Page 90 of 598 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Ultimate Member

It's only been 4 episodes out of a 20+ episode season, be patient. They cannot focus on EVERY storyline at once, some of them are going to be in the background FOR NOW! They're clearly going somewhere with the Hong Kong stuff and I'm sure that it will get more focus later on in the season.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=110341

So Felicity's gone full-on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, oh yeah.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    spoilers:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=110341

So Felicity's gone full-on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, oh yeah.
    end of spoilers
    The Felicity hate is strong with that website.
    I'm interesting to see if she's the same person in those flashbacks: fast talking, adorkable etc.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    The Felicity hate is strong with that website.
    I'm interesting to see if she's the same person in those flashbacks: fast talking, adorkable etc.
    I think you mean the comments section. There's not much you can do with comments sections--they're usually monopolized by bottom feeders. And we all know there's a small but vocal segment of the population who are women-haters.

Felicity killed Sara.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 11-01-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Retired

Sara killed Sara. She turned the donkey wheel on the island went forward in time and killed herself. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think you mean the comments section. There's not much you can do with comments sections--they're usually monopolized by bottom feeders. And we all know there's a small but vocal segment of the population who are women-haters.
    I very much disagree with you there. I hate a lot of women, real, or fictional. Label it as misogny if you want, but that's not really it. Just happen to be that gender, and some very trying factors that justify my feelings.

And, calling people bottom feeders isn't nice, is actually a mean, degrading, looking down your nose at people thing, and I very much dislike it. I feel that you should be better than such supposed bad people, or hateful people, or just ones that are justified in hating a fictional character, such as Felicity, as am I, at times, as are we all, whether it be Joffrey Baratheon, Zachariah the Angel, or even Bullseye, Peter Parkers' landlord, or Jameson.

There's nothing wrong with that, and it's better to leave it be, ignore it and definitely not comment, especially in such a unlikeable and mean way. Even if they are mean, hateful, or anything like that, themselves.

Misogyny, as far as I am concerned, has little to do with my hatred or those numerous women, or of the character, to an extent, in question. And, I doubt in all cases in such comment sections, it has to do with them. Like I say, the gender shouldn't be the first or only thing to come to mind there, with there being other things about characters and indeed people, that factor in. Certainly with Laurel, for many watching Arrow, or with Felicity.

Moira, to an extent for me, but that's another kettle of fish.

I'll leave it at that if you will.

I know Nyssa can be a little extreme, but I felt really bad for her here because all her actions were obviously out of grief. I'm hoping future appearances will have her train Laurel.

We finally get to see Ollie and Merlyn interact, and it was sweet. Merlyn still sees himself superior to the Arrow in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    So we know
    Komodo didn't kill Sara
    Merlin swears he didn't kill Sara
    presumably Nyssa didn't kill Sara
    It's possible Ra's killed Sara
    I guess I wasn't wowed by Ra's when they finally revealed him, but I'm still optimistic. No matter who actually killed Sara, I'm sure Ra's was the one who made the call.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    The mentioned bloodhaven but not gotham i'm thinking talia might be too far. Jmho
    Wayne Enterprises was mentioned on Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Does anyone remember if Oliver was doing anything that would make it impossible for him to have been the killer? Because I've got a theory that waller activated some brainwashing to have him kill her. It would fit with all the flashbacks.
    It would've been stupid for Waller to activate some kind of trigger when Roy was in the vicinity and could've easily met up with Arrow right when he would've supposedly killed Sara. Also, she was shot by arrows that Ollie didn't recognize, so was he brainwashed into packing different arrows and never noticed them in his quiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    It was Harrison Welles- obviously he needed Laurel to become Black Canary to keep history straight or else Sara posed a threat to Barry Allen <g>
    Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    However I am finally genuinely disappointed with something as of this episode (as are some others), and that is the portrayal of Ras al Ghul. The guy is going to have to act his socks off to change that (and I hope he does- fingers crossed). His look and voice are all wrong, I had real trouble seeing him as Nyssa's father, he doesn't even look old enough, and I'm starting to seriously wonder what live action's problem is in portraying this iconic character.
    Well, if they are going to make him immortal/able to regenerate, how old he looks shouldn't really be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I'm glad that we'll be seeing China White in the Hong Kong flashbacks, I was a little annoyed that she wasn't included in the island stories so far. But Amanda Waller's decisions keep on making absolutely no sense. I still don't see why she'd got through all this trouble to have Oliver as his operative, surely there are more qualified and willing candidates out there.
    Ollie is a complete unknown who is off the grid, and he's got great skills on top of that. She probably wouldn't get that with willing and able agents.

I was happy enough with Ras' myself. I do think his face is a little off, for what might fit with the Demon, or fit with your pre-conception of the character. But, I thought to myself, sure, little past make up, prosthetics, that you can do to really and truly, or radically, change a persons' face - short of plastic surgery or something like that.

And that wouldn't strike me as too fair on poor Nable.

But, he said the lines right, had a certain air. Dressed well for it. A good expression, as our last shot of him, to have for Nyssa, or himself, and all that.

Nice how seeing him was obscured, or view, for a while, and I wonder was he simply bathing, a regular, or special bath? Or, having a dip in the Lazarus Pit? I do wonder that.

And, if his other daughter, Talia Al Ghul, exists in Arrow and its' universe.

Interesting how he didn't view Sara as one of their own, but I can understand that, how much time in Starling City, with Sin - where is she and what's she up to? -, Oliver and her family, all that. Or, it could just be something from over the years, that she did, or did not do, like refusing to kill a target, as Oliver had with Tommy.

Or, simply sensing something about her, separate to all that. Sort of like that it's not about Sara, with getting Malcolm, but with what he did with the Undertaking. I do wonder just why that's not acceptable, or on, for the League here, as, as mentioned, there was a mass killing undergoing in Batman Begins and the League, and possibly even in The Dark Knight Rises, with Bane, a female ally and all them. Wonder what it was about Moira that made her a trustworthy source?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Ferris Air? It would be cool of they did a GL TV show, but I guess that'd be hard to pull off.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member

Thus far, the LOA seem to be just that, assassins. They seem to only go after specific targets, or people unlucky/stupid enough to get in their way. Even when they do go after innocents, like Nyssa with Sara's family or Thea, it tends to just be bait to lure out their real target. So maybe mass murder of a bunch of innocent people just isn't how they do things in this universe. Or maybe the fact that Malcolm's motives were personal and not professional is the problem, etc.

And I really think that they might be setting Nyssa up to turn on Ra's in the future. His casual dismissing of Sara/possible involvement in her death could be the catalyst and she didn't exactly look pleased with what he was saying. Plus those two don't exactly have a great relationship in the comics, so it wouldn't be without precedent either.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post

But, he said the lines right, had a certain air.
    See I had the opposite reaction. I thought his appearance was adequate, but the moment he opened his mouth he became horrible. Guy sounds like the sort of dope you'd expect to meet in cheap redneck bar. He doesn't convey the right vibe at all.

Thus far, the LOA seem to be just that, assassins. They seem to only go after specific targets, or people unlucky/stupid enough to get in their way. Even when they do go after innocents, like Nyssa with Sara's family or Thea, it tends to just be bait to lure out their real target. So maybe mass murder of a bunch of innocent people just isn't how they do things in this universe. Or maybe the fact that Malcolm's motives were personal and not professional is the problem, etc.

And I really think that they might be setting Nyssa up to turn on Ra's in the future. His casual dismissing of Sara/possible involvement in her death could be the catalyst and she didn't exactly look pleased with what he was saying. Plus those two don't exactly have a great relationship in the comics, so it wouldn't be without precedent either.
    How would Nyssa and Ras' be in the comics? Would Talia and he be better, or just not as bad?

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Nyssa hates Ra's in the comics. He left her to die at the hands of the Nazi's during WWII and her entire family DID die. So she concocts an elaborate plan to kill him. Compared to that, Ra's relationship with Talia is positively stable.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Nyssa hates Ra's in the comics. He left her to die at the hands of the Nazi's during WWII and her entire family DID die. So she concocts an elaborate plan to kill him. Compared to that, Ra's relationship with Talia is positively stable.
    end of spoilers
    Ah. Thank you. Yeah, a bit better between her and he, than Nyssa and him, definitely, by that. Thanks, Punisher007. Appreciate it.