed off Lawton because he and Cupid had great chemistry and they could have been a fun villain/antihero couple that works with Diggle and Lyla. I'm sure there's some other DC team name they could've dug out of mothballs if they didn't want to use the name Suicide Squad. Maybe do a Sinister Six.

Also, I'm far from the first person to say this but Olicity has ruined this show. I hate pining, domesticated Oliver and much preferred him as the guy from S1 & S2 with multiple love interests (meaning I don't care for Oliver/Laurel either). Felicity herself is great but she was way better as his sidekick/friend than the main love interest.

This show was so good for a while, and there's a lot of wasted potential. After watching Daredevil and how S2 of that show juggled multiple storylines, I think Arrow could do similar things. It could even have its own Punisher. Introduce Adrian Chase as Laurel's new boss, where he's a prosecutor who really wants to go hard against crime in Star City. But by night, he's secretly going out as Vigilante, and basically acting like S1 Oliver. Then Thea joins up with him as a way to sate her bloodlust. Maybe use Damien Dahrk more sparingly instead of stretching him out for the whole season.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    Haven't seen the latest ep yet since I could barely make it through the Cupid episode. I'm still pissed that they killed off Lawton because he and Cupid had great chemistry and they could have been a fun villain/antihero couple that works with Diggle and Lyla. I'm sure there's some other DC team name they could've dug out of mothballs if they didn't want to use the name Suicide Squad. Maybe do a Sinister Six.

Also, I'm far from the first person to say this but Olicity has ruined this show. I hate pining, domesticated Oliver and much preferred him as the guy from S1 & S2 with multiple love interests (meaning I don't care for Oliver/Laurel either). Felicity herself is great but she was way better as his sidekick/friend than the main love interest.

This show was so good for a while, and there's a lot of wasted potential. After watching Daredevil and how S2 of that show juggled multiple storylines, I think Arrow could do similar things. It could even have its own Punisher. Introduce Adrian Chase as Laurel's new boss, where he's a prosecutor who really wants to go hard against crime in Star City. But by night, he's secretly going out as Vigilante, and basically acting like S1 Oliver. Then Thea joins up with him as a way to sate her bloodlust. Maybe use Damien Dahrk more sparingly instead of stretching him out for the whole season.
    Thea doesn't have her bloodlust anymore.

Incredible Member

Echo Kellum Promoted to Series Regular for Season 5

Here’s some Terrific news for fans of Arrow‘s Echo Kellum.

Fresh off of the episode in which Palmer Tech whiz Curtis Holt stumbled upon the Arrowcave, er, “bunker” and its many secrets, Kellum has been promoted to series regular status, effective with Season 5 (premiering this fall).

Kellum made his debut on the CW series in Season 4’s second episode, as the genius developer who has helped CEO Felicity Smoak keep Palmer Tech afloat.

The actor’s pre-Arrow TV credits include Ben and Kate, Sean Saves the World and You’re the Worst.

Arrow continues Season 4 this Wednesday with its 18th episode, “Eleven-Fifty-Nine,” in which Oliver and Diggle find out Malcolm wants to break Darhk out of prison and Laurel gets a surprising offer.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    This was a mostly awful episode. The high point was the post-sparring banter between Laurel, Thea, Dig, and Ollie at the beginning. But it was downhill from there. Curtis' giddy fanboy act was beyond annoying. Ollie was being a dick when he yelled at him but A) he made a valid point and B) I enjoyed watching him do it. But even Curtis's grating paled in comparison to Bug Eyed Bandit (seriously, why didn't they call her Queen Bee). Whoever wrote all of those bone-achingly awful "bee" lines should be taken out to the edge of the studio lot run over with a golf cart. Back and forth. Repeatedly. Emily Kinney certainly didn't do herself any favors with her performance, but the writing was so soul-wrenchingly awful that I have to dish her some benefit of the doubt, if only out of pity. And is there even a point to flashbacks any more? Is there some kind of plot going on there? By my count we've only got one more season of them, so unless season 5's flashbacks are nothing but Ollie training with a phalanx of martial arts and archery masters 24 7 at some hidden dojo on the island, we still won't have a satisfactory source for where he acquired all of his fighting skill.

I'm starting to think that whoever dies might be getting off easy.
    Finally! I found someone who shares the exact same thoughts on this episode as I do.
    Curtis is like a combination of Felicity + Cisco. Those two are annoying enough on their own, but when you combine them? You get...Curtis. A never-ending flood of pop-culture references and childish behavior--The other members of the team chastising Oliver for yelling at him was so Disney Channel teen sitcom-y.

To make things worse, I kept confusing Kinney with Rachael Harris.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Finally! I found someone who shares the exact same thoughts on this episode as I do.
    Curtis is like a combination of Felicity + Cisco. Those two are annoying enough on their own, but when you combine them? You get...Curtis. A never-ending flood of pop-culture references and childish behavior--The other members of the team chastising Oliver for yelling at him was so Disney Channel teen sitcom-y.

To make things worse, I kept confusing Kinney with Rachael Harris.
    I thought Curtis was kind of cute and sweet. But then again I like Felicity and Cisco.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I thought Curtis was kind of cute and sweet. But then again I like Felicity and Cisco.
    I've always liked Felicity. I've come to like Cisco, after initially disliking him. But Curtis just annoys me.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Curtis is annoying, Felicity is tolerable but I like Cisco. He's funny, brilliant and is sort of a geek, which makes for some hilarious moments.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor