Page 576 of 598 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Seeing Katana was really cool, especially her fight with China White (so relieved she wasn't killed).

I was afraid this season was going to go too cosmic with the Monitor and everything. I wanted the final season of Arrow to come full circle and be more about Oliver and his city, but we really are getting a "Best Of" season, last episode was about season 1 and this episode and the next callback to season 3. I hope we get more episodes like these. Naturally Lilah has something to do with the Monitor given her comic book backstory, but it still took me by surprise.

I was thinking J'onn and Malefic. Good brother and evil brother.

Oh, maybe that's JJ's problem. He is really Sara underneath all this and that's why he's so agitated. I still hate the idea that Diggle was able to raise Connor properly and JJ suffered as a result. I do like this storyline, though.
    Is there any word if MJW is coming back for the final season? Cause it would suck if they say he died off screen and that's why Connor gets left with Diggle and Lyla. I mean I guess they can just say he knew Connor was better off with them or soemthing but his kid was his motivation for everything. Doesnt seem like he would just walk away.

I would have been thrilled if the Arrow spin-off starred Bronze Tiger and Katana and a few others to round out their team. (throw in Alena the computer hacker as their tech person)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would have been thrilled if the Arrow spin-off starred Bronze Tiger and Katana and a few others to round out their team. (throw in Alena the computer hacker as their tech person)
    Anything that gives us more MJW.

It was really great to see Katana again and to have Tatsu as a full-fledged vigilante. She was really awesome here .

It was also nice to see China White again. She was the show's first proper Supervillain, more or less, so it feels fitting that she show up in the final season. Plus, Kelly Hu .

So how long until Team Flash finds out Earth-2 was destroyed? It's got to happen at some point.

I think my problem with the future flashforwards is they feel like they're from an entirely different show then the present-day stuff with Oliver.

I guess China White did warn Tatsu that she should've killed her...although thank goodness Laurel was there to stop her, the way it was staged would've made White killing Tatsu an utter mockery of seppuku.

So how long has Lyla been working with the Monitor?
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was afraid this season was going to go too cosmic with the Monitor and everything. I wanted the final season of Arrow to come full circle and be more about Oliver and his city, but we really are getting a "Best Of" season, last episode was about season 1 and this episode and the next callback to season 3. I hope we get more episodes like these. Naturally Lilah has something to do with the Monitor given her comic book backstory, but it still took me by surprise.
    I wonder if it'll also serve as a season 4 tribute since we'll be dealing with Thea and if her bloodlust comes up.

I wonder if the future flashforwards are intended to be the season 2 tribute with the Deathstroke gangs and the Diggle brothers possibly as a parallel to Oliver/Slade? Or maybe it's a parallel to John's dynamic with his brother (which I guess could be a season 4 tribute).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was really great to see Katana again and to have Tatsu as a full-fledged vigilante. She was really awesome here .

It was also nice to see China White again. She was the show's first proper Supervillain, more or less, so it feels fitting that she show up in the final season. Plus, Kelly Hu .

So how long until Team Flash finds out Earth-2 was destroyed? It's got to happen at some point.

I think my problem with the future flashforwards is they feel like they're from an entirely different show then the present-day stuff with Oliver.

I guess China White did warn Tatsu that she should've killed her...although thank goodness Laurel was there to stop her, the way it was staged would've made White killing Tatsu an utter mockery of seppuku.

So how long has Lyla been working with the Monitor?

I wonder if it'll also serve as a season 4 tribute since we'll be dealing with Thea and if her bloodlust comes up.

I wonder if the future flashforwards are intended to be the season 2 tribute with the Deathstroke gangs and the Diggle brothers possibly as a parallel to Oliver/Slade? Or maybe it's a parallel to John's dynamic with his brother (which I guess could be a season 4 tribute).
    Lyla's supposed codename is "Harbringer". You know, like the woman from the comics that assisted the Monitor in the beginning of CoIE. Which could be hinting at her "being undercover" on Earth 1 this entire time.

Just finished season 2. Took awhile because I was watching it on and off. I enjoyed it but the whole destroy the city plot got a bit old. They did it in season one, season two, and I read the plot for season three and it Seems Ras attacks the city with a bio weapon. Just gets kinda worn out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Season 2 was a masterpiece.

Now prepare for 2 seasons of suck.....and then a great Season again with Season 5.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Season 2 was a masterpiece.

Now prepare for 2 seasons of suck.....and then a great Season again with Season 5.
    great is a stretch. Good, yes, but great.....I dunno about that one.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Why is everyone hating on the future, I loved the scene between JJ and Connor.

Dwarfs compared to the present, sure, but still good.
    I don't care about the events of the future and the characters are lame. I can't invest in any of them. I woke up a little with the JJ plot mainly because I want to know what his connection to Deathstroke is.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Just finished season 2. Took awhile because I was watching it on and off. I enjoyed it but the whole destroy the city plot got a bit old. They did it in season one, season two, and I read the plot for season three and it Seems Ras attacks the city with a bio weapon. Just gets kinda worn out.
    IIRC, even Lance points that out in the show in Season 3. "City's under attack? Must be May."

Mighty Member

That was a nice surprise ending.

So they can stop the bad stuff from happening in Star City with no distopian future and the spin off with the Jr Scooby Gang will take place in our present.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Where is Nyssa?"- In Hawaii...

And then Thea told Talia that Nyssa was getting a tan. Very nice

I think they made Thea more of a bad-ass in one scene with Oliver than they did in 2-3 seasons of her as a vigilante. I'm so happy to see her back.

Athena complaining about Talia bringing in outsiders... you know, one was also an Heir to the Demon, the other was (briefly) Ra's al Ghul himself.

So much for the Thanatos Guild... too bad we won't get to see Talia and Thea's new League. Needs to work on the name, though.

I'm more convinced than ever that Diggle died, and Lyla made a bargain with the Monitor to bring him back.

Well, guess Zoe won't be joining the cast of the spin-off!

I wonder if Connor and Dig will have a heart-to-heart next episode.

Seeing Oliver saying goodbye to Thea- it really is amazing how far Stephen has come as an actor. He's always had great chemistry with Willa, but his acting was always a bit wooden in the early seasons. But now, seeing him break down as he says goodbye to Thea for what probably is the last time, it really got to me. I haven't teared up like that since Tommy's death.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Like most people here not a fan of the 2040 stuff, not sure why it was even introduced in the first place last season. The only reason I can seem to think they keep showing it is somehow down the line this season or in crisis Oliver sees his 2 adult kids and gets to interact with them and say he’s proud of them. Past and present interacting somehow or else why bother. If this is all a set up for the new show then not a fan of wasted time.
    Okay I didn’t expect to guess the plot so soon after watching the first episode a couple weeks ago...
    Last edited by Bossace; 10-30-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I think the guy that recruited Oliver is actually the Monitor, but he's going to confuse their motivations because of the ancient text they found, which actually refers to the Anti-Monitor. So Oliver is going to undermine the actual Monitor's efforts, believing him to responsible for the coming Crisis, until someone he trusts steps in to make the point (presumably Harbringer). Which tracks pretty nicely with the buildup to COIE, because the Monitor was thought to be a villain when he was really testing the heroes.