Page 528 of 598 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538578 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Kinda looks like they are casting to mold a better goatee.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    There was never a body, but Merlyn isn't back.
    If Merlyn ever comes back, I don't expect it to be until the legitimate final season and endgame of the show (assuming Barrowman is up for it. I recall he wasn't too happy with how Merlyn went out in season 5).
    Stephen's wife Cassandra has been cast as Nora Fries in the crossover. I wonder if they are going to reverse it- Nora being Mrs. Freeze with Victor being the one on ice.
    I thought about that too, especially since there wasn't any news about Victor being cast, but I also saw it suggested that they might set her up as a supporting character for Batwoman's show.

I am kind of curious how much of a meaty role they would give Stephen's wife.
    Kinda looks like they are casting to mold a better goatee.
    I'm curious if the new Green Arrow costume with the goatee will be different from Ollie's 2046 look on Legends...

BANNED

Stephen's wife Cassandra has been cast as Nora Fries in the crossover. I wonder if they are going to reverse it- Nora being Mrs. Freeze with Victor being the one on ice.
    Nora's part of the cast of Batwoman and she's described as the wife of Mr. Freeze

Victor Fries doppelganger a la Henry Allen/Jay Garrick? Just spitballing.
    Last edited by mrj_rich; 09-15-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Jeremy Davies has been cast in the crossover as Dr. John Deegan. The leading speculation is that this is Doctor Destiny (aka John Dee in the comics).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Merlyn ever comes back, I don't expect it to be until the legitimate final season and endgame of the show (assuming Barrowman is up for it. I recall he wasn't too happy with how Merlyn went out in season 5).
    I feel the same way. And not being happy with how he went out wouldn't preclude him from coming back- Manu Bennett famously hated what they did to Slade in Season 3 and said as much publicly and often, but they were still able to bring him back in Seasons 5/6.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Jeremy Davies has been cast in the crossover as Dr. John Deegan. The leading speculation is that this is Doctor Destiny (aka John Dee in the comics).
    I'm guessing they're setting up Batwoman's supporting cast/Rogues Gallery...

Retired

From Wikipedia: "John Dee (13 July 1527 – 1608 or 1609) was an English mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, occult philosopher, and advisor to Queen Elizabeth I. He devoted much of his life to the study of alchemy, divination, and Hermetic philosophy. He was also an advocate of England's imperial expansion into a 'British Empire', a term he is generally credited with coining. Dee straddled the worlds of modern science and magic just as the former was emerging."

Of course, Doctor Destiny isn't that John Dee--or is he? Gaiman used the name John Dee in SANDMAN and probably meant to associate the comic book John Dee with the real-life occult John Dee.

Too bad the Legends of Tomorrow aren't around to investigate. I'd like to see them go back to the Elizabethan period and get involved in court intrigue--maybe partner up with Bill Shakespeare and Dick Burbage. It would fit with the theme of this season for LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing they're setting up Batwoman's supporting cast/Rogues Gallery...
    Has Doc Destiny been a recurring character in the Batwoman comics? (I've never read them.)

I feel the same way. And not being happy with how he went out wouldn't preclude him from coming back- Manu Bennett famously hated what they did to Slade in Season 3 and said as much publicly and often, but they were still able to bring him back in Seasons 5/6.
    Barrowman is on good terms with DC he was just on some roundtables thing. I think it was for Batman day. But I dont see Merlyn coming back and helping Oliver unless its directly to help Thea. So doubt hes the fake GA. Unless this GA is straight murdering people again and making a bad impression then maybe.

I hope the Deathstroke ban is off the table again. It seems dumb they are gonna have two flashes and Two super girls. Supermans popped up a couple times on TV. The whole idea of a ban is dumb and inconsistent. Plus Manu as Slade is a bright spot in the Flarrowverse even though I feel like on paper it's bad casting. AnD he doesnt really play him like how I'd want slade played. But the way he does do it is his own and works for the shows. Less cerebral then I'd like Slade but so endearing from the get go for some reason. The way he call Ollie kid is the most endearing part of the flarrowverse for me personaly iono why cause its just a common petname

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    From Wikipedia: "John Dee (13 July 1527 – 1608 or 1609) was an English mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, occult philosopher, and advisor to Queen Elizabeth I. He devoted much of his life to the study of alchemy, divination, and Hermetic philosophy. He was also an advocate of England's imperial expansion into a 'British Empire', a term he is generally credited with coining. Dee straddled the worlds of modern science and magic just as the former was emerging."

Of course, Doctor Destiny isn't that John Dee--or is he? Gaiman used the name John Dee in SANDMAN and probably meant to associate the comic book John Dee with the real-life occult John Dee.

Too bad the Legends of Tomorrow aren't around to investigate. I'd like to see them go back to the Elizabethan period and get involved in court intrigue--maybe partner up with Bill Shakespeare and Dick Burbage. It would fit with the theme of this season for LOT.

Has Doc Destiny been a recurring character in the Batwoman comics? (I've never read them.)
    I don't think so but i could see them bringing outside/obscure villains to face her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    No, but I wouldn't be surprised if they planted him in there all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I hope the Deathstroke ban is off the table again. It seems dumb they are gonna have two flashes and Two super girls. Supermans popped up a couple times on TV. The whole idea of a ban is dumb and inconsistent. Plus Manu as Slade is a bright spot in the Flarrowverse even though I feel like on paper it's bad casting. AnD he doesnt really play him like how I'd want slade played. But the way he does do it is his own and works for the shows. Less cerebral then I'd like Slade but so endearing from the get go for some reason. The way he call Ollie kid is the most endearing part of the flarrowverse for me personaly iono why cause its just a common petname
    DC's embargoes have never made sense.

Astonishing Member

I agree with that. Because Slade is on TV, that doesn't stop me from seeing a movie. What stops me is that they are crappy all on their own.

As far as Arrow, I have to say that the preview info doesn't excite me at all. Nor do the Supergirl previes as they seem to be moving into making statements as compared to plots.

Mighty Member

William pulled a Nora Allen and came back from the future!?!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Does anybody cringe anytime someone says "I just want to keep you safe" in one of these shows?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I agree with that. Because Slade is on TV, that doesn't stop me from seeing a movie. What stops me is that they are crappy all on their own.
    I can't remember where, but I thought I heard that they want to use Slade on Titans, with a different actor.