Page 540 of 598 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Mighty Member

Supergirl and Batwoman make a great couple.

Loved the Diggle reveal fanboys will geek.

Anybody else think that they kind of lingered on Grant getting beat up in prison in the opening scene? I mean, he just kept getting punched

God, did I crack up at Grant Gustin doing the whole "My name is Oliver Queen!" intro routine xDDD

From ComicBook.com:

'Arrow' Brings Back Cupid, Deathstroke II, and China White in "Past Sins"
    By RUSS BURLINGAME - January 11, 2019

The CW has released the official synopsis for "Past Sins," the January 28 episode of Arrow from director David Ramsey.

The episode represents the first time that Ramsey, who has been a series regular since the pilot, has stepped behind the camera to direct an episode of Arrow.

The episode deals with Diggle and his wife Lyla, serving as the director of ARGUS, re-establishing the Ghost Initiative (as previously led by Damien Darhk way back in season 4)..

What is missing -- at least so far -- is any mention of Emiko Queen, the new Green Arrow. What is not missing? A treasury of villains including Deathstroke II (Liam Hall), Cupid (Amy Gumenick), and China White (Kelly Hu).

This seems to be the Arrow version of Suicide Squad, now that the term is off-limits because DC is using it in the movies.

The original Arrowverse Suicide Squad included Deadshot (Michael Rowe), Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White), and a handful of one- or two-and-done villains. Later iterations continued to appear until right around the time the first Suicide Squad feature film debuted in theaters.

Deathstroke II previously appeared in "Elseworlds," as one of the Arrow villains who were reimagined as Central City Police Department officers in the rewritten reality where Oliver Queen and Barry Allen were the Trigger Twins, a pair of outlaws who faced off against John Deegan's black-suited Superman.

You can check out the episode synopsis below.

DAVID RAMSEY DIRECTS HIS FIRST EPISODE OF ARROW

The past comes back to haunt both Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy). Curtis (Echo Kellum) is upset when he discovers that Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) have restarted The Ghost Initiative with Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo), China White (guest star Kelly Hu), Kane Wolfman (guest star Liam Hall) and Carrie Cutter (guest star Amy Gumenick).

David Ramsey directed the episode written by Onalee Hunter Hughes & Tonya Kong.

Arrow airs on Monday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT, before episodes of Black Lightning on The CW.

The CW has released the official synopsis for "Past Sins," the January 28 episode of Arrow from director David Ramsey.

The episode represents the first time that Ramsey, who has been a series regular since the pilot, has stepped behind the camera to direct an episode of Arrow.

The episode deals with Diggle and his wife Lyla, serving as the director of ARGUS, re-establishing the Ghost Initiative (as previously led by Damien Darhk way back in season 4)..

What is missing -- at least so far -- is any mention of Emiko Queen, the new Green Arrow. What is not missing? A treasury of villains including Deathstroke II (Liam Hall), Cupid (Amy Gumenick), and China White (Kelly Hu).

This seems to be the Arrow version of Suicide Squad, now that the term is off-limits because DC is using it in the movies.

The original Arrowverse Suicide Squad included Deadshot (Michael Rowe), Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White), and a handful of one- or two-and-done villains. Later iterations continued to appear until right around the time the first Suicide Squad feature film debuted in theaters.

Deathstroke II previously appeared in "Elseworlds," as one of the Arrow villains who were reimagined as Central City Police Department officers in the rewritten reality where Oliver Queen and Barry Allen were the Trigger Twins, a pair of outlaws who faced off against John Deegan's black-suited Superman.

You can check out the episode synopsis below.

DAVID RAMSEY DIRECTS HIS FIRST EPISODE OF ARROW

The past comes back to haunt both Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy). Curtis (Echo Kellum) is upset when he discovers that Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) have restarted The Ghost Initiative with Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo), China White (guest star Kelly Hu), Kane Wolfman (guest star Liam Hall) and Carrie Cutter (guest star Amy Gumenick).

David Ramsey directed the episode written by Onalee Hunter Hughes & Tonya Kong.

Arrow airs on Monday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT, before episodes of Black Lightning on The CW.

Looks like they found a way around a number of restrictions WB has imposed. No Suicide Squad? Call it the Ghost Initiative. No Slade Wilson? Put his kid in the suit. By why did they have to use Cupid?

Oh, and Oliver better kick Diggle's ass again for not only getting Diaz out of prison, but for putting him on ARGUS's Suicide Squad mark 2.

Mighty Member

Diaz joining a new version of the Suicide Squad!?!

More Diaz, Ugh! And we know the future story will me prevented, making it moot.
    Just meaningless padding. This show is starting to remind me of Lost.
    And that aint good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Emiko needs to use better knock-out gas. It lasted what, 30 seconds?

And the tradition of bad wigs continues with Rene in the absolute WORST wig I have ever seen. It makes Lance's flashback wig look GOOD.

Anyone else... well, annoyed, that child Zoe is clearly white, and adult Zoe is clearly black? I wish they would have cast an adult actress that at least looked a little like the child actress.

Nice to hear Robert's voice again... also nice to hear the names of those who have moved on... Thea, Walter...

It's nice that Lyla finally remembered that she was the DIRECTOR of ARGUS.

And there is Diggle turning into Waller. And Lyla called him out for it, too.

What are the odds that Diaz actually does kill Lyla? I hope not, but it could make things interesting next year during Crisis if she returns.

I love the one thing they kept from the comics continuity is that Queen Manor burned down. Can't wait to see Oliver face to face with his other sister next week.

That wig was unfortunate. To say the least.

I like the new GA. If Amell ever wanted to step away from the show, I'd like her as the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I like the new GA. If Amell ever wanted to step away from the show, I'd like her as the lead.
    Perhaps this is setting up Oliver dying in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Would be great if the iconic picture of Superman holding a dead Supergirl was Emiko holding Oliver's lifeless body with tears running down her face.

I think I know what might be going on. These new story lines mean very little screen time for Amell. Either Amell needed time off or he had so much to do in the Prison story that they came up with stories they could film at the same time without him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Anybody got an idea who the guy from the future is supposed to be? Rene`s partner I mean? Seems like he is gonna be the main villain for this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think I know what might be going on. These new story lines mean very little screen time for Amell. Either Amell needed time off or he had so much to do in the Prison story that they came up with stories they could film at the same time without him.
    I think per Hollywood North, all the midseason premiers were light on the leads (Amell, Benoist, and Gustin) because all three were in Chicago filming the crossover when these episodes were filmed. I don't think that's right for Melissa- it felt like she still had a lot of screen time on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think per Hollywood North, all the midseason premiers were light on the leads (Amell, Benoist, and Gustin) because all three were in Chicago filming the crossover when these episodes were filmed. I don't think that's right for Melissa- it felt like she still had a lot of screen time on Sunday.
    So there might be something to that. Shame, because that future stuff is a waste.