Page 591 of 598 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacts, just wish it hadn't been made into such a ****-tastic action figure. Hell all the CW figures were POS.

as for the back door pilot...

It was OK. I will be watching it again to see if that changes my mind. Some stuff I liked, some I didn't.

Not a fan of the ominous future newspaper storyline. Not. At. All.
    I agree about the Roy action figure. The only one worse in my mind was the Season 3 Arrow figure, that had a new slim body type that just looked terrible.

The rest of the figures were pretty good, though. Not always in the face (Malcolm) but the costumes and body types were spot on. It pisses me off that they have apparently stopped making them, since there are so many characters I want to own.

As for the future newspaper story- it is The Flash 2.0, isn't it?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 01-22-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I think the spinoff could be a lot of fun. I certainly like the cast. I do think bringing in the pre-Crisis memories is potentially confusing. I was actually kind of excited about getting a clean slate.
    I hope they don't do the whole 'JJ is now a villain working against Mia in secret while romancing her in public' trope. I'd really like it if he's now conflicted because of his dual memories, and his arc is rising above who he was and becoming a whole new person.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I had hoped that the new show would break away from the "you have failed this city" type of hero show, and find a new take on Green Arrow, but it seems that's where they're going with it. Oh well - let's see how they do it. Interesting that both shows start with the hero coming to terms with their father's legacy and impact on the city and their sacrifice.

My main takeaway from the "pilot" is that it seems unfocused. Having three leads is already potentially tricky, three leads that already have a history (or maybe for Dinah a lack of one) and their own motivations prior to the start of the show make it a little more difficult to make the team seem coherent and to give the show a sense of focus. Introducing a new status quo for three characters (two of whom are time, and dimensionally displaced) after Crisis was always going to be a bit messy, so we'll see when the real show starts, but "Arrow" started with a much clearer sense of purpose that was very personal to the protagonist. Laurel wanted to give Mia a sense of purpose, but the show also needs to do that as well, it just won't be as easy as injecting her with it.

After I don't know how many years, I finally like Laurel and she's the strongest one here. Mia still has potential, but I think someone knew she couldn't carry the show on her own. And Dinah .... ugh, sorry - I think she's the weakest link and her new status quo doesn't help. I know they're past it, but Laurel murdered her fiancee in cold blood. I wonder if they'll really never mention that again.
    I think the lack of focus here was because they had to set up so much for a potential spin-off, and they only had an hour to do it. I think if it gets picked up, the story will tighten up considerably.

As for Laurel- YES. So happy to see a confident, bad-ass Black Canary on the screen. As for her and Dinah- they've been working together since Season 7 now. I think by this point that Dinah has forgiven Laurel, and Laurel wants to be a better person to make up for all that she has done in the past.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder if Felicity is evil this time and behind everything. That would be kinda hilarious. Or it could be Thea...
    I was thinking it was going to be Laurel. (Or some other evil version of Black Canary either another Earth or timeline)

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Did the shadow, oil slick whatever that was look like a bird/bird logo to anyone else or am I reading too much into things?
    14.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I was thinking it was going to be Laurel. (Or some other evil version of Black Canary either another Earth or timeline)
    I would go with that- the only thing is that the tattoo on the ex-boyfriend's arm was of the Hozen. The only people I can think of who knew about that who is a woman would have been Thea, Felicity, Sara, or Shadow.

EDIT- I suppose there could also be an alternate Mia. Or an alternate of Slade, Roy or William who was a woman on another Earth.

Incredible Member

Did I miss something about Laurel? How did she get to the future? And how does she know about Star City's future? Did she join the Legends for a bit and left when she found out the future of Star City?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Did I miss something about Laurel? How did she get to the future? And how does she know about Star City's future? Did she join the Legends for a bit and left when she found out the future of Star City?
    It seems that after the funeral next week Sara takes Laurel to the future. Maybe in the Prime Universe the "real" Laurel was already dead and with no multiverse cross-overs there never was a Black Siren life for her to return to.

The bit about a friend of Supergirl teaming with a friend of the Flash's to make portable memory-restorer things was funny, but that's a lot of backstory for a new show. At least most of the characters are basically new. There's no need to restore Zoe, or even William for that matter. Mia and JJ are enough.

So, then...Green Arrow Beyond? Sort of like how weird technology was in Batman Beyond, I'm a little worried about how technology will be in this spin-off series set in the 2040's (especially since they seem to be treating social media the same way it's treated today).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    JJ interests me the most- will he be evil now, or will having two sets of memories allow him to redeem his evil side.
    That interests me too. We will learn why he became Deathstroke in the first place, and if going back to that is more important to him than his life now.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My main takeaway from the "pilot" is that it seems unfocused. Having three leads is already potentially tricky, three leads that already have a history (or maybe for Dinah a lack of one) and their own motivations prior to the start of the show make it a little more difficult to make the team seem coherent and to give the show a sense of focus. Introducing a new status quo for three characters (two of whom are time, and dimensionally displaced) after Crisis was always going to be a bit messy, so we'll see when the real show starts, but "Arrow" started with a much clearer sense of purpose that was very personal to the protagonist. Laurel wanted to give Mia a sense of purpose, but the show also needs to do that as well, it just won't be as easy as injecting her with it.
    While Dinah and Laurel are two very important characters with their own backstories and arcs, Mia is still the lead, and I think everything we see will be through her eyes and experiences. The new show should be recognizable enough to be like Arrow in spirit but still its own thing.

So what's happening with Connor? Im not caught up but I see people talking about the new show being Mia and JJ. Also I watched part of the crossover and it sounded like Diggle was crying that Conner was gone or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So what's happening with Connor? Im not caught up but I see people talking about the new show being Mia and JJ. Also I watched part of the crossover and it sounded like Diggle was crying that Conner was gone or something.
    In the new timeline he's apparently on bad terms with JJ and Mia, though he's not bad. As for the Diggle thing, if you saw him crying during Crisis it was him coming to terms with Oliver's death, Conner wasn't mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    In the new timeline he's apparently on bad terms with JJ and Mia, though he's not bad. As for the Diggle thing, if you saw him crying during Crisis it was him coming to terms with Oliver's death, Conner wasn't mentioned
    Naw he was talking to Oliver earlier in the crossover. I think who knows I wasnt wure what he said just sounded like Connor. But ok so they kinda just wrote him out. I honestly thought he would be the new Green Arrow. Given he does have the name Connor Hawk. Oh well probaly a 0% chance I was gonna watch the spin off anyway
    Hated all the future stuff with those kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Naw he was talking to Oliver earlier in the crossover. I think who knows I wasnt wure what he said just sounded like Connor. But ok so they kinda just wrote him out. I honestly thought he would be the new Green Arrow. Given he does have the name Connor Hawk. Oh well probaly a 0% chance I was gonna watch the spin off anyway
    Hated all the future stuff with those kids.
    Diggle wasn't in Crisis until episode 3, and he was upset about Oliver dying and his wife missing. He was also in the Arrow episode that lead into Crisis but Conner wasn't gone then, so that couldn't have been it. As for Conner, he unfortunately wasn't going to be the GA, since he isn't Oliver's son in this version, and they introduced Mia. The future stuff here isn't as bad as it was before. Before it felt like a drag, here it certainly seems better. But I can understand it isn't everyone's cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Diggle wasn't in Crisis until episode 3, and he was upset about Oliver dying and his wife missing. He was also in the Arrow episode that lead into Crisis but Conner wasn't gone then, so that couldn't have been it. As for Conner, he unfortunately wasn't going to be the GA, since he isn't Oliver's son in this version, and they introduced Mia. The future stuff here isn't as bad as it was before. Before it felt like a drag, here it certainly seems better. But I can understand it isn't everyone's cup of tea
    Your right im.mixxing stuff up.
    https://youtu.be/6Cnq6r91y6M

I know hes saying oliver is gone but I keep hearing Conn or carter. at the very end before him and sara hug

As long as Malcolm stays dead :P

And I don't care what everybody else says, I look forward seeing Felicity again.

Also probably no Slade again, which sucks......

As for the latest episode itself, I love that Dinah has her cry back

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

As for the latest episode itself, I love that Dinah has her cry back
    As am I. I still remember fangirl squealing when she said what her real name was at the end of that episode of Arrow. I thought she had a good look, love the costume she has now, but man she took a step way back with the Team Arrow Civil War crap and not long after she was starting to get better she gets her throat slashed. I am hoping the spinoff gets a series order just to continue the redemption of the Dinah character.