Page 573 of 598 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Good first episode.Except the oh so boring 2040 stuff. What is the point? A spinoff nobody will watch?

So Bruce Wayne's name is mentioned. Chase sounded like he knew he was Batman. Did he die on the Island? We saw the cowl. Did Earth 2's Oliver also die on the Island? Questions, questions, never to be answered, as Earth 2 is gone.
    Since Oliver Queen's father was the original Green Arrow on Earth 2, I'm guessing the cowl with the arrow in it belonged to Thomas Wayne.

Perhaps on this earth Bruce is simply a detective and not Batman, or maybe just a bored billionaire who passes off Arthur Conan Doyle quotes as his own...

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Since Oliver Queen's father was the original Green Arrow on Earth 2, I'm guessing the cowl with the arrow in it belonged to Thomas Wayne.

Perhaps on this earth Bruce is simply a detective and not Batman, or maybe just a bored billionaire who passes off Arthur Conan Doyle quotes as his own...
    Thanks. Is that comic Earth 2 or Arrowverse Earth 2? Either way, they are going to have to explain it to the TV audience.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Thanks. Is that comic Earth 2 or Arrowverse Earth 2? Either way, they are going to have to explain it to the TV audience.
    It's Arrowverse Earth 2. There was a news report in the background of an ep of FLASH with Oliver's father being revealed as the Green Arrow (I think after he died?). It's not an explicit connection to FLASHPOINT, but I just kind of figured since the Batman cowl replaced Deathstroke's that it could be a Thomas Wayne version of Batman. Of course in FLASHPOINT Bruce Wayne was killed by the mugger instead of his parents, so it's not a perfect fit if he's still up and running around. But the idea of Thomas Wayne playing the Slade Wilson role of friend turned antagonist is kind of cool...

We also know that Earth 1 Batman has gone missing, so it's possible that he's running around the Multiverse, too...

It's Arrowverse Earth 2. There was a news report in the background of an ep of FLASH with Oliver's father being revealed as the Green Arrow (I think after he died?). It's not an explicit connection to FLASHPOINT, but I just kind of figured since the Batman cowl replaced Deathstroke's that it could be a Thomas Wayne version of Batman. Of course in FLASHPOINT Bruce Wayne was killed by the mugger instead of his parents, so it's not a perfect fit if he's still up and running around. But the idea of Thomas Wayne playing the Slade Wilson role of friend turned antagonist is kind of cool...

We also know that Earth 1 Batman has gone missing, so it's possible that he's running around the Multiverse, too...
    Just had a thought- what if Kevin Conroy's Bruce Wayne is actually supposed to be Kate Kane's cousin? Maybe the reason he vanished 3 years ago was that he got too old for that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just had a thought- what if Kevin Conroy's Bruce Wayne is actually supposed to be Kate Kane's cousin? Maybe the reason he vanished 3 years ago was that he got too old for that ****.
    I hadn't thought of that, but there's no reason why he couldn't be. They've never specified Batman's age on Earth 1, have they? So yeah, a definite possibility. And I think they are going to want something to draw more viewers into BATWOMAN during COIE since it's the newest show.

a couple of things I noticed-

1. Wasn't the Green Arrow of Earth 2 revealed to be Robert Queen?
    Robert Queen was the Earth 2 Hood. He was caught by the authorities.

That wouldn't preclude someone else taking up the identity later. What they never explained was where Tommy got the skills to become the Hood. His father (on Earth 1, but apparently not on Earth 2) had been trained by the Brotherhood of Assassins. Ollie was trained by Yao Fei and others over the five years. But how does Tommy come to be an expert archer?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I am not the best at keeping all this straight, but does this mean the Jay and Joan we just saw in "The Flash" are gone?
    They come from Earth 3, which has not (yet) been destroyed. TV numbering is different from the comic numbering.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I hadn't thought of that, but there's no reason why he couldn't be. They've never specified Batman's age on Earth 1, have they? So yeah, a definite possibility. And I think they are going to want something to draw more viewers into BATWOMAN during COIE since it's the newest show.
    I think they did say that Bruce and Kate became close after Bruce's parents were killed, so there's no way Bruce is that much older than Kate.

Loved this premiere! I was disoriented for a bit (I think that was the point), but I like the full circle feeling of this episode. Bringing it back to Oliver and where it all started. Sad bit about Thea of that Earth. It might've been too complicated, but I would have liked them to address the fact that Tommy knew she was his half sister, and that made it even more personal when he lost her.

Black Siren had a great look! Chase as the Hood was pretty cool too.

There really is no tension when it comes to Oliver dying, if you think about it. At the end of last season, Older Felicity met up with the Monitor and said that she had been waiting to see 'him' for a long time, after which the Monitor opened a portal for her to walk through. I take that to mean that Oliver won't die.
    There are things worse than death, though. It's been speculated that he and Felicity may take on the same role as the Golden Age Superman and Lois did in the original crisis. Or Oliver will end up rebooted/blank slated and end up forgetting everything about himself and Felicity. Or he could be given "one final hour" outside of time like Rex Tyler in the JSA comics and Felicity gets to see him in that pocket universe before he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The Future flash forwards, can't say I really care for them, other than evil John Jr (JJ) as NuDeathstroke was an interesting surprise. But now I'm thinking the point of them is that it will be revealed they've been on the merged earth (the outcome of Crisis) this whole time.
    The future isn't as interesting as the present with the characters we have followed these years, but I do enjoy seeing it. I'm hoping JJ is deep undercover or something. I do think it's going to be important for them to exist when it comes to the series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Maybe Harry is the Wells who becomes Pariah? If I remember Pariah’s origin from the comic, he was a scientist who screwed up. Looked at the origin of the universe or whatever. I can see Harry, even in his dumbed down state, making a mad scientist mistake and getting burned.
    If not RIP Harry along with Jesse, Barry, Iris, Solivar and badshot Lawton.
    I’m guessing Earth 19 (home of Breacher, Gypsy, Accerated Man and the late HR) is next on the chopping block.
    Anyway great episode. Hell of a way to kick off the final season.
    That would be a great twist! I'd be super upset if Harry just got killed off like that with his Earth. Harry made more appearances than the other Wellses, and he deserves more than that. So Earth 1, 2, 3, 19, 38...what other Earths have had prominent roles before?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    The future stuff, I don't really care for now more than ever. We have 10 episodes of the show left, every minute they spend in the future is time not spent on the present with the characters we have grown to love over the past several years. That sucks. Just for my own curiosity I am going to add up the minutes spent on the future stuff. Odds are over the course of 10 episodes we are losing at least one full episode for the present day story. That's annoying to me.
    We've lost Felicity, Curtis, and Roy from the main characters, though. So we weren't going to get half of last year's cast anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    What they never explained was where Tommy got the skills to become the Hood. His father (on Earth 1, but apparently not on Earth 2) had been trained by the Brotherhood of Assassins. Ollie was trained by Yao Fei and others over the five years. But how does Tommy come to be an expert archer?
    He said he was married and divorced twice. I'm guessing he had a lot of experience honing his reflexes.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think they did say that Bruce and Kate became close after Bruce's parents were killed, so there's no way Bruce is that much older than Kate.
    From what we have seen Batman was active when Kate was still a little girl 15 years ago(batwoman ep 2 ) So he is atleast five to 6 yrs older as I imagine a Batman from 15yrs ago to be atleast 21. And going by the timeframe he might also have been the first vigilante in the arrowverse. Something Oliver clamied as his own title during last years crossover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Jesse did sub as Flash of Earth 3 when Jay was MIA during the Savitar storyline they could say she was visiting or helping Jay if they choose to spare her.
    Wasn't Jay supposed to be training a protege to take over for him? Wonder where she was at.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Maybe this Q@A will answer some questions about episode 1 of Season 8.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/16/the-fl...on-8-premiere/

Love this episode. Earth-2, All the actor call backs. The Anti-Matter Wave roaring through and killing every one but one person.
    Batman Easter Eggs.
    B+
    I can never give ARROW episode an 'A' as long as they are doing these flash forwards. Mia and Friends are a bore to watch.

Astonishing Member

Pretty good show, orders of magnitude better than Supergirl and Flash openings. They were plot messes of whining and totally stupid super science crap. At least the Arrow folks can put on some good fights compared to the idiocy of the Flash. Ollie faces the end without Barry's pity party. So much better acting.

Incredible Member

Now Black Siren "is" Power Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Pretty good show, orders of magnitude better than Supergirl and Flash openings. They were plot messes of whining and totally stupid super science crap. At least the Arrow folks can put on some good fights compared to the idiocy of the Flash. Ollie faces the end without Barry's pity party. So much better acting.
    What, you didn't like Barry running through the heat blast instead of, I don't know, dodging around it?